The Ties That Bind (904)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lonestar
    I went back to liking Mitchell in this episode after not liking him last week. Hmm….maybe it was the leather.
    Ya think? I give it ** stars without the leather, ** 1/2 WITH the leather. I was amused that Daniel kept tugging at his outfit.

Originally posted by ls
    Ok. I’m not actually hating Vala that bad. I actually rather liked those two in this one. Shh...Don’t tell anybody. ;)
    I know you're still hoping for a hair-grabbing, fire extinguisher wielding, cat-fight to come. Two more episodes to go. I'll be pulling for you.

Originally posted by shipperahoy
    I'm not actually one of the people who are commenting on Daniel's lack of...um...getting some, but I have a theory as to why people aren't going on about Teal'c. Could it be because he got more than enough last season? He had Ishta and that wannabe Karate Kid/boyfriend killer too. If you think about it Teal'c is quite the Cassanova.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. Does anyone think after seeing Teal'c give Ishta a tonsilectomy on the gateramp that he isn't....er.....getting any? Now Daniel - who knows. He's easily distracted for long periods of time by shiny artifacts.

Originally posted by chocdoc
    Okay, I admit it. I'm getting really really tired of any story that centers around Daniel and Vala right now. I like Daniel. I like Vala, but there is just way too much of them, and therefore very very boring. Enough is enough. SG1 in the past has done a good job of spreading the storylines around, but these first four episodes have focused mostly on two characters, one of which is recurring. It's becoming really boring, silly, and unbelievable. And that is really depressing.
    I think this is part of the problem. If they could have had an episode "off" from Vala - and I understand she was filling in for Sam but it's not like they can't write an episode without a female in it. Perhaps Vala could have been gone for one whole ep before the effects of the distance from the "bracelet" kicked in. Given them time for a Cam or Teal episode and then have Vala return for two more episodes with Sam coming back. I rather like Vala too - although she still needs some depth - but I've really wanted to see Mitchell get some more time.
    Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

When they went to meet with that one Jaffa who was a merchant, was the name of the Goa'uld that he once served mentioned?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude
        It's Elizabeth Hurley.
        not the one i was thinking of any other guesses??
        Get YOUR P90 Here!
        Am i alone in hoping that the Seaquest seasons with the DeLuise brothers are finally released on dvd??

Nice hair!!

Comment

there's always a first time for everything...
          this somehow got posted out of order (part of this was actually in the next post below)...

...as to answer the question above, I don't remember the name of the Jaffa... and I didn't tape the ep, so I can't go back and find out.

...someone else will have to respond to that. sorry...
          Last edited by SGalisa; 06 August 2005, 10:03 PM. Reason: got posted out of sequencial order

Comment

short takes...
            * agree... liked the space-cowboy duds, and the names that went with them

* the stenographer grinning about Vala's comment during her visit to D.C... With Vala being E.T.alien, and having a human female from earth being in total agreement with each other - meeting for the first time as total strangers to each other, yet being in total agreement over the male ego *boys and their BIG engines* (etc) comment... too bad those *grins* were short lived... but the point was made

longer takes...
            Good golly! I expected to read in here about Vala's sins catching up with her, only instead found the following first impressions...
            Originally posted by esoap524:
            Maybe Daniel's just a man of high moral fiber who isn't going to get it on with the first tootsie who walks through the gate. Or the second. Or the third...

If I were Vala, I'd switch my attention over to Mitchell...
            Not necessarily a good idea on a permanent basis...
            If that ever happens, then someone somewhere will most likely loudly and might CHRONICALLY complain (because it's happened before) that Stargate has been turned into "FarGate" (John Crichton by Ben Browder and Aeryn Sun by Claudia Black, who were both characters in "Farscape"). There's already a topic discussing that...

Ben Browder was only teasing in his interviews that SG temporarily appeared to become "FarGate" only because two people (him and Claudia) are teamed up working together again on another show... also with wormholes - but more stable than Crichton (in Farscape) could create.

Personally, I think it's great seeing them teamed up again...

(*eek!!* sorry for the extra length, but...
            well, this was separated, but somehow got posted above, so it's getting put back into here...)

Next, as for Daniel's *high moral fiber* life... and coupling this with-
            Originally posted by GoVols:
            Tonight i think we finally confirmed that Daniel Jackson is indeed a homosexual.

Not that there is any thing wrong with that.

But seriously, Vala...
            After seeing the super soldier encounter with Daniel in "Prometheus Unbound" ...the creature with the deep male voice claiming it found Daniel to be quite attractive and watching Daniel SQUIRM -like Big time and not in a happy, ecstacy type way- which Daniel's (and Michael Shanks!) reaction was totally priceless and WORTH the entire episode (IMO), ummm... doubt that male/male would be true.

