X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hedwig
    replied
    Originally posted by CallMeGeRoS View Post
    any chance that we can see if in another episode jack is fishing in that same pond but with fishes??
    Nope. There is no other episode that shows that. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• CallMeGeRoS
    replied
    Originally posted by ljxjcz View Post
    I think the sg1 in the beginning of these two eps is just an alternative reality, the proof is the fish does exist in the real Jack's pond. The real sg1 just got the tape and the zpm and then decide to not to use the time machine.
    any chance that we can see if in another episode jack is fishing in that same pond but with fishes??

Leave a comment:

• myowndrownedworld
    replied
    Brilliant two parter. One of my favs

Overall, for a show in it's 8th season, i found season 8 to be one of the best imo.

Leave a comment:

• ljxjcz
    replied
    I think the sg1 in the beginning of these two eps is just an alternative reality, the proof is the fish does exist in the real Jack's pond. The real sg1 just got the tape and the zpm and then decide to not to use the time machine.

Leave a comment:

• garhkal
    replied
    Originally posted by Kimberley Jackson View Post
    "The Fifth Race". I believe to remember that it is caused by him stepping on the platform in the middle (but Daniel, Sam and Teal'c had stepped on it before). Then, later on in the Lost City they dropped that twist (after all it's Daniel who activates the device then).
    Perhaps only that one in the fifth race was linked to the ancient gene.. the others were not.

Leave a comment:

• Seaboe Muffinchucker
    replied
    Actually, if you look on it as Jack activated it by crossing the circle, but the head-sucker itself would respond to any human, it's not a contradiction.

Although, like so many things, TPTB weren't thinking of any of this when they wrote these episodes.

Seaboe

Leave a comment:

• Kimberley Jackson
    replied
    I think the show even stated at some point (first episodes of SG: Atlantis I believe) that actually a small percentage of humans do have the ancient's genes naturally.
    After the ancients left Pegasus they returned to earth to live among the humans (and intermingle with them). That is also how the story of Atlantis got heard on earth. (They heard it from the ancients returning from Pegasus). That small percentage of humans who possess the gene is descendant from those ancients. Not all of them ascended after all.

Jack is one of the few people that have that gene naturally. Actually it was the only reason why the ancient's "brain sucker" machine even reacted to him in "The Fifth Race". I believe to remember that it is caused by him stepping on the platform in the middle (but Daniel, Sam and Teal'c had stepped on it before). Then, later on in the Lost City they dropped that twist (after all it's Daniel who activates the device then).

Leave a comment:

• Seaboe Muffinchucker
    replied
    Why would the brain sucker give him the ATA gene?
    Spoiler:
    It didn't give it to Daniel.

Seaboe

Leave a comment:

• hedwig
    replied
    Originally posted by mamanubbin View Post
    Can anyone explain to me how can Jack have the Ancients gene in this alternate timeline, so he's able to fly the ship? Surely he wasn't born with it, but got it when he got his brain sucked, right?
    That wouldn't explain how all those other folks in SGA got the gene naturally.

He had to have been born with it. And, besides, in the AU version in Moebius, Jack never got his brain sucked.

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    No. The Ancient gene has always been inside of him. AU wouldn't change Jack's genetics

Leave a comment:

• mamanubbin
    replied
    Can anyone explain to me how can Jack have the Ancients gene in this alternate timeline, so he's able to fly the ship? Surely he wasn't born with it, but got it when he got his brain sucked, right?

Leave a comment:

• Cluas
    replied
    Originally posted by Vanysh View Post
    Whenever Jack says there are no fish in his pond that's because he really doesn't know and never catches anything, and because it's a joke to him in a sarcastic manner. That's just how Jack is and always has been. The timeline is restored perfectly.
    I think so too. Good ending to the season. But as I said time travel plots quickly mess things up...

Leave a comment:

• Vanysh
    replied
    Whenever Jack says there are no fish in his pond that's because he really doesn't know and never catches anything, and because it's a joke to him in a sarcastic manner. That's just how Jack is and always has been. The timeline is restored perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• Macphisto
    replied
    Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    And they never showed us to set the time right. We are just suppose to assumed it happened off screen. We neve saw the rebellion happening and the original Stargate being left behind. We just assumed it happened. Too much off screen stuff
    My guess is this probably was due to time constraints and budget constraints. This type of script bail out was nicely mocked in 200, so the writers acknowledged they pulled these type of stunts.

I agree with those who say this ep was a setup to get Atlantis a ZPM and it was meant to conclude the series. The two parter was not bad, but Threads would have served as a much better conclusion.

We do understand at the end that the timeline did not get completely corrected as their are fish in Jack's pond now.

I think the reality is that they blew most of the FX budget on Reckoning and Threads. They probably also didn't have the budget to hire a bunch of extras to be out in the desert down in California or Nevada or wherever they needed to shoot. I just think the script device was a reality for dealing with the realities of shooting an episodic TV show and moving the budgets around.

Leave a comment:

• LT. COL. John Sheppard
    replied
    not just because he is Jelgate the almighty but im agreeing with Jel on this one

Leave a comment:

Working...
X