Moebius, Part 2 (820)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by generalgater
    This ep is released on DVD in the UK on the 25th July!!! Anybody else buying it?

I'm waiting until the box set comes out and I'll have that the first day they release it!

I like the Felger and Coombs AU rock god thing!

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

Sorry if anyone asked or pointed this out earlier, but when Alternate Jack, Sam, and Teal'c exit the Puddle Jumper in Egypt, did anyone notice that it looked like you could see their breath? I swear that I could see what looked like cold breath coming out of O'Neill's mouth immediately following the line, “We make contact with the locals.”
      And the people shall deliver the wicked unto your divine judgment, for their sins shall be weighed in balance with all that is just and true.

“Someone's gotta speak for the Nobodies... and it might as well be me.” — Kairez Lightkeeper

Comment

Originally posted by KairezLightkeeper
        Sorry if anyone asked or pointed this out earlier, but when Alternate Jack, Sam, and Teal'c exit the Puddle Jumper in Egypt, did anyone notice that it looked like you could see their breath? I swear that I could see what looked like cold breath coming out of O'Neill's mouth immediately following the line, “We make contact with the locals.”
        Wouldn't that be funny? I'm gonna have to bust out the dvd and check it out.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by KairezLightkeeper
          Whoa! Your right! I'm going to have to add this to the goofs page at IMDB!

timdalton007

Comment

Hello, I'm new to this forum but have been lurking for some time. I'm an avid fan and it's interesting to read other fans' opinions on the show.

I have to agree with those who don't care for this episode, though. The time-travel sequence is illogical: if the third SG-1 team watches the tape and decides they don't have to go back in time, how does the tape get made and buried? And what happened to the original and the "geeky" teams? If they remained in ancient egypt (as the storyline implies), they would have significantly altered the timeline.

Although it's a different episode, I have the same issue with 2010 -- if the future team tells the present team not to go to P4C-970 and they never contact the Aschen, then who sends the warning back through the gate?

This is not an issue of alternate realities or parallel existences -- in both eposodes the "alternate" reality interacts with the current reality.

Comment

Originally posted by SG-1 Fan
              Hello, I'm new to this forum but have been lurking for some time. I'm an avid fan and it's interesting to read other fans' opinions on the show.

I have to agree with those who don't care for this episode, though. The time-travel sequence is illogical: if the third SG-1 team watches the tape and decides they don't have to go back in time, how does the tape get made and buried? And what happened to the original and the "geeky" teams? If they remained in ancient egypt (as the storyline implies), they would have significantly altered the timeline.

Although it's a different episode, I have the same issue with 2010 -- if the future team tells the present team not to go to P4C-970 and they never contact the Aschen, then who sends the warning back through the gate?

This is not an issue of alternate realities or parallel existences -- in both eposodes the "alternate" reality interacts with the current reality.
              time travel is the most confusing idea in sci fi aside from quantum physics and so on which all trace back to one thing, time travel tends to go hand in hand with alternate realities and gives the writters a way to change the past that would affect that present timeline anyway and in turn wouldnever have happened, it soooo confusing to think of it and to understand it
              For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

That's the nature of time travel. It's best not to think about it.

And because of that philosophy, I loved these episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by SG-1 Fan

Why though? As long as they don;t procreate and stay out of trouble how casn the prescence of four extra people change anything signfigantly. The reason the first team changed anything was because they treid the revolt thing to early and the stargate was taken away. The second time around everything was preserved as it was so no timeline changes.

In actual fact it is a matter of Alternate realities (or at elast thats on theory of time travel which seems applicable here)

Take 2010, the original time line where they meet the aschen and get sterilised and sed the message back in time.

As soon as that message appears pops out the wormhole Poof, the time line splits. So we have the original and the one where hte message appears.

And we know AUs are possible becuase of the Quantaum mirror episodes.
                  sigpic
                  Banner By JME2

Comment

Not sure if any of you had read this but Peter Deluise gave an interview with GW and here is quite interesting excerpt regarding Moebius:

Originally posted by Peter Deluise
                    So it was better than the alternative. But I always thought the stronger way to go out for the O'Neill character was the fishing. The Simpsons liner on "Moebius." Remember when he said "Close enough?" Do you guys know what I'm referencing there, when he keeps changing the timeline and then the guy has the forked tongue in that episode, and he goes, "Close enough?" because he can't get the timeline right? So he sees the fish in his pond and he says, "Close enough." So there's a wonderful homage to The Simpsons.
                    It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

First of all...loved this episode. But! I'm so, confused. Jack said to Carter "You have packing to do". Um, packing for what?

Comment

Originally posted by Sylouette98
                        First of all...loved this episode. But! I'm so, confused. Jack said to Carter "You have packing to do". Um, packing for what?
                        I thought Jack meant packing for the fishing trip. That's how I took that line anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                          I thought Jack meant packing for the fishing trip. That's how I took that line anyways.
                          No... Her stead on the Prometheus.

Mattathias

Comment

ah who knows maybe it was the fishing trip or maybe it was the stead on Prometheus.

Comment

I think he meant the fishing trip

Comment

The bad thing about this ep, is it seems to really be the first one where they just flat skip showing an entire part of the show and get away with it. Something they are using with more and more frequency. But at least in this ep you have a sense of HOW they can do it (overthrow Ra and capture the gate)... it just would have been nice to see it.

Back in LAST STAND they got away with it too but gave a little more detail with the marching boot sounds.... One assumes the seal is broken and all the jaffa fall dead, so not too much to see, so I was ok with that ep. But here you just assume they are going to lead a rebellion and capture the gate. Later eps of both Atlantis and SG-1 people are just magically getting out of situations, with little hint of how they can or did do it.

Its like give an inch and take a mile kind of thing going on. They got away with it in Mobieus and people still think it was a decent ep, so then do more of the same thing a little at a time, no one will notice.

I did like this ep though, even though I am not a shipper and I was a bit mift with Real Daniels lack of reaction to seeing his dead friends....seemed odd. But overall the ep was fine. I am now thinking though that these events had a bigger impact on the SG-1 Universe then I had thought. Apparently it was not quite "close enough".
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X