Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post
    their (the team) trip to his cabin.
    Geez, I guess I really read a lot into that!

thanks

Comment

OK, so in the altered future they never found the stargate, which explains why Daniel is different. But why is Sam different? You can explain this with the butterfly theory, but everything else at the SGC is as it should be.

Also, I find time-travel-at-will really hard to believe. It is such a powerful tool, yet so under utilised. Particularly by our enemies. I guess it's too powerful a tool to use indiscriminately. This episode reminded me of the first time I ever saw Back To The Future, and the whole suspenseful issue of "be careful you don't screw up the future!"

It' best to not think too hard about the physics and just enjoy the show!

Comment

This episode also showed a really good interrogation method by the gou'ald on Daniel. Forget about mind reading gizmos, just put a symbiote in their head and all of a person's memories and thoughts are revealed!

Comment

Which is why i am surprised none of the other gou'ald that captured SG1 (or any of the other teams) did that to them...

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            Which is why i am surprised none of the other gou'ald that captured SG1 (or any of the other teams) did that to them...
            That would make for an interesting story arc
            The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

Maybe it's a risky proposition.
              Perhaps putting a symbiote into your enemy is risky for the ruling system lord. Gou'ald are all power hungry individuals, not team players, so the information gathered may be used by the newly implanted symbiote to overthrow the original system lord.

Comment

Good point..

Comment

Originally posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
                  Am I the only one that thinks this episode would have been a nice ending to the series?
                  Indeed.
                  Did you catch the line in 200
                  Spoiler:
                  where Jack says the series could be ended by everyone going fishing? "After that, everything else seems...pointless?"

I guess some of the writers agree with us.

Comment

Originally posted by VastlySuperiorStuff View Post
                    Indeed.
                    Did you catch the line in 200
                    Spoiler:
                    where Jack says the series could be ended by everyone going fishing? "After that, everything else seems...pointless?"

I guess some of the writers agree with us.
                    That would be the writers pointing out what some fans think.....not necessarily what they think. Much of 200, afterall, was pointed at fandom.

Comment

5000 years, and Goa'uld couldnt come up with anything better then a Staff weapon? Whats up with that?
                      We are born capable of greatness... If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:

Comment

Well ,I guess if it still works use it !

Comment

Originally posted by EarthandBeyond View Post
                          5000 years, and Goa'uld couldnt come up with anything better then a Staff weapon? Whats up with that?

How many million of years for the ORI and they had some kind of staff weapons

Comment

I think the staff weapon and whatever it was the Orii had were effective on the mostly pre-industrial civilizations they were conquering....

Comment

Originally posted by Ilana View Post
                              I think the staff weapon and whatever it was the Orii had were effective on the mostly pre-industrial civilizations they were conquering....
                              Like the Jaffa?

Comment

Made this yesterday and this seemed a relevant thread to post it in...

Please don't snatch without permission, thanks.
                                Last edited by elephantgirl; 25 January 2008, 10:05 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X