No announcement yet.

Avalon, Part 2 (902)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had resevations at frist I didn't want then to posess another body... But I was pleasently surprrise. Come On Season Ten
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I'm one of the few who likes the Jaffa eps. I think the direction they're taking this season looks very interesting and I look forward to how Teal'c will be dealing with being pulled in two different directions.

Comment

I liked this much better than Avalon I. It was much more interesting and held my attention throughout. Vala and Daniel work quite well together when they manage to stop sniping at each other. So, overall I would say that I'm encouraged that the rest of the season might just be okay.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
          The fire scene was conveiniant. Really, whats with the intricate fire designs? if I want to see cool stuff with fire, I'll get some booze and a sparkler.
          The design looks like a symbol of the Ori religion. The Prior (at last I think it was a Prior) had similar patterns on his robe.

Comment

I really liked this episode and of course the spectacular ending aswell, I think the ori will be THE baddie

Comment

Excellent, loved it, can't wait for Origin to rap it all up into me liking it even more.

And when the Pale looking dude showed up with everyone bowing down and all he says is fallow me. That was great. Lets face it, if you realy are all powerful you realy don't have to say much.
              *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
              *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
              *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
              *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
              *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
              *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Did no one else find it amusing that the names of the two people that Daniel and Vala "inhabited" were Harrid and Sallis?? Okay, just me, again...sigh...

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne
                  And another opinion at the opposite end of the spectrum chimes in: I LOVED IT. I've never been any good at puzzles, so I didn't get the obviousness of the two in the rooms, nor do I watch the Simpsons. I'm not sure WHAT Daniel figured out though as I couldn't understand HALF of what he said. Cut back on the exposition so Michael can SLOW DOWN.

Mitchell is still 'eh' for me, depending on how the season progresses I'll either end up liking him or not caring about him. He's a bit too much Mr Perfect Hero at the moment for me. Jury is still out.

Hello, Mrs. Shanks... have you been taking speed-talking lessons from your husband? <G> Carolyn Lam is a very different doctor from Janet. I miss Janet, but I like Carolyn already.

Still liking the General, still find the jaffa stuff dead boring. Wish we could Un-Jaffa Teal'c.

I liked the story. One of my friends watching it with me thought it was tired tripe, but then she didn't like Indiana Jones, either.

The bit with Vala burning and Daniel yelling, and then when he went and held her dead, burnt body was totally awesome. Just fantastic, excellent acting job there by both of them.

What else? Totally shallow moment here: those mideivel clothes on Daniel, whooooo boy! Woof!

I'm really loving this season SO FAR and especially Daniel and Vala. Can we keep her? Please, please!!!!

Dana Jeanne
                  Really, Morjana, how totally petty to send me a red square for this post. What didn't you like about it? That I enjoyed the episode or that I posted at all?

Dana Jeanne
                  Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

I thought I'd clarify some of my comments.

First of all, I do think the second half of the episode was better than the first. The 'taking over the body' thing was good, and the visual of the burning oil travelling along the sigil was really cool.

But I do really wish the Ori were more than 'More evil aliens who say they're gods'.

And I think it was just a little too easy for Mitchell to win that swordfight. It came off like 'Anybody can just pick up a sword and easily beat this guy'.

As for my comment about 'trying to out-personality each other'...

More accurate is 'Trying to steal the spotlight from each other'. Particularly Vala, but also Daniel and Mitchell. In the early season, none of the acting performances seemed to be particularly designed to become the center of attention. Now, except for CJ, they all do. I get the feeling they're trying way too hard to sell Mitchell and Vala to the audience instead of just letting the characters speak for themselves.

I just hope that when they beat the Ori in the future, it'll be because they did something clever, and not just because they found some new bit of technology just in time. (That's what I mean by 'not a return to roots'. In early SG1, they won because they were clever. In S7 and S8, they won because they found some new piece of technology that could kill Anubis' fleet/the replicators/etc instantly. If S9 is a return to roots, they have to start winning because they're clever again.)
                    Last edited by Bobthespirit; 23 July 2005, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                      Did no one else find it amusing that the names of the two people that Daniel and Vala "inhabited" were Harrid and Sallis?? Okay, just me, again...sigh...
                      Who are Harrid and Sallis?