Originally posted by jyh:
            You could tell that Daniel was pretty tempted by Vala. But I think he's just so turned off by her theiving, conniving, lying nature, that that overrules any physical temporary lust he might feel.
            He did fall for her scheme, just a little, even after she did her pity-party story.

Originally posted by esoap524:
            Maybe Daniel's just a man of high moral fiber who isn't going to get it on with the first tootsie who walks through the gate. Or the second. Or the third...
            Maybe he's *desperately* trying NOT to make the same mistakes based from his past experiences... He does have a very naive and gullible personality, which already has been terribly taken advantage of.

Memory reveals that back in the earlier seasons of SG-1, Daniel *did* "get it on" with a few alluring females...

S1, EP: Hathor
            Hathor... with whom Daniel (admitted that he) personally left his DNA gene code with in a pool of newborn goa'ulds...

S2,EP: Need
            Princess Shyla... who tricked Daniel using the Goa'uld sarcophagus after saving his life and begged him to stay, etc., while the rest of SG-1 were being worked to death in a forced labor/mine camp.

S3, EP: Past & Present
            Ke'ra... very pretty young lady, who seemed to have everything wonderful about her, until Daniel was forcefully told the Ke'ra was really the evil scientist known as the "Destroyer of Worlds" Linea turned young again, but now appearing as Ke'ra...and having chronic amnesia.

S7, EP: CHIMERA
            Osiris / Sarah Gardner...
            Sarah was actually one of Daniel's former girlfriends, but Sarah got possessed by the goa'uld "Osiris" (a male by-the-way). Daniel had issues with Osiris invading his life, even tho he still loved Sarah.

Sha're... doesn't really count in this list, because Daniel truly loved her, and she became his (first and so far, only) wife, after he went thru the gate and met her first. But she died many months after being abducted to serve with Apophis, and was later killed.

Yeah, I'd say Daniel is just being extra cautious in getting too involved with another wonder of a relationship, especially if Vala is just "using" him for the ride... Daniel's historic (ala Star Trek: Captain Kirk) track record makes Sheppard's ancient (Stargate:Atlantis) Chaya encounter look sqeaky clean in comparison.

...The Ties That Bind...
            As for the rest of the story, I think there was a definite *lesson* to be learned about what happens when one item can trigger an event that may or may not be directly related to other items that lead up to the first item...

So, via Vala's never a-too-dull-moment life, SG-1 was learning the difficult route of:
            "be careful how one's sins will find them out"
            translated: how one's sins do (accumulate and) domino effect each other, and additionally ensnare the lives of those also getting more tangled into this timeline of life's daily events.

Oh yeah, definite Ori/Ascended Ancients material.
            Last edited by SGalisa; 06 August 2005, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by George Costanza
              Sorry, but did you watch TTB? Daniel and Vala are no longer linked. So why then is Vala, who STOLE the Prometheus, who basically is the reason why the Ori are now aware of our existence, who tried to steal artifacts, who lies every 10 seconds, who effectively cut the SGC budget, allowed to go on an SGC mission with Dr. Jackson?
              Yes I did watch TTB. Did you? In the beginning of the eps...AFTER Vala leaves...Daniel passes out...and stays out until Vala returns. Then there was the bit with Dr. Lee, while Daniel was connected to the computer/machine while Vala was constantly talking about Dr. Lee as if he weren't in the room. Dr. Lee or someone mentions the fact that the device that took them to meet the Ori could be the reason they are still connected, it enhanced the bracelet's properties or something like that.
              Hmmmm...me thinks they're still connected.

The whole eps was about them trying to get back the stuff Vala had stolen so that the little man (can't remember the character name) that got carnal with Vala years ago, could tell them HOW to get disconnected. Did ya miss that part?

How did Vala cut their budget? The budget was cut well before she even went with them to that meeting in DC. That's why they went...to get the gov't to NOT cut the budget. They were given the choice of a "community watch dog" or the already cut budget of 30%. She had nothing to do with that.

THAT is what I'm talking about. It's not funny. It's not realistic. It's stupid. End it, because if the show doesn't go back to the old SG-1 style soon, I'll be one of the fans the show loses this season. As much as I want to love it, I can't. Only two more episodes of cringing to go... here's hoping...
              Sounds to me you just don't like Vala and aren't willing to give her a chance. That's your choice and I respect that. It's not funny to YOU (and probably others) and you have that right, just as I (and others like me) have the right to relish the show so far this season. Honestly, no tv show is realistic...that's why I watch the ones I like...to escape reality for an hour or more.

You cringe and I'll laugh my eema off. We'll get along just fine.
              sigpic
              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Catherine Zeta Jones
                They figured he was a lazy, time-wasting slacker. They were right.

