• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whistler
    Actually, noting the badge he had on, he was from SG-22
    Didn't notice that, but he was on SG13 in Heroes

Comment

Just thinking about when Hammond said President Kinsey was not amused when learning that Henry Hayes was president in the "real" timeline... That was funny, but wouldn't it have been even funnier if he'd said Bush instead of Kinsey? Oh, the implications...
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
        Just thinking about when Hammond said President Kinsey was not amused when learning that Henry Hayes was president in the "real" timeline... That was funny, but wouldn't it have been even funnier if he'd said Bush instead of Kinsey? Oh, the implications...
        Now that would have been cool.

-IMF
        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
          Now that would have been cool.

-IMF
          Or even Bartlet
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by langdonboom
            Here's a spoilery question -- did anyone notice an Ernest in the funeral scene? I know the actor who played him is dead now, but I wonder if they put someone in the bg to be him even somewhat. Otherwise, I guess Ernest himself died and nobody told the SGC!
            He could be sick and unable to attend. I'd say he is lucky to live as long as he did considering the years he spent alone on this 4-race-planet from 'The Torment of Tantalus'.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
              Spoiler:
              Being a better fighter won't necessarily mean you live longer. The good fighters will tend to be the ones in the firing line. Sure, in a fight your typical Marine would beat li'l ol' teacher me nine ways from Wednesday, but his chances of dying by violence are much higher than mine.
              Spoiler:
              And Daniel knew a lot more about living in ancient-egyptian-like surroundings than anyone else from SG-1, Teal'c included.

Comment

I'm suprised nobody mentioned this before! How the hell did they dial the gate anyways?!?!? Did they have a DHD handy?! If Ra took the gate why would he leave one? Unless the DHD in the PJ works too I dont see how. Wasnt the Anarctica gate without a power source?! Huh? Is this a major boo boo or am I missing something?

It was an okay episode. From the spoilers gateworld had I wouldve thought it wouldve been more, big, if you get what I'm saying.

I cant wait until next week!
                "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

The jumper's DHD has now been proved to activate stargates over a very, very, very large distance.

Now. How did they get power to the gate?

They were the ancients...

I'm sure they had a way of wirelessly transmitting power from the jumper to the gate. I mean, just 100 years ago, the notion that we could transmit 100mbps with little 802.11g network cards would have been rediculous. Now. Add 25 million years.....

of course, if you want to be lame and think that the DHD gave it it's power, because we know that the antarctic DHD is good for a few more dialings, go ahead.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by joasia
                    He could be sick and unable to attend. I'd say he is lucky to live as long as he did considering the years he spent alone on this 4-race-planet from 'The Torment of Tantalus'.
                    it was probably like cassandra in heroes

in reality the actor who played earnest passed away last year, so it just wasn't possible.

a mention would have been nice though
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                      - In 'Threads', Sam and Jacob both made the mistake of saying it's been four years since Jacob's blending with Selmak when it has in fact been six years since it happened in season two. This lead to some speculations among fans that the series is not taking place in real time, but that those six seasons were actually four years in SG-1 time. This episode proves the theory false - it is said that the events in the original movie took place nine years ago. And as we know, those events happened about a year before 'Children of the Gods' in the established SG-1 canon. One season still equals one year, and the comments last week about Jacob's blending remain a mistake.
                      I beleive what they spoke of wasn't the blending with Selmak, but when Jacob/Selmak were the prisoner of Sokar in Jolinar's Memories. He was in bad shape after being tortured and was on the brink of death.

Now that episode was in the middle of season 3 which still makes it 5 years.

So either someone didn't do the right research or someone can't do basic math.
                      If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Comment

Meh, I'm still skeptic. Do the symbols even match? Gah, screw it, no point in thinking too hard. PJ DHDs can activate all gates then.
                        "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Without having read any spoilers for Pt 2 I'm going to guess that Moebius will end with one of those predestination paradoxes: SG-1 will be the cause of the uprising against Ra.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoBoY
                            Meh, I'm still skeptic. Do the symbols even match? Gah, screw it, no point in thinking too hard. PJ DHDs can activate all gates then.
                            The jumper found in the milky way has a milky way DHD.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dotus5
                              I beleive what they spoke of wasn't the blending with Selmak, but when Jacob/Selmak were the prisoner of Sokar in Jolinar's Memories. He was in bad shape after being tortured and was on the brink of death.

Now that episode was in the middle of season 3 which still makes it 5 years.

So either someone didn't do the right research or someone can't do basic math.
                              Well, they are the writers and like you said, basic math, so its lilely they work out 1 season is 1 year, but make it 4 years because that is how long its been, sg-1 has been in quite a few time lapses, like in WoW which was quite a few months, and lots of other little things, but 4 years probably isent wrong, when they kill Ra the years will be rounded off, and when Selmak should have died wont have been exactly 4 years ago, so its also rounded off. So altogether, its probably not as wrong as you all say.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Originally posted by Replicarter
                                Well, they are the writers and like you said, basic math, so its lilely they work out 1 season is 1 year, but make it 4 years because that is how long its been, sg-1 has been in quite a few time lapses, like in WoW which was quite a few months, and lots of other little things, but 4 years probably isent wrong, when they kill Ra the years will be rounded off, and when Selmak should have died wont have been exactly 4 years ago, so its also rounded off. So altogether, its probably not as wrong as you all say.
                                But WoO would have given Jacob an extra several months.
                                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Working...
                                X