No announcement yet.

Avalon, Part 2 (902)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but... Harrid and Sallis? What a headdesker

Comment

Great episode!! However, as some people have mentioned, the puzzels where a bit lamn (Guess they didn't want to take to much time up, or it was more about the idea of it (to be pure of heart - not the same as then), but it was still lamn.

Another thing, I love the legend of King Aurthor, so I was so angry that the authors screwed up like so many others... they named the sword in the stone exclaibur, but that was not excalibur in the legend, that was just the sword to prove him king, excalibur was given to him by the lady of the lake - Nimue - of Avalon.
      (I think this is how they did it in the show - I just joined and I just saw a show that had the same mistake so I decided to post this.)
      Last edited by Spell_Daemon; 22 March 2006, 11:36 AM.
      My name comes from a Greek word that means a supernatural being halfway between a god and a human being (but not a demi-god). Though I am also the master of magic. Therefore... Stargate rules!!!

Comment

Did anybody else who watched this get the impression that the Ancients (Alterans) name for the Milky Way Galaxy was Avalon, Daniel reads from the book "...they found a great belt of stars...they named their new home Avalon and built many Astria Porta" which makes it sound like they were refering more to the galaxy as a whole, and not just a location on Earth
        "Your a fruitcake," Daniel Jackson to Vala Mal Doran "Prometheus Unbound"

Comment

Originally posted by Spell_Daemon

Another thing, I love the legend of King Aurthor, so I was so angry that the authors screwed up like so many others... they named the sword in the stone exclaibur, but that was not excalibur in the legend, that was just the sword to prove him king, excalibur was given to him by the lady of the lake - Nimue - of Avalon.
          (I think this is how they did it in the show - I just joined and I just saw a show that had the same mistake so I decided to post this.)
          Actually, I believe that Cameron thought it was Excalibur. Daniel, however, said something about that being a common misconception.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos
            Actually, I believe that Cameron thought it was Excalibur. Daniel, however, said something about that being a common misconception.
            I can confirm: he says when the sword has broken, Excalibur was given to Arthur

Well it was a sympathetic episode: revelations on the ancients, the discovering of the village of Veraga and the increasing tension around the Ori...
            and Vala poor Vala, burned... hawful moment and emotion when Daniel comes to her after
            Hallowed is RepliCarter!

Hallowed are the Ori...

Comment

I REALLY enjoyed that episode...poor vala and daniel...the last scene has to be one of the most powerful scenes in all the seasons (for me)...maybe just cause i loved farscape...but i thought it was well done the whole episode...cant wait for the third part!
              -thanks Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel

Thanks Camy!!

Comment

The third part?
                sigpic

Comment

The episode called Origins is the third part it says so in the episode guide on this site.

I to thought the episode was good Mitchell this time wasn't so uncomfortable (trying to fit in) he blended well.

I thought there wasn't enough of Teal'c and Jaffa Nation IMO, but thats because future eps will focus on that.

Vala burning and Daniel distressed at Vala burning, was great chemistry, it wasn't sexual but more on friendship level as we've seen Daniel at this stress level before. (can't think of a episode)

Gen. Landry and Dr. Lam, there is something going on between these to I don't know what, it could be a father/daughter relationship or a work ethic relationship from previous history.

I like Gen. Landry now I didn't in Avalon Pt1 but something clicked that hes a good Gen in this ep.

Dr. Lam I 1st thought was to perky, I still miss Ol'doc Frasier, I'm sure I'll get use to Dr. Lam.

Now the Ori storyline I know is just starting but I feel a little more could have been revealed, but I have heard from other members here that if you watch all 3, 1 after the other it all fits in.

Overall I give this Episode a 8 1/2 way better than last week IHO.

Comment

Originally posted by phaeton
                    The episode called Origins is the third part it says so in the episode guide on this site.
                    Yes I know that origin is the third what threw me off was when she said I cant wait untill the third part.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                      Yes I know that origin is the third what threw me off was when she said I cant wait untill the third part.
                      well i want to know how it finishes....i dont like unresolved story lines...so u cant blame a girl for wanting the third part...so Back off!

Thanks Camy!!

Comment

I really like this episode but when I saw another "to be continued" I almost screamed. I don't mind two parters - in fact this two parter was pretty good - but three parters seem just a little too much. I lose interest after a while.

Mitchell really isn't a guy I'd put in charge of SG1. I admit that when I first saw Lam and Landry together I thought they had a relationship which was in no way familial.

This episode was very interesting in terms of getting a glimpse at new scenery and new bad guys. I enjoyed the Vala/Daniel interaction, starting with the teasing right through to the fire.

Comment

Originally posted by spirited Chihiro
                          well i want to know how it finishes....i dont like unresolved story lines...so u cant blame a girl for wanting the third part...so Back off!
                          I was awaiting it as well, when it was airing!..........

Where do you live has it not aired?
                          sigpic

Comment

God, I'm sick of the SG-1 creatives raiding the medi-evil section of the wardrobe department all the time. Can't they come up with anything new.

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                              I was awaiting it as well, when it was airing!..........

Where do you live has it not aired?

Australia

Thanks Camy!!

Comment

I feel incredibly jipped in Australia *sigh* I have seen them already though which makes it bearable. On the plus side, it's on boxset in August.

Comment

Working...
                                X