No announcement yet.

Moebius, Part 2 (820)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone notice that whilst SG-1 are looking at the message at the end of part 2, Jack has a doughnut by his side, I think it was designed to tie into this (the original scripted video scene). Pitty they cut it out, it would have been great!

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler
      Anyone notice that whilst SG-1 are looking at the message at the end of part 2, Jack has a doughnut by his side, I think it was designed to tie into this (the original scripted video scene). Pitty they cut it out, it would have been great!
      ROTFL! Yup, that would've been great!
      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
        Generally women in their late 30s/early 40s do not wonder if they will ever get a boyfriend. Well they may wonder, but generally they do not articulate this wonder.

<shrugs> Maybe alt timeline women are more articulate about their insecurities....

Sam's tic-like movement annoyed me in Pt 1, in Pt 2 I was almost jumping at the TV trying to slap it out of her.
        The tics were somewhat irritating, but I thought, AT was a bit inconsistant. I'd have expected such an insecure person to react a little more hysterically to the point blank shotting of her "boyfriend" by an alien - at least as much as she did when Jack hit on her. And MC, I am surprised that you aren't jumping all over the fact that nerdy, "I don't like guns," Carter was holding her handgun like a seasoned user.

And what was all that "you're so hot" "I fancy Daniel" - "to heck with it let's snog anyway"? That Sam might have been a desperate clingy nerd but that Jack was still a Colonel in the AirForce. That was the single most unprofessional thing I have seen him do since he didn't wear a h*t in The Ep Which Must Not Be Named.
        Well, that I rationalize away with a wave my magic AU wand, and the fact that, on the way to the puddle jum... ahem... Gateship Sam tells Jack that they've got to spend the rest of their lives in the past and she wonders whether or not her alternate self has a boyfriend. Jack saw his opportunity, and embraced retirement again.
        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

It doesn't stand up well to a second watching. First time around I found it tp be pretty pacy, and I was so enjoying Apophis' return, so the suspension of disbelief was nice and easy. Second time around I couldn't ignore all the plotholes.

I think it was a mistake to end it with implications that this was not the same (ie) 'real' SG-1 that we'd been with for the last eight years. Did they *have* to bring the loop to a close before a previously shown event?I can still watch it so that with a large dose of Projection and some vigorous Fanwanking it *is* still our SG-1, but I rather resent the fact that I have to do that at all.

Alt Daniel was good for as long as he lasted. Alt Sam was well acted but irritating. Alt Jack was a total eejit. Snogging on the job is one thing, but snogging in the middle of an actual military maneouvre? Total eejit. Alt Teal'c was fantastic though. I think his part wasn't very well written (his defection was written even more rushed and unlikely than in CotG) but CJ's acting was really top notch and made Alt Teal'c very believable.

Other than Teal'c though there wasn't anything about this ep that was as good the second time as the first. The s1, s4 and s7 finales keep their gloss after many many viewings :s

Madeleine

Comment

yeh i really agree, it was an interesting idea too rushed, they shoulda done a 3 parter and i really wish theyd have put some emotion into part 2, especcially with kawalsky!
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by WormholeAlien
              The next station is Mornington Cresent. Alight here for stargate to Abydos!
              Except for Bank Holidays, when the station is closed.

Comment

Originally posted by TheObiJuan

I had to pause the show when I saw jack making the implication that MS was gay. LOL

http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_icons/icon14.gif[/img]
                I assume you mean that Jack was making the implication that Daniel was gay?

Ali P

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                  It doesn't stand up well to a second watching....

Other than Teal'c though there wasn't anything about this ep that was as good the second time as the first.
                  Well darn. I was hoping if I watched it again, that maybe it would be better.
                  sigpic

Comment

Naaaah. Watch Exodus or Serpent's lair again instead.

Madeleine

Comment

yeah Daniel. MS is hopefully not gay.
                      Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
                      Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

i was pissin myself wen they where talkin bout that!
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Finally got to see Moebius I & II after being spoiled rotten for the episode.

Actually it was a lot more fun than I'd expected although there were plenty of things that still made me go - huh? A lot of it just seemed like the writers wanted to end the series with a fun time-travel episode and they just found an excuse to do one. The characters seemed to throw all good sense out the window at times but I just decided to sit back and enjoy the ride.

