No announcement yet.

Avalon, Part 2 (902)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the risk of sounding repetitive. Wow.

Things are still barrelling along at a nice pace, and Mitchell is starting to blend in quite nicely. At this rate, it won't be long before I start referring to him as 'Cameron'!

Have to second the comments on Vala's burning scene - very shocking. Admittedly, I knew it was coming up (couldn't restrain my curiosity and checked out the ep summary on the main site - bad Unas!!), but that didn't detract from the intensity of the scene one little bit. The way that they dragged it out with that little trail of burning oil. Urghhhh....*shudder*

Add to that Daniel's frantic attempts to stop it - and the way he goes over to her after she's dead. Could MS have done it any better? I don't think so. Despite everything that's happened between them, he still cares when the chips are down. Fab.

Hmm. Some backstory yet to be revealed between Gen. Landry and Dr Lam, perhaps?

And - thank you Sky One for giving us the full titles! Big Yay!
    sigpic

Comment

Thw whole Vala buring scene, was it realy nessicary? at least shes alive I guess!
      Some great acting by the team (SG-1) and Vala and the new intros!! could this week get any better, oh yeah Atlantis!! Much better than the first part although in the Stargate Universe this is so often the way

Avalon Part II gets a S.G.G rating 8 out of 9 Chevrons!
      Last edited by Stricken; 26 October 2005, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
        Thw whole Vala buring scene, was it realy nessicary? at least shes alive I guess!
        Some great acting by the team (SG-1) and Vala and the new intros!! could this week get any better, oh yeah Atlantis!!

S.G.G's rating 8 out of 9 Chevrons!
        It was neccesary to show the power of the Orii. Although

Spoiler:
        Loads of people die and get brought back to life in the powers that be
        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Just tried to watch the first few minutes of this ep..... I had to record because i was working last night.

One question: How do they expect people who are hard of hearing to follow the words when they talk so "£%$£%^ fast, and the background music is so loud??????

As for Vala i can only follow half what she says. Her voice is so high pitched!

Comment

(((Mal)))

I can see how that would be difficult. I don't think that Claudia's voice is that high for a womens, in fact it has a fairly low tone. But then I don't have hearing difficulties!

I loved this season opener when seen as a whole. I don't think Avalon I works as well when you have to wait so long for the second half. The scene where Daniel cradles a horrifically burnt Vala was very moving and quite haunting.

Another favourite scene is in the treasure room when Vala is playing with the trinkets wearing the tiara. Good comedy
            sigpic

Comment

One teeny problem....

MS was talking very very very fast, especially in the first part of the episode.
              I had to rewatch it to pick up on absolutely everything he said

But other than that it was briiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilliant!!
              meh

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                (((Mal)))

I can see how that would be difficult. I don't think that Claudia's voice is that high for a womens, in fact it has a fairly low tone. But then I don't have hearing difficulties!

I loved this season opener when seen as a whole. I don't think Avalon I works as well when you have to wait so long for the second half. The scene where Daniel cradles a horrifically burnt Vala was very moving and quite haunting.

Another favourite scene is in the treasure room when Vala is playing with the trinkets wearing the tiara. Good comedy
                Do you now were there might be a transcript of the ep?? My only other option is wait for the dvd and run it with subtitles.

Comment

Season 9 is really coming off to a great start I was shocked by the vala buring scene I really wasn't expecting that! I'm liking this new direction sg-1 is taking the Ori already seem to no pushovers unlike the Goa'uld I had also almost forgotten Mitchell and Landry were new characters they've seemed to settle in well. The new credits also rock I hope we'll get to sure atlantis's new ones tonight as well!
                  "No Buzz I AM your Father" Zurg Toy Story 2

"I'll level with you Bob My names not Kirk it's Skywalker Luke Skywalker" O'Neill 1969

Comment

Started off same as last week - fun. Cam's still easy to warm to, daniel and vala are still a sparky pair, Landry's still setting my teeth on edge for no better reason than that i don't like the slack-jaw thing he does.

Most surprising was the instant and impressive impact that Doctor Andromeda made. I'm sold on her already.

Teal'c's got his hands full. I think he's secretly glad - an excuse to keep on being the outsider; not the sholvar any more but still the lone figure in the wilderness.

And the burning scene? Wow, I didn't think they'd have the nerve. It was horrible but I had to watch, and I was very moved by the end.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                      Do you now were there might be a transcript of the ep?? My only other option is wait for the dvd and run it with subtitles.
                      The Stargate Wiki has them:
                      http://wiki.stargate-sg1-solutions.c...%22_Transcript

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                        Do you have a sky box? They can get subtitles.

Madeleine

Comment

it's not the same without jack but I guess you just have to get over it. I don't think they could have done much better than Crighton to be honest. Glad they have resisted the temptation to throw Mitchell and Vala in together too quickly but it is inevitable I suppose.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Actually, no, they don't throw Mitchell and Vala together. There was only one scene in a later episode that had just the two of them, and there was no *wink wink, nudge nudge, look at Aeryn and Crichton together again* feel to it. Out of all the episodes she's in, Vala has either been with the team as a whole, or with Daniel

Not sure if that needed a spoiler since it wasn't about a particular plot point to any episode, but it did deal with episodes that come later, so better safe than sorry.
                            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                              Do you have a sky box? They can get subtitles.
                              No sky box. its NTL. I could get subtitles but, i was at work. Cant record subtitles.

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
                                Thankyou!!!!!!! i'll check when i get time.((((((hugs))))))

Comment

Working...
                                X