Moebius, Part 2 (820)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IndianaJones00
    From what I understand, episodes of SG-1 and Atlantis are ment to be viewed one after the other so you would watch Episode 15 of SG-1 and the Episode 15 of Atlantis so at the end of Episode 20 of SG-1 with the timeline restored they now have a ZPM and straight after that in Episode 20 of Atlantis 'a team arrives from the SGC saying they have a ZPM which was found in Egypt'

For some reason in the UK Atlantis is a few episodes behind SG-1 so they no longer sync up, the message sent from Atlantis to SGC in Episode 17 should have been recieved between episodes 17 and 18 of SG-1 but because of the way Sky are showing SG-1 it looks like it was recieved between episode 19 and 20 but infact it wasent.
    That isn't right though, Sky had it right initially, because Atlantis doesn't start until New Order has finished. Because Weir doesn't leave until New Order part 2 after promoting Jack.

Comment

now this was far better than part 1, the action and the whole thing was great. loved apophis and the shot of the PJ/TS going through the egyptain gate was amazing damn and kawolsky back again.

the intertaction between carter and oneill was great, oneill saying he through daniel was gay....lol...brilliant episode!
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Its because threads took up a whole fday, so Atlantis is 1 ep behind. But its ok.

I also should say that THE END SG1 ARE THE REAL SG1 !!

The past overwritten itself.
        Rebellion-ZPM found-Fishing
        HE had A fish in his pond. *No Fish* and *1 fish* is "Close enough". If you have 1 fish in a big pond lake, you may aswell have no fish. He may have not even known there was one fish in there. I mightve been hiding. I rarely see my own fish in my pond.

TPTB wouldnt replace them all with AU sg1 and completly **** up everything.

Take it at fae value. They sorted out the past for the better. They got ZPM and Present was the same (bar ZPM).

OK ????
        The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father

Comment

Well, it only makes sense I'll post my first post here about the episode hat was supposed to be the end of the show.. so here goes.

Moebius, both parts, was a good episode. A very good episode and I really liked it.
          But... It might have been the noise all around, the fact I had to simoultanously watch and explain things to a friend that didn't watch Stargate since... season 5 methinks, that I read more spoilers than I wanted to and that I had such high expectations for this episode... but I felt a bit disappointed.

The pace was way too rushed. It should have been a three parter - or at least, part 2 should have been 60 minutes (although that would have meant Threads wouldn't have been and then I would have been complaining about Threads...). Why couldn't they have dropped one of the non-arced episodes, like Icon, and make this a three parter? It had the same problem Fallen had, too much they wanted to tell in not enough time. The scenes seemed to follow each other with no real depth into them... The idea was very very good, the scenes from CotG and the movie were really to the point... but they didn't connect well, and too much was missing. I also don't get the pacing of the scenes... I mean, yeah, a lot of people want to see the Jack and Sam things, just like I want to see other things... but it feels like it came instead of the actual plot, like the Puddle Jumper scene. I didn't mind it in Threads because that episode had enough time so that the plotline I felt was more cental to the show, Daniel, Oma, Anubis etc. wasn't hurt. Here the episode suffered from the amount of time that was dedicated to the Jack and Sam bits... meh.

Also, I tend to feel Atlantis' budget is way bigger than SG-1's. I really like Atlantis, especially the second part of the season that was really good, but SG-1 I love, and while I don't mind not seeing big explosions too often and care more about the more character-driven episodes than the action-driven ones, this episode demanded SFX. I suspect that's the reason we didn't get to see the rebellion agaisnt Ra - I mean, they went all the way of doing it, returning to the movie, hell, even remaking the last scene - but with the PJ and half a dozen Jaffa?... It's like the climax of the movie would have been the Naquadah mine scene. If they only would have completely remade the scene - the angry Egyptians shouting and rebelling near Ra's pyramide, it would have looked much much better.

Apart from these two (main) problems, the episode was really cool Daniel's death was too rushed, I really wanted to see more evil Goa'uld Daniel, but I really liked the return to Teal'c's "meaningful" looks from CotG. Also the happiness in which he told the Jaffa are free!... and that reality's Teal'C's reaction, he almost cried... hehe. The entire idea of the episode was brilliant - it would have made a proper show ending, now I'm only sceptic about what would end up being the real ending of the show, it feels like the ultimate series finale! Two out of the show's mythology's uber-bad-guys in one episode, how amusing - oy, and Apophis' dress! *shudder* that's one Goa'uld that never had a dress-sense. Carter telling O'Neill she likes Daniel, that was gold!

Oh, right, another thing it's a shame they didn't show - Daniel and Jack were too much "our" Daniel and Jack rather than the movie's. I really hoped MS would return to the seasons 1-2 James Spader bits - but he only had one true Spader moment, the "You're kidding" bit in part 1. Jack also, started a bit Kurt Russelish but soon returned to be a lot more "our" Jack - a shame, it could have served as a great insight to how he was before the Stargate mission. Carter lost her geekiness real fast in part 2, a shame, I was really enjoyng it. Kowalsky dead again... McKay was pure gold, I so love this character. Gate-ship indeed! I would have liked more time in concentrating on Daniel who spent 5 years in Egypt... again, I blame the rushed-pace of the episode. It's a shame, though, because he isn't a secondery character, never was, and in the movie and CotG he's got one of two main story lines. Returning to that would have been more appropriate...

