Moebius, Part 2 (820)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VSS
    My kid made me this from an xkcd comic (funny website if you've never been there- it's comics for geeks) because that fish bugs me so much:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...es/fishing.gif

I really hate the fish.
    that's a very confusing pic
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

So in the end how old was the puddle jumper? Had to be 10,000+ years right? They went back in time first time, buried for 5,000 years. Went back a second time and also buried for 5,000 years. Plus the time it spent on King Archon's planet.

Comment

Loved this episode, and the one before it. As I pointed out in another thread, not as much as the three before them, but in a wholly separate sort of way, this was the 'epic one-off that isn't really a one-off but still kind of is' that I'd been longing for.

You know, I remember back when it first came out, reading everyone's confusion about the 'you've got packing to do' line. Watching someone bring it up again made me laugh a little. My girlfriend was asking me about that, too, but mind you, she'd watched 'Avalon, Part I' a mere six hours before the 'Moebius' duology, so she was anticipating more reference to the team heading off in their own directions.

That this was chosen to be illustrated largely off-screen in the... what, month, two months, between 'Moebius' and 'Avalon'? Was a creative decision I don't fully agree with, but the foreshadowing was there. Jack's considering retirement leads to something, the Goa'uld mostly dealt with, as well as the Replicator threat dissolved, leads to something, Teal'c having major Jaffa-related responsibilities leads to something, and SG-1 suddenly doesn't really need the 'standardized' day job routine. It makes sense that post-'Threads', it would happen, but having 'Moebius' in-between is just another reason I loved Season 8.
        If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

go apophis go...I loved it. Actually to have apophis back, my beloved evil villain. thank u.... thought i would never see him again.
          great ep by the way....its a bit different than other finale ep...just mention lost city finale from season 7 but still good. sad, fraiser wasnt there. but its okay...u see her in ripple effect of season 9, thats a gift good eps. thats why i love stargate.
          sigpic

Comment

If you like Apophis, watch Stargate: Continuum next month.

Comment

yay I Pre-ordered that thing long time ago @ daniel jackson...
              sigpic

Comment

Do you like the ending?

Comment

You know, there was a glaring mistake on this. The original O'neill with his pond, that had no fish died in giza. The new O'neill was born and his pond had fish in it. But as far as he always knew, his pond had always had fish in it.
                  The O'neill who knew it didn't died, so surely the new O'neill wouldn't have said anything like that, it'd be normal to him!

Comment

It's a good point, but perhaps he saw the video that they made....

Comment

What happened to the puddle jumper? Is it still out there?
                      For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Originally posted by Ilana View Post
                        It's a good point, but perhaps he saw the video that they made....
                        Yeah, he watched the video from the past where he said his pond had no fish. . .

Time travel episodes make my heart hurt! LOL!
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

As Teal'c would say "INDEED!!!!"

Comment

Did anyone else notice that Daniel call the ship "Jumper"? Despite it being impossible for him to know the Atlantis Team's term for the ship.

Comment

Lol can't believe I didn't notice Daniel say that
                              I'm happy Rodney got to call the ship what he wanted in this timeline
                              Aw I love super geeky Sam & Daniel so much, it upset me they killed geeky Daniel but I guess it was ok cause we still had our Daniel

Comment

Did anyone else love the uprising moment in Egypt? That, to me, is at the very heart of Stargate.
                                sigpic
                                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Working...
                                X