The fact that it was still fun to watch was due in large part to the work of the regular actors. AT and MS as geeky Sam and Daniel were great. They seemed like they were having a ball in their scenes together and it showed on-screen. I didn't even think the wig was that bad after I had a few scenes to get used to it. Have no idea why Sam ended up with so little self-esteem, facial tics and bad eyesite but what the heck. There were some very cute scenes as the geeky ones bonded, went to visit fisherman Jack, etc. RDA also looked like he was having fun in this one and seemed a lot more energized playing AUJack as well as RealJack. He certainly looked great - loved the "I'm King of The World" moment when he took off on his boat. Teal'c didn't have much to do but when he did - CJ was his usual magnificent self.

My main problem with the episode - other than some of the plot contrivances - was that the pacing was erratic and it just felt a little flat at moments when it should have been more dramatic. Seeing the ancient Egyptians come over the dunes at the end should have been a wonderful dramatic throwback to the movie and it just didn't quite get there.

There also just seemed to be things thrown in for fandom that left me wondering if the writers were trying to throw all the different factions a bone or trying to yank their chains. I really couldn't tell. Some of it was fun and some of it left me scratching my head. I thought the whole thing with geeky Sam and Jack getting jiggy in the PJ was kind of silly but I've finally decided they were just playing it for laughs.

At the end I was left thinking original Daniel and the AU versions of Sam, Jack and Teal'c lived out their lives in Ancient Egypt. SG-1 at the cabin (with the fish!) are still our team for all intents and purposes but they're not the versions of the gang we've been watching for 8 years and there could be other subtle differences in the timeline. Maybe I'll read back thru this thread and convince myself otherwise. I hope so cause that makes me kind of sad.

So Moebius had some fun moments. But it just left me feeling like I wanted Filet Mignon and had to settle for a really good hamburger. I think it will be one I rewatch just because there was some really cute stuff. Just a few too many WTF? moments to call it a homerun.

ETA: I agree with others that I might have appreciated Moebius a lot more if it hadn't been the season finale and possibly Jack's last episode with SG-1. Reckoning II stands as the best episode of the season, imo.
                          Last edited by keshou; 26 February 2005, 04:53 PM.
                          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                            <shrugs> And MC, I am surprised that you aren't jumping all over the fact that nerdy, "I don't like guns," Carter was holding her handgun like a seasoned user.
                            oh man.... don't get me started on the weapons. (although I did love the way AU Daniel was very useless with with the handgun, just like... ah, which one was it? Into the fire?

I'd rather pretend that Moebius was just a nightmare I had that a tv programme I really liked had gone down the toilet.

I'm going to wake up soon, it will be Tuesday, and it will be just time for S8 of Stargate to start. And it is going to be good, rather than the pile of doggy doo doo I just sat through. And recorded.

Oh poop.

I'm going down the pub.

(little voice from upstairs) "Don't go down the pub again, mummy"
                            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Not sure I liked it as a season finale (and potentially the last time we see Jack O'Neill).

Some thoughts:
                              - sense of predestination in terms of the Stargate ultimately being found and the four individuals becoming involved.
                              - the final timeline is the real timeline and the one we have always known (except for the slight alteration to the end of Threads fishing scene). Our timeline is created by prior events.
                              - Jack and Sam are a couple in all timelines/universes
                              - the Sam/Jack/Teal'c/Daniel in the alternate timelines are still essentially the same people despite not quite taking the right path. Sam especially grows as the episode continues.
                              - finding the Stargate at Giza is the pivotal event which creates the team we know, so Ra taking it does not really change anything up to the 1920's.
                              - the kissing between AU Jack and AU Sam is gratuitous as it is not really our team and timeline. It looks like a quick fumble in the back seat of a PJ.
                              - very little understanding as to why Sam did not join the Airforce. In the 'real' timeline, she joined, in part, because of her father. The Gate at Giza has nothing to do with her or Jacob, so she should still have been in the Airforce or possibly at NASA
                              - despite the endings of Threads and Moebius, there has been little resolution of the Sam/Jack storyline. We are led to believe that they have somehow reached a new understanding - but what is it? His packing comment suggests more than just 'fishing' (with Daniel and Teal'c arriving after Sam and Jack) as does her look of almost aprehension.

Comment

[QUOTE=Agent_Dark
                                With the AU Carter admitting she like Daniel, [/QUOTE]

Actually, she didn't. What she admitted, two minutes later after jumping Jack, was that she lied.

J.
                                "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Working...
                                X