No announcement yet.

Moebius, Part 1 (819)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, nice board you got here I should have checked up Stargate on the Internet earlier!

Moebius part one is an awesome episode. I suppose everything has been said about it until now, but there's one thing: I love the scene where the alternative Sam takes off her lifejacket. That's just adorable. Makes me want to go to a Stargate convention and ask her if she can repeat that scene for me. I'll bring the lifejacket.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelso
      Since Young Hammond did not meet future SG-1 and learn that he was destined to become a General, perhaps he did not pursue his career as aggressively and along the way never met Jacob Carter.
      Or maybe Jacob, having not met up with Hammond, was killed in action early on in Sam's life, leaving her an orphan raised by a system not sympathetic to girl empowerment.

AU Sam may have needed glasses because a simply corrected eye condition wasn't treated early on. In the States, even basic medical care is extremely costly. If she'd been orphaned she likely wouldn't have gotten military medical coverage. I imagine there is a plan in place for military's families?

As for lemon chicken... who knows? Perhaps Doc Frasier would have invented the cure for allergies if she wasn't so wrapped up with the SGC
      I always saw Rodney's supposed lemon allergy as an attempt to get attention. He's probably gonna grow out of that crutch now that he faces death on a weekly basis. AU Mackay is a self-assured jerk who doesn't need to be allergic to anything - although I was kinda hoping he would suddenly develop a fatal reaction to lemon.... (BTW, I love the MacKay character. He plays jerk well. )
      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Theyve been using DV Cams for awhile now.
        Digital Video has quite a long life expectancy. And when placed in a Gould Jar then it would last forever.

It was obviously a gould jar otherwise they wouldnt have bothered.
        The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father

Comment

I'm of mixed feelings about the episode. Overall it was enjoyable and I laughed so hard I got stomach cramps at the McKay bit. It just seemed so rushed, like they're trying to cram way too much information into a short amount of time. That's the good thing about 2-parters though. There's still more room to tie things up. Although I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't do some classic sci-fi cop out and end up with the AU SG-1 from now on.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Well we will find out very soon but I found the episode a little slow but Mckay and Sam made it up for me.
            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I really liked "Moebius, Part I." I thought the Alternate Timeline versions of the characters were interesting variations--and I loved Amanda Tapping. Her goofy, nerd version of the alternate timeline Carter was a hoot in handbasket. The nervous fidgeting, the facial gestures--it was all dead on. And I liked that Sam's genius was subverted by her insecurity (well, I didn't like it, but I thought it was accurate), and that Daniel's brilliance was side-tracked into community program ESL classes (Loved Carlos!). I live in academia in RL: real, brilliant Ph.Ds getted shunted into dead end jobs like that all the time. As for the rest, I thought alternate timeline Jack was believably cynical. And it was great fun to see Hammond, Davis, and McKay again!

The McKay scenes were great! Apparently, he's obnoxious in any timeline!

I agree that the pacing seemed off. Very speedy, then slow. Perhaps the beginning seemed rushed because there was no break between Our SG-1 in 3000 BCE Egypt and the alternate timeline--no fade, just there's Carter fuming at an empty chair. Naturally, once we're in the alternate timeline, we have to stay there until the AT people fix the problem--at least that's what I'm anticipating for Part II.

Oh! and Amanda Tapping looked sweetly and obviously pregnant--and just beautiful! Pregnancy agrees with her!

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by Fox McCloud
                Theyve been using DV Cams for awhile now.
                Digital Video has quite a long life expectancy. And when placed in a Gould Jar then it would last forever.
                It was obviously a gould jar otherwise they wouldnt have bothered.
                OK, let's assume it was a Goa'uld Jar.
                I'd say that the tablet AT Daniel has translated has been written by SG-1 Daniel, right? So why did he bother to write a tablet in ancient egyptian hieroglyphs but did not put a written note in plain modern English into the jar with the camera adding such trivia like the coordinates of the 2nd gate...?
                The only reason I can think of is that with such note Airforce would have absolutely no need of AT Sam, Daniel & Jack... So I will just assume that the note has been written and put into another jar which unfortunately got destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by joasia
                  I'd say that the tablet AT Daniel has translated has been written by SG-1 Daniel, right? So why did he bother to write a tablet in ancient egyptian hieroglyphs but did not put a written note in plain modern English into the jar with the camera adding such trivia like the coordinates of the 2nd gate...?
                  The only reason I can think of is that with such note Airforce would have absolutely no need of AT Sam, Daniel & Jack... So I will just assume that the note has been written and put into another jar which unfortunately got destroyed.
                  My speculation on this is that the canopic jar was sealed and hidden away pretty much the same day SG-1 figured they'd be staying in that time period awhile.

