The Ties That Bind (904)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by George Costanza
    * I know they were still connected during this episode. I kind of got the impression that the link had been broken when Daniel was in Landry's office at the end, get it? Maybe I was wrong.
    I have a feeling they're still connected, but like you, I could be wrong. We'll just have to wait til next week to find out.

* Stargate used to be as realistic as Sci-fi gets. Now, the SGC has turned into some kind of circus where criminals and troublemakers are given free access to anything and everything.
    Funny how your tune about Vala has changed. Didn't you start a thread sort of praising her? You did...Seriously anyone miss Sam?

I just can't believe how boring this was. Even my friend, who persuaded me into watching SG-1 years ago just stopped watching after 15 mins.

I want to love it, but I hate it. I hate it! Give me back my SG-1 storytelling the way it used to be.
    If it's boring you so much...why do you still watch? Don't worry, in a couple more eps...things will probably get back to the way you like it. *sighs While I miss Sam...I will also miss Vala when she's gone.
    Last edited by SunKrux; 07 August 2005, 05:25 PM.
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by George Costanza
      * Stargate used to be as realistic as Sci-fi gets. Now, the SGC has turned into some kind of circus where criminals and troublemakers are given free access to anything and everything.

I just can't believe how boring this was. Even my friend, who persuaded me into watching SG-1 years ago just stopped watching after 15 mins.

I want to love it, but I hate it. I hate it! Give me back my SG-1 storytelling the way it used to be.

I have to say I agree w/ this point. I think that for me, this line got crossed last season when General Jack O'neill allowed all sorts of livestock to roam the SGC when Ishta & her friends came to live--er, visit. Totally destroyed any image I had of military precision & discipline being followed at the SGC. I also didn't like the Vala situation. I know she had to be w/in proximity to Daniel, but she didn't have to have free run of the whole facility.

Comment

Originally posted by jyh
        I have to say I agree w/ this point. I think that for me, this line got crossed last season when General Jack O'neill allowed all sorts of livestock to roam the SGC when Ishta & her friends came to live--er, visit. Totally destroyed any image I had of military precision & discipline being followed at the SGC. I also didn't like the Vala situation. I know she had to be w/in proximity to Daniel, but she didn't have to have free run of the whole facility.
        I don't think Vala has had "free run" of the whole facility. She's had GUARDS with her every where. How is that "free run" of the place? Free run would be the exact opposite of what Vala has.

Don't worry, the Vala situation (lol) will be over before you know it. Then Vala will be gone (but not for good, hopefully) and Sam will be back.
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jyh
          i felt it in season 7, when after spying on, following, and interferring with a stakeout and almost getting sam killed, pete shanahan was given clearance to know about the stargate program. and *didn't* get in trouble for the spying/following/interferring with a stakeout stuff. that's about when i realized the writing was getting pretty wiggy. you're supposed to write the plot around the characters, not the characters around the plot.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Can we say boring? or maybe BORING? or just plain "boring"!

I'm seriously wondering just why I'm still watching this show. Am I a masochist? Or do I really believe, hope, or just pray that it's going to somehow miraculously get better?

I watched the first eight years of Stargate SG1. Maybe its just gotten to be a Friday night habit.

Ah, well, here's to hoping that things get better. God forbid if they get any worse!

Comment

All I have to say is what the heck was that?

"Hey, we just found a new, powerful enemy... let's go on a scavenger hunt and have Aeryn-lite terrorize Washington"

And someone has been into Farscape's costumes and leftover Muppet parts... tsk tsk....((Althought it was nice to see BB andMS in leather ))

What scared me the most was while I was sitting there watching Vala "harrass" Daniel I kept thinking that she reminded me of someone... then I realized it was me so now I'm scared.

It's just too much Vala and too much change all at once. I would have happily waited longer to see Sam back and Vala episodes scattered throughout the season. ((I know, it doesn't work like that))

I don't think I could actually watch the episode again to write a decent review on it.
              Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
              RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                I don't think Vala has had "free run" of the whole facility. She's had GUARDS with her every where.
                She's racked up quite an impressive list of crimes against Earth and the SGC. Let's see: there's 1) stealing the Prometheus, 2) threats with a weapon against General Hammond and his crew, 3) assault against the person of Daniel, 4) escaping capture and 5) entrapment with the bracelets resulting in endangering Daniel's life and that must have cost the SGC a huge expense what with all the useless running around they did in TtB.

It seems to me that any time Vala spent in the SGC should have been in the brig.
                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by jyh

She doesn't have free run of the whole facility but she goes where he goes as does a guard. They can be seperated for short periods of time, that was state in this and previous episodes(I think for about an hour) before they collapse so that is why he could be off someplace while she was managing to make her way into his room. But I saw no evidence she has free run of the whole facility.

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. The storyline was spot on, tight, and well paced. My only complaint is that I'd have liked to have had a few more shots of Tealc in that suit! But still, Daniel and Cameron in leather pants? How can I complain at all!

Vala worked best in this episode, in my opinion, as Claudia Black has excellent comedic timing and the storyline here worked well to her strengths.

My favourite TV writer is Joss Whedon, and this episode had a 'Firefly' feel to it for me - that's a huge compliment btw! Definitely the best light hearted episode of the last three seasons for me. Bring on more of the same!
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh, and to the people who said Vala shouldn't have been in the same room as them in Washington- Well, she knows more about the Ori than anyone else in the galaxy except for Daniel. I think it makes sense to have her there to backup Daniel's story. Plus she knows more about the current state of the galaxy than anyone else.

Comment

Well, I enjoyed the episode. It seems the TPTB and SG-1 usually have a fun episode each season and this could be the one for S9.

I also like the way they are intergraating Mitchell into the show.

Comment

Yes I liked the way they're bringing him in too. The first ep of the season was very Mitchell-centric, then he's been not quite the focus in subsequent episodes, which kinda reflects the way Mitchell is taking over SG1.
                          Rather than the cliched bull headed approach - male alpha storms in throwing his weight around, others dislike him, then life and death situation bonds team and they realise he's not so bad after all - it is refreshing to see a different approach to introducing a new character taken.
                          sigpic

Comment

Love it! Love it! Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin
                              -Daniel and Vala are wonderful....the bantering never gets old. Michael and Claudia really click together. I wonder if Vala really was serious when she was confiding to Daniel in the bedroom, or was it an act. Was her, "did it work" a defense mechanism, or was it all a work?
                              I think she was serious. She told Daniel about being a host to Gou'ld symbiote in PU, so it's definitely a truth and the next episode is going to tell us much, much more about it...

Comment

Anna-Louise Plowman isn't British either. She's New Zealand born. Although I think she currently lives and works in the UK. (Seem to remember something on one of the DVD commentaries about her having to hop over from London to film an episode).

But I'll agree with you on the sexy angle. She was just deliciously warped as Osiris. I miss her.

Albion
                                Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X