I don't watch a lot of TV so some of the 'jokes' are waaaay over my head. Apparently there was a seseme street comment in there somewhere? I watched Kaptain Kangaroo when I was little <G>

I forgot to say how great it is seeing Dr Lee again! I've liked him ever since I first saw him in Evolution, and it's a joy to watch him when ever he pops up. I hope they keep him around! I thought it was really sweet the way Daniel put a hand on his shoulder when Dr Lee was talking about how hard he'd been working to figure something out (forget what it was).

I'm going to sit down tonight and watch both eps together. What a nice way to spend a hot, humid summer evening.

Dana Jeanne

Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Wow, I loved this episode! I really liked this one guy, he played the Ori-worshipper who came into Sallis' house where Daniel and Vala were. You know, the one guy who Daniel and Vala revealed themselves to. They have to bring him back!

Vala's death scene was amazing, probably the most "extreme" thing we've seen so far in SG-1 (I mean, someone burning to death...), I loved it... also when the Prior (he was awesome too! He needs to be recurring like that one Jaffa in Anubis' service, the one with the cocky English accent) brought Vala back from the dead was very good as well, pretty moving.

I hope the production is reading this, I'm totally digging the new direction of the show! I have to say that the way we are being introduced to this all is great, and that I now like Vala as well (hated her before).

Can't wait for Origin!

Comment

[QUOTE=Bobthespirit] First of all, I do think the second half of the episode was better than the first. The 'taking over the body' thing was good, and the visual of the burning oil travelling along the sigil was really cool.

And I think it was just a little too easy for Mitchell to win that swordfight. It came off like 'Anybody can just pick up a sword and easily beat this guy'.

I get the feeling they're trying way too hard to sell Mitchell and Vala to the audience instead of just letting the characters speak for themselves./QUOTE]

I liked the second half better,also. But then, it's "all about Daniel" for me, so it stands to reason I would Looking at spoilers, I was concerned that we might have to see Harrid and Sallis a lot more than we did, so I'm glad it was done the way it was. And Daniel in those breeches...

Someone posted that they didn't think the place where Vala was burned was something that you'd find --- I'll have to go back and find that post, as I forget exactly what she said. But, if that's the way the people there take care of heretics--their version of drowning the witch--then it makes sense that it would be there.

re what your saying about them trying too hard to sell Mitchell and Vala. I think they're trying too hard to make Mitchell into a Hero. All he did (that I could figure out anyway!) in Lost City was lead the group of fighters that helped in the fight. And crashed. And recovered. Um, so what? Like Landry said: what's his kryptonite? He's a little too perfect for me.

That said, I do like the way he doesn't "fall asleep" or shut Daniel up when Daniel's in "teaching mode." He listens, he asks questions, he acts like he genuinely wants to know. None of that "I'm stupid" act of Jack's that drove me crazy! So while I'm on the fence as to liking Mitchell or not, I do have one foot hanging on the like side

What exactly did Mitchell say when they were in Daniel's lab? Daniel mentions... Mirdin? and Mitchell mumbles "I have ....... Harvard and I've never heard of M..." I've replayed it over and over and I simply can't catch it.

Dana Jeanne

Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Originally posted by George Costanza
                            I hope the production is reading this, I'm totally digging the new direction of the show! I have to say that the way we are being introduced to this all is great, and that I now like Vala as well (hated her before). Can't wait for Origin!
                            I'm thinking I need to go back and watch Prometheus Unbound again, as I absolutely hated it, and Vala, when it aired. These two episodes have changed my mind completely about Vala, so perhaps I might like Prom.Unbd if I watched it again.

Is it friday, yet?

Dana Jeanne

Michael Shanks Online

Comment

I don't watch a lot of TV so some of the 'jokes' are waaaay over my head. Apparently there was a seseme street comment in there somewhere? I watched Kaptain Kangaroo when I was little <G>

Hee.

"One of these things is not like the others,
                              One of these things just doesn't belong,
                              Can you tell which thing is not like the others
                              By the time I finish my song"

Jace
                              Jace

When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people.

Abraham Joshua Heschel

Comment

Originally posted by George Costanza
                                Vala's death scene was amazing, probably the most "extreme" thing we've seen so far in SG-1 (I mean, someone burning to death...)
                                They kind of did it in S1 (Fire and Water), only I'm guessing that at they had smaller FX budget back then...
                                Who are Harrid and Sallis?
                                I don't watch a lot of TV so some of the 'jokes' are waaaay over my head. Apparently there was a seseme street comment in there somewhere?
                                My guess would be "When Harrry met Sally"...

Comment

Working...
                                X