Also, in "our" timeline Ra left the Gate in Egypt when he left Earth; the natives buried and sealed it. SG-1's arrival in 3000BC must have changed that, which is further proof that Daniel must have chiseled the tablet, perhaps five or more years after they had sealed up the jar. As to the Antarctic co-ordinates, he may not have remembered them in any language.
                  Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                  "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                  One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                  resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                  confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                  A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                  The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

I just watched this again. Amanda is great playing that nerdy hot libarian I just noticed how funny she looks when she makes that beaver teeth thing

like so

got to watch it again..

Comment

Originally posted by joasia
                      If he wrote a note in plain English, anyone could have read it. He wrote it in a way that only Daniel could translate, so he could be sure they got involved.

And to all the people saying they don't see why so many things are different:
                      Sg1 were stranded in Ancient Egypt for probably a furthur 30+ years after we left them. They were bound to change some things in that time.
                      I mean, what if Danny got a bit overenthusiatic about seeing history being made and accidentally messed something up?
                      What if Jack decided he really had to change something and so killed a guard?
                      What if Teal'c was spotted by one of Ra's guards? Especially with the mark of Apophis on his forehead. In mythology, Ra and Apophis were enemies. They could think he's a spy.

And some things may have just been coincidental, and completely unrelated to what Sg1 did. Like maybe Major Davis woke up one morning and thought 'Hmmm... Maybe I'll grow a moustache!'. In our current timeline he decided against it, but in the alternate one he thought it would make him look cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                        My speculation on this is that the canopic jar was sealed and hidden away pretty much the same day SG-1 figured they'd be staying in that time period awhile.

Also, in "our" timeline Ra left the Gate in Egypt when he left Earth; the natives buried and sealed it. SG-1's arrival in 3000BC must have changed that, which is further proof that Daniel must have chiseled the tablet, perhaps five or more years after they had sealed up the jar. As to the Antarctic co-ordinates, he may not have remembered them in any language.

The rebellion happened when he was away, so he just didnt think it was worth it to fly all the way back, I believe, if Ra was there, I think he would have stopped it.
                        FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                          As to the Antarctic co-ordinates, he may not have remembered them in any language.
                          I had in mind something like "about 50 miles from McMurdo" but... Who could guarantee that the base will be in the same place in alternate timeline? Or that it will be there at all? So no coordinates...

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                            I'm of mixed feelings about the episode. Overall it was enjoyable and I laughed so hard I got stomach cramps at the McKay bit. It just seemed so rushed, like they're trying to cram way too much information into a short amount of time. That's the good thing about 2-parters though. There's still more room to tie things up. Although I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't do some classic sci-fi cop out and end up with the AU SG-1 from now on.
                            I too have mixed feelings. I enjoyed it for the fun of it, but Part II will decide for me whether it is a GREAT episode.

Given the Season 9 spoilers for
                            Spoiler:
                            Ben Browder's
                            character, there is no way the AU SG-1 could be the one left. Of course in sci-fi, I'm not taking any bets on that.

Token ~

Comment

I have a question...

How much Tretonin did Teal'c bring with him?

If they were planning on a short stay in the past...

Teal'c may be in deep doo-doo if he runs out.

I don't think the local Goa'uld pharmacy will have tretonin on hand...

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

it wasnt as impressive as i thought it would be, not enough time in egypt or enough seen. they coulda at least had a little sneaky with tealc in the temple.

The AU carter pissed me off but the Danny was so funny, but i have to say, i wasnt really pleased, nowhere near as good as id have hoped!
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                                X