Moebius, Part 2 (820)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sshspooky

and as far as the fish thing goes, to me it makes sense. Jack says close enough with a little smile on his face. To me he's trying to keep face in front of Sam, Daniel and Teal'c. In Threads he admits the truth as it's plainly obvious. However after watching the tape he thinks to himself "I don't want to seem stupid with no fish in my pond. i can do better then that" so he gets some fish and puts them in his pond, hence the smile and the line. he's kind of proud that he got fish put in his pond.
    And isn't it also a reference to a Simpsons episode (we know how much RDA loves those ) The episode that I'm thinking of is one of the 'Treehouse of Horror' Hallowe'en specials, where for some reason Homer travels back in time after touching a toaster (!). He steps on a bug and changes the future (see Carter's comment in M1). He travels forward and backward in time on several occasions (stepping on bugs each time). Each time, when he returns to the present, things are either slightly or very different from the present he knows. Eventually, he arrives back in what he thinks is his time. Until he sees that the rest of the family eat with lizard/frog like tongues. He just says 'close enough' and stays put. Changes in 'Treehouse of Horror' Simpsons episodes are never regarded as permanent-most of the characters have died at least once. If the changes in the Moebius episodes are designed to be permanent then The fish in Jack's pond, in that case would indicate a slight but not necessarily significant change to the timeline

Moebius pts 1 & 2 have really grown on me over time. I wasn't too keen on either ep when I first watched them, but I like them now. They're just very different from anything else-especially Lost City!
    always and forever
    My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
    My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

I have issues with how this episode (both parts) were actually played out. I LOVE the concept, but it wasnt well produced imo.

Everything seemed so.... humdrumm. Even the battles didnt seem exciting to me at all, and Ra... we saw him ONCE. briefly.

I went to this episode expecting to see SG1 trapped in the past and actually seeing a full scale rebellion played out by them. I wanted to see a HUGE battle worthy of the big screen, there was no sense of urgency or importance to anything they did, frankly the entire show lacked energy. They were plodding along. Moebius could have been outstanding, with a wonderful story about a screwed up timeline and SG1 being the ones who instigated the original uprising... but it wasnt.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Well, I kinda let them go for that, considering what came before it (which probably drained the budget quite a bit).

Comment

Quite enjoyed this ep-- it was finally shown on terrestrial TV in the UK on Sunday afternoon. I'm so sick of C4's back-and-forth attitude with episode order, though! I don't even know if I'm seeing them in the right order (not being as obsessive about SG-1 as with Atlantis)...

Sam/Jack kissing in alternate reality? Heh.

Comment

Nope that was our reality, it was our past. This means its canon!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

the people were from a different reality.
              not that that changes anything!
              sigpic
              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

I don't even know if I'm seeing them in the right order (not being as obsessive about SG-1 as with Atlantis)...
                Simple to find out. Just check the episode guide on this website's homepage.

Albion
                Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
                  Quite enjoyed this ep-- it was finally shown on terrestrial TV in the UK on Sunday afternoon. I'm so sick of C4's back-and-forth attitude with episode order, though! I don't even know if I'm seeing them in the right order (not being as obsessive about SG-1 as with Atlantis)...

Sam/Jack kissing in alternate reality? Heh.
                  As far as I'm aware Channel 4 screened them in the right order. They aren't in the correct order on the DVDs, which I have, so that confuses me sometimes. Does anyone know if channel 4 are showing season 9? It wasn't mentioned at the end of Moebius.

The moebius kiss took place in an alternate time-line rather than reality (that confuses me too! ). I was just delighted to see the sparks fly!
                  always and forever
                  My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                  My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Was anyone else thinking that, even though this was supposed to be (and was successfully in my mind) a fun-and-not-too-serious episode, it was a little disturbing that the first SG-1 that went back got executed and that the first Daniel didn't same terribly shaken up about it? Plus, they all had to live out the rest of their lives there. It just seems like a such a dark, dark scenario to have been glossed over.
                    Theoretically spoilerish:
                    Spoiler:
                    Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Well, it was 5 years later, so I guess that healed ole' Danny's wounds a bit.

Comment

But which sg team was are sg team???? HAHA ya the new one for all we know.
                        sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed both parts of Moebius, and I can't believe how bothered some people have been by this whole fish thing!
                          Anyway, I realise it is best not to look too closely at the plots of any of these time-travel episodes, but there are two questions that puzzle me about this one:
                          1) Usually (in any SF series) there is an obvious reason why the alternate timeline is "wrong" for everybody, such as Earth being destroyed or something, but in this alternate timeline Earth seemed to be safer than in "our" SG1 reality. So why were alt-SG1 so sure the timeline needed putting right? In particular, I was wondering why Jack didn't say on the tape (perhaps in code) - "if I have a son and he is still alive, don't do anything!"

2) A few episodes previously, Sam wouldn't even consider using the time-travelling puddle-jumper to save our galaxy, so why was she so easily persuaded to use it in this one to get a ZPM? The argument that the ZPM could be used to power up Earth's defences one last time AND to save Atlantis didn't make much sense, as they could surely only use it for one or other purpose, but I think I have the answer to this one. There must be somebody on Atlantis that Sam cares about so much she would risk everything to save him?

...And talking of Rodney, I loved it when he said he was glad it wasn't him who had to go through the Stargate!
                          Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

I do not think she has any personal feelings for anybody in atlantis sorry.
                            sigpic

Comment

I was only joking...
                              Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

Funny........ Haha sorry I had an O'Neill moment.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X