No announcement yet.

Citizen Joe (815)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is exactly why I love SG-1 so much. The stories are so intense and action packed, however, the pieces of comedy stuck in here or there only adds to the humanity of it.
    Jack: I thought I told you I retired.
    Hammond: Oh... I thought you said you were "tired"
    Jack: Well... as a matter of fact... I am a little... tired.
    Hammond: There's no time for that now! You have a mission to lead!
    Jack: RIIIIIIGHT!

Comment

i agree
      sigpic

Comment

Even though it is a clip eppy, it is one of the best.
        sigpic

Comment

That Wormhole X-treme was weird...again. Joe was stupid:''DANIEL'S ALIVE!!!!! He should have known that he survived as he saw Daniel ascending!
          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Joe went nuts during season eight episodes.
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I just watched this ep and I have to say this was the first clip-episode I really enjoyed (except for the ending of Disclosure.. but that part had no clip). It was just so crazy that it was cool.
              Joe seemed kinda like a mixture of Gollum and a hardcore-fan Even crazier than Marty^^
              Best part was Jack admitting that he has seen lots of Joe's life and found it relaxing XDDD
              (beside the "your feelings for.." *Sam walks in* )
              sigpic

Comment

My favorite clip ep so far. Loved the ending where O'Neill went to see Joe's wife. I wonder if he prevented a divorce by doing so?
                sigpic

Comment

I love this episode. It pokes fun at itself, at all those persistent authors who get nothing but rejection slips (Jack's face is wonderful for that). Funny stuff.
                  Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

im not even sure what it was about this episode that made it so enjoyable to watch. it was like i was reliving all the joys i felt while i was watching the entire sg-1 series again for the first time but through the eyes of another. the story of joe's affliction was also enticing to watch. i also feel a little guilty here but i actually felt the same way joe did when dj "died" (except without the throwing my hands in the air and screaming at the top of my lungs). the concept of this episode seems so simple that at the beginning i never thought that it would end up being so enjoyable to watch. at first i thought to myself, "oh great, another flashback episode", but to my surprise it was actually the first flashback episode that i thoroughly enjoyed. dan castellaneta was phenomenal as joe and i was quite moved by his performance. i laughed, i cried, i cheered, it was amazing. this is one of the few examples where an episode comes together so well. the only thing else i can say is that this episode was pure genius.

Comment

This episode is always enjoyable, no matter how often I watch.
                      Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Thought this was an average episode.

This was a well done clip show. I think this one and Disclosure (and maybe Inauguration) are episodes where it's plots can only be done in a clip show format.

That wig on Seasons 1-3 Daniel, looks absolutely ridiculous. I think it was because the hair looked too flat on that wig.

Tomorrow, the day of Reckoning begins. As well as the awesome ending to the 8th season and the Original storyline.
                        sigpic

Comment

This is my favourite clip episode after 'Inauguration'.

Poor old Joe's life slowly unravelling as he obsesses about the unfolding of events through Jack's eyes.

It's weird to rewatch this episode now after how the use of the stones were devleoped in season 9 of SG-1 and SGU. Given how consciousness was swapped between two communication stone users Jack and Joe just watching in the background just seems odd now. This was clearly a case of developing the idea of these stones introduced here, ignoring the just looking in on a person's experiences to using the stones to swap bodies completely.

It was a fun story anyway and I think just popping in and sharing a person's experiences was better than ending up completely in their body and using it to do, well...(see SGU for that!) I try and ignore that aspect of communication stone use.

Comment

My LiveJournal post

I enjoyed writing that almost as much as I enjoyed watching this ep.
                            Well, at one point I did imagine Joe seeing this episode in his visions and got an 'infinite loop headache' almost as bad as my 'time travel paradox headaches'..
                            "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                            "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                            "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                            "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                            >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I have to admit that I seen every episode of SG1 except this one (seen some of it got bored and fell asleep skipped to the next one later). Just watched it now and it wasn't bad at all.

It is weird how the stones were used in this episode compared to later SG1 and SGU (hated them in SGU). Wouldn't the CIA or FBI be looking for leaks and find this guy (he was writing what happened in missions exactly as he seen them for years and tried to get them published)?

Comment

What makes or breaks a clip show is the story behind the clips. And this story just doesn't work. I don't care care about some suburban man going crazy about some link to Jack. Never mind I have trouble grasping that Jack has been having visions about some barber for 8 years without it being noticed by the medical staff at the SGC. They are under so much medical scrunity. So just a boring episode all around due to the unbelieveable premise
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X