As for the AU questions.. I'd like to think of the team we saw in the beginning of part 1 as an AU team, our team only in the end of part 2. Technically they can't be the original team because they lived 2 weeks that didn't exist in our time - and perhaps it's an honest mistake from the production, but Ballinsky was wearing SG-22 uniforms instead of SG-13 in the beginning... Could be a small change. That Thread happened I have no doubt, because Teal'C speaks of the Jaffa being free on the tape, and our Teal'C has no problem with that, so it must have happened - and as for the fish...well...
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

At the beginning of Part 1 Daniel said "there was an expedition in egypt and they found *blah blah*"

At the end of Moebius, it is set just as that dig finished, and they found a ZPM. Right at the end of the Threads day.
            The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father

Comment

Does anybody else think that the way everything worked out in the end was just a bit too lucky?
              and why did Jack look surprised when he saw a fish in his pond, even if the timeline was changed it's still his pond and he should know if there were fish in there or not. i can understand sam's surprise, but still...
              and in the alternate future, if kinsey was president, why would he authorize the mission? isn't he a ******* who hates everybody who could potentially cost him the presidency?
              Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
              Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
              Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
              Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

Comment

Well I just saw Moebius Part 2 & was very disappointed. If I got this right the ORIGINAL SG1 Team except for Daniel Jackson Died. The second SG1 team from the past are the ones that survived which was kind of disappointing because that meant that O'Neal & Carter(the originals)never got to make something of their relationship that I assumed was going to happen. Remember at the end of part 2 Carter tells O'Neil " according to the tape I thought there were no fish in your pond". I take this as meaning the timeline was never really restored and that the 2nd team returned from the past with as far as I'm concerned major changes. The only exception being that Daniel Jackson was the only original member of the original SG1 team to return. How strange this must be for him knowing that the current SG team are not the same. Now this might be trivial but to me it makes BIG difference. Boy did the writers really screw this one up.

Thanks

Comment

no, the timeline was changed back (sort of) to the way it was.

they found the ZPM and the tape a day before they were to leave, so they didn't have to go back in time.

Comment

The alternate O'Neill, Teal'c and Carter never returned to the present, they stayed in the past as once they took the stargate with the puddle jumper they destroyed it, at least that is what Carter said they were going to do so they all spent the rest of their lifes living in ancient egypt but because they changed the future yet again a new timeline unfolded in which everything was the same as the original but because they had hid the video camera and ZPM the new original SG-1 never had to go on the mission.

All very confusing I know but it does make sense depending on which time travel theory you go with.

Comment

Originally posted by Keffler
                      Being on Chulak, convincing Tealc he worships false gods
                      Erm... They knew that the AT Teal'C probably didn't worship Apophis at all (just like the original one), but had no way to overthow the Goa'uld. They needed to show him a way of doing it and the tape was some kind of proof that it can be done.
                      Originally posted by Keffler
                      death of Kawalski
                      I feel sorry for him. Could survive and live a quite life in Ancient Egypt with the mixed SG-1. Wouldn't hurt anyone, would it?

Comment

i wonder if ra was still alive and in power in that Timeline!
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by scsscs
                          I liked this episode, but there was one thing that bugged me. Does anyone else think the idea of implanting a symbiote into a prisoner to gain information is an idea that should have been used before in the show? I mean, why spend days/months/etc. torturing someone when you can just implant them. For example, in season six's Abyss, Baal could have just implanted Jack to learn what he knew and saved himself some time. I guess torture just makes for better TV.
                          Maybe Baal simply liked to torture people? Or he wanted to show off his cool gravity gadgets...
                          More seriously - the knowledge he seek has been buried deep in O'Neill's mind. Who knows how hard it is for a Goa'uld to get to such memories? Torture could be more efficient.
                          As for the extracting knowledge by planting a Goa'uld into someone Hathor did it. So Baal could use it, but did not and Hathor used it. Who else had the opportunity? Remember - (s)he would have to have a mature symbiont handy.

Comment

Originally posted by hermajesty
                            According to my interpretation, 5000 years ago a Daniel, and an alternate Jack, Sam and Teal'c sparked a rebellion. Then they buried the stargate, and buried a video tape and ZPM. But then what? They still have the 'gate ship', so why would they stay in Egypt for their whole lives? They could go anywhere. They could go to the future to check it turned out right, and meet the team we saw at the very end of Moebius fishing. Or they could go to any other time at all. So much fanfic potential...
                            If AT Sam had it her way they blew up the timeship. Or rather both of them, if Daniel still knows where they parked the firs one...

Comment

Originally posted by mathwizard
                              Further thinking about it, it SEEMS that time travel in Stargate works in one universe. The time line if messed with, get changed but not by branching out different parallel universes, but by totalling erasing the old time line and replacing it with a new one. Otherwise why would SG-1 bother to do what they did in "2010" if their world is still going to be under Aschen control and what they did is just helping to branch off another alternate universe?
                              The question is - why not? They are doomed, so let's go and save the 'other' Earth. In "There But For the Grace of God" the AU SGC does the same - saves some other Earth knowing that they are going to die. Luckily for the viewers it's "our" Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaJones00
                                The alternate O'Neill, Teal'c and Carter never returned to the present, they stayed in the past as once they took the stargate with the puddle jumper they destroyed it, at least that is what Carter said they were going to do so they all spent the rest of their lifes living in ancient egypt but because they changed the future yet again a new timeline unfolded in which everything was the same as the original but because they had hid the video camera and ZPM the new original SG-1 never had to go on the mission.

All very confusing I know but it does make sense depending on which time travel theory you go with.
                                Yah took the words right out of my mouth. But you forgot about the fish
                                Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Working...
                                X