No announcement yet.

The Ties That Bind (904)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I wanted to like this episode, I didn’t. I found it too meandering. I understand that it was meant to be funny, but it fell flat and just came off as a Firefly spoof. I’d like to say that the scene with Vala in sexy pj’s made up for a lack luster story but it really didn’t. I want the focus to shift from Daniel/Vala to Cam Mitchell already.
    Last edited by impulsivelad; 07 August 2005, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
      I'm not actually one of the people who are commenting on Daniel's lack of...um...getting some, but I have a theory as to why people aren't going on about Teal'c. Could it be because he got more than enough last season? He had Ishta and that wannabe Karate Kid/boyfriend killer too. If you think about it Teal'c is quite the Cassanova. As far as Dr. Lee goes, now that you bring it up...just kidding.
      I agree about Teal'c. He did have quite a season last year. He lives on base so I'm sure he has gotten to know the people there quite well. Who knows what's going on with some of the SGC female personnel and Teal'c? I know I couldn't watch him walk through the halls every day and not think about following him to his room. I have heard rumors about him and the cafeteria lady...

My thoughts are that we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes with our guys (and gal in Sam's case). After all, how many times did we see Jack with Kerry before Sam stumbled on the two of them together? They had been involved for quite a bit. (I wrote a whole little backstory fic on that myself concerning Jack years before the Kerry incident.) I don't think it's a matter of not...well, of not, but a matter being discreet adults. They could be involved with people, we just don't know about it.
      "You cannot reason with your own heart;
      it has it's own laws and beats about things
      which the intellect scorns."
      - Mark Twain -

Comment

That's a very good point. SG-1's never really been about exploring the characters' love lives. Even when Sam ended up with Pete, she was already dating him by the time we saw first saw him.
        Last edited by TheCorpulent1; 07 August 2005, 09:25 AM.
        Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
        Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
        Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
        Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Yeah, Daniel could be "getting it" like crazy.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well, judging from most of the archaeologists I've seen on TV documentaries and stuff, Daniel doesn't exactly have much competition in the circles he travels in.
            Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
            Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
            Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
            Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Agree with you there.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I found this episode to be quite enjoyable, and I didn't find Vala's humor that annoying... Except for the part in Washington, that was slightly annoying.

But otherwise, this was a pretty good episode. This season is looking pretty good.
                sigpic
                In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by oragans
                  its the one and only Anna-Louise Plowman - osiris
                  ding ding ding ding!! thats right oragans, its the very sexy Sarah Gardner. later known as Osiris.

Johny tell em what he has won!!!

.:johny:. thats right its a round trip, all expenece paid trip to the bathroom. congradulations!!!!!!
                  Get YOUR P90 Here!
                  Am i alone in hoping that the Seaquest seasons with the DeLuise brothers are finally released on dvd??

Nice hair!!

Comment

Not a bad episode. Nothing earthshattering but it was quite funny. I found myself entertained and not bored, so that's saying something. Still, I think by the time Sam returns I will have had enough of Vala. I agree with whoever said that just because Sam isn't there doesn't mean they have to write everything around Daniel/Vala. We could have had more on the Jaffa, or even Mitchell. But still, I found myself lol through much of this. Even though Vala was back to her old self, she wasn't quite over the top like before so it didn't bother me so much.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LoveYouBaby
                      One of the memorable scenes is when Vala made-up her history, which I nearly got taken in by.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume it was made-up. It looked to me like she was hurt and letting the flood gates open for a time and then when she realized that she was making herself vulnerable, she returned to her humor defense to try to cover it up.

I think
                      Spoiler:
                      next week we may learn that she wasn't too far from the truth...

Comment

Originally posted by BodenMaddox
                        I wouldn't be so quick to assume it was made-up. It looked to me like she was hurt and letting the flood gates open for a time and then when she realized that she was making herself vulnerable, she returned to her humor defense to try to cover it up.

I think
                        Spoiler:
                        next week we may learn that she wasn't too far from the truth...
                        I agree. That was my understanding...she really did look very vulnerable and it wasn't until Daniel negated her whole speech, assuming she'd made it up that she snapped out of it with a witty comeback. Vala hates showing any weakness - seems like she's absolutely learned how to survive in her world and not be taken advantage of again.

Comment

WOW!!! Great episode, i enjoy it SO much. it will very sad when vala gone

Comment

I hated it.

TtB replaces Full Circle as the worse episode ever for me. AFAIC, compared to TtB, Full Circle was a masterpiece of good drama and story telling.

Vala has proven beyond a doubt that she has zero redeeming qualities, and the idea of running around the galaxy, putting the lives of Cam, Teal'c and Daniel at risk for this was ludicrous. When did this show become Gilligan's Stargate? Enough with the sit com; give this fan Stargate SG-1.

In my opinion.
                            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

So the plot of this ep wasn't Daniel and Cameron in leather?

It was basically an intergalatic scavenger hunt. Poor Daniel didn't even get the "link" removed. Vala's loving it since she gets to stay with "her Daniel" a bit longer. I love the Daniel/Vala banter. It's great. I don't think Vala's going to give up until she gets him into bed.

We got a bit more southern from Cameron this week. Word total three - mama, reckon, and big ole. I love Southern Cameron.

Poor Cameron's trying to get a team together and is not getting any closer to his goal.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                                Yes I did watch TTB. Did you? In the beginning of the eps...AFTER Vala leaves...Daniel passes out...and stays out until Vala returns. Then there was the bit with Dr. Lee, while Daniel was connected to the computer/machine while Vala was constantly talking about Dr. Lee as if he weren't in the room. Dr. Lee or someone mentions the fact that the device that took them to meet the Ori could be the reason they are still connected, it enhanced the bracelet's properties or something like that.
                                Hmmmm...me thinks they're still connected.

The whole eps was about them trying to get back the stuff Vala had stolen so that the little man (can't remember the character name) that got carnal with Vala years ago, could tell them HOW to get disconnected. Did ya miss that part?

How did Vala cut their budget? The budget was cut well before she even went with them to that meeting in DC. That's why they went...to get the gov't to NOT cut the budget. They were given the choice of a "community watch dog" or the already cut budget of 30%. She had nothing to do with that.

Sounds to me you just don't like Vala and aren't willing to give her a chance. That's your choice and I respect that. It's not funny to YOU (and probably others) and you have that right, just as I (and others like me) have the right to relish the show so far this season. Honestly, no tv show is realistic...that's why I watch the ones I like...to escape reality for an hour or more.

You cringe and I'll laugh my eema off. We'll get along just fine.

* I know they were still connected during this episode. I kind of got the impression that the link had been broken when Daniel was in Landry's office at the end, get it? Maybe I was wrong.

* Stargate used to be as realistic as Sci-fi gets. Now, the SGC has turned into some kind of circus where criminals and troublemakers are given free access to anything and everything.

I just can't believe how boring this was. Even my friend, who persuaded me into watching SG-1 years ago just stopped watching after 15 mins.

I want to love it, but I hate it. I hate it! Give me back my SG-1 storytelling the way it used to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X