Comment

It was great to see Lexa and Shanks actually interact....they make such
                  a stunning couple....!!!!!!!!!!!

Come to think of it, Lexa really looked young in this eppy....and just jaw dropping gorgeous!!!!

And what was up with Landry.....? He looked and Lam and Mitchell....as if
                  he just married them.

Hmmmm...

Great eppy......hope to see more Lam/Lexa!!!!!!!!
                  Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Gosh, a real mixed bag of opinions! (this after the Duet thread!).

OK, I'm still enjoying the new eps I hated Vala in PU, have grown to like her, and if they toned her down a teeeensy bit and had a smidgeon more character development or depth or something I think I could really really like her - I think the "bedroom" scene speaks screeds about how talented CB is (and I've never seen an ep of Farscape). I also think that she was telling the truth about her past, and that on occasion her public demeanor is a shield to hide the horrifying, tragic and scarred past.....

still woulda had her x-rayed on the the way out tho

So, yes, enjoyed it a lot. Looking forward to seeing more of Cam (altho slightly icked out by this thing with the Dr what was with the clothing adjustment coming out of the lift?? ).

I'm not convinced getting Sam back is gonna change things a whole lot - the show is going in a new direction, I'll be glad to get her back, but I just don't think her reappearance is magically gonna give us back the "old" SG-1. And perhaps that's a good thing. I'm looking forward to seeing where TPTB take the show, the new energy is certainly very positive

Comment

I knew it! Dr. Lam and Lt. Col. Mitchell!

LOL

The leather outfits... how Farscape! What happened to the MW gate tunnel? Why was it replaced with that of the Pegasus'?

Arlos and Vala - how romantic, lol
                      Inago... sounds like Farscape's "Dargo".

That monk ... lol

"I have to get out of here! I can't take it anymore. The fasting, the chanting... b-b-b-bathing of the poor. If I have to weave one more prayer baskets, I'm going to kill someone! Bless the day, bless the day."

ROFL!

One of the memorable scenes is when Vala made-up her history, which I nearly got taken in by.

That chairman-guy is just plain stupid, typical git. I can't wait to see him die, however Vala did a great comeback, lol - "Big ships to overcome men's short comings" ROFL

It does appear that the Prometheus is just an experimental ship, and that Daedalus is the official line for class.

I'll go with what the General said which kinda best described this episode, "You went through all that, for nothing?" Oh well... did anyone else get the sense that Teal'c misses Jack?

8/10
                      Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
                      WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

Originally posted by George Costanza
                        Sorry, but did you watch TTB? Daniel and Vala are no longer linked. So why then is Vala, who STOLE the Prometheus, who basically is the reason why the Ori are now aware of our existence, who tried to steal artifacts, who lies every 10 seconds, who effectively cut the SGC budget, allowed to go on an SGC mission with Dr. Jackson?
                        Umm... at the end of the ep the guy said the link will probably wear off on its own after a while. Doesn't necessarily mean it's gone by the end of this ep.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                          Umm... at the end of the ep the guy said the link will probably wear off on its own after a while. Doesn't necessarily mean it's gone by the end of this ep.
                          that is if the guy is right, he didn't seem that intelligent to me.

Comment

Well, I really enjoyed this. Course, very rarely did it feel like I was watching Stargate, but you know for a show I hadn't really seen before it was fun.

Still liking to watch the relationship between Vala and Daniel. The 'found your glasses' and the scene in Daniel's room had me ROTFLing. The latter especially was beautifully worked by both MS and CB, with just the right beats. Wonderful to watch.

Still missing Sam. Every time I see Dr. Lee I miss her even more, which is annoying because I really enjoy Lee's appearances usually. For now though they just remind me of Sam's absence.

I had groaned when I read spoilers about the 'budget cut' angle. Hadn't we seen this before? Several times? And Kinsey did it so well, who could top him? But the new spin on this - not trying to shut down the SGC, but throwing the cash at Atlantis to the SGC's detriment, running down the SGC to just ticking over because there was more chance of getting technology from Atlantis made a lot of sense and had a realistic touch to it. It worked and was fresh, to my surprise. And Vala's assessment of the SAC's chairman - well, I almost broke a rib laughing.

Anyway, this was an enjoyable romp. Like I say, it was weirdly so not SG1 (and I somehow get the feeling it's not going to be until Sam returns and Vala goes), but all the same it was cute, hilarious, and a fun way to spend an hour.

Albion
                            Last edited by Albion; 07 August 2005, 06:25 AM.
                            Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

its the one and only Anna-Louise Plowman - osiris
                              i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

... The episode was kind of boring. Vala was funny, but there was no point to the episode.

... Mitchell and Daniel did look hot in those clothes though

About half way through the episode I yelled out, "Where the hell is Teal'c??"

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                                Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Working...
                                X