No announcement yet.

Citizen Joe (815)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just rewatched this episode and i have to say it one of the best 'clip shows' there has been on SG1, LFP was brill but besides the point, there are a couple of unanswered questions though/ things for the future:
    * are jack and joe in communication, or will they be during S9?
    *did joe go to antartica to test his gene?
    *did they shut it off?
    *could jack skimp paperwork by jsut having joe write the mission reports ( by carrying the stone with him )?
    *will the atlantis team be able to utilise the technology?, if the stone was taken on the daedalus to pegasus, oniel could thoerically be there without being there, that would be fun for nxt seasons clip show!
    *what else is in the quantum horde?
    *will joes stories be used as official documents, they are extreamly accurate?

8/10 ep IMO, better than moebius ( i hate that episode, spoiled S8, but empowered SGAS1!)
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

"-Jack not recognizing Joe when he was confronted by him, despite seeing into his thoughts for 7 years...serious plot hole there." Quoted from fair nymph

The quantum stone at the SGC was kept just below the room where all of sg-1's mission reports were kept. Jack activated it so the link was with him, but the only time he would have had 'flashes' was when he was near the stone, maybe walking past the storage room. But perhaps the stone was transferring the information to Joe from Jack's mission reports that were stored right above it, so Joe wouldn't have had to rely on Jack being near the stone. So Joe would end up having more flashes than would Jack. It seems a little strange that it would come from mission reports, but why else would they mention that the stone was kept directly below them?
      "Do you people practice being vague?"

Comment

I did not like this episode mainly because they ignored season six. And for the uncalled comment about Daniel being better than that other guy... very unprofessional. Although it does make me wonder if someone is insecure about themselves and that's why they had to give the boot to the 'other guy'. It also made the team look like fackers because they didn't stick up for Jonas when he made that comment. You spend a year with a person, and you call them a friend, yet you don't even bother to defend them. My respectablity towards the show dropped a notch or two with that episode.

Oh, and I guess they used the wigg on MS at the end to get more use out of it. lol. His hair isn't that thick!

Comment

You're right about the "other guy" comment, but Jonas was otherwise ignored because this ep is a S8 clip show. The point of the show is to remind viewers of information that will be needed to understand later episodes. Jonas didn't play a role in season 8 and probably won't in S9, so there was no need to give him a big mention.
          SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

I loved it when Teal'c walked into the briefing room and Joe greeted him in Jaffa. His face was a picture. The bit with Danial and Jack talking about upping Jacks security was good as well.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I thought this was probably the best episode of Season 8 and one of the best ever. It's great to see that the writers take on board the fans criticisms of the show and are willing to mock themselves over bad episodes. It's definately an episode that rewards long term fans of the show, as newer fans may miss some of the in-jokes.

I normally hate clip-shows as a cheapcop-out of an episode but Citizen Joe is hilarious.
              I hope you like Guinness, I find it to be a good substitute for food.

Comment

This is the second best clip sow of the series, just behind Politics. It had a great cast and one of the most original storylines to appear on the series. The episode is a must see for die hard fans of the show.

timdalton007

Comment

I agree I enjoyed this episode more than Politics it gave the view of the fans prespective from watching the show over the years and gave a wide range of emotions.

P.s this was one of the first episodes I watched when getting Series 8 DVD's

STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                  legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

I just saw this episode for the first time this afternoon. Being a poor student without Sky One and waiting for the DVD boxset release next month I've been watching the show on Channel 4, which brings with it the nightmare of putting up with Steve Jones and June Sarpong (the presenters) before and after the show.

I have to admit that when it first started I was a little disappointed to see it was going to be a clip show. As a general rule I'm not a great fan of them, although they are a pretty cool way for newer fans of the series to catch up with story arcs and/or for new fans to get into the series. Hmm. I Babble.

So. I was pleasantly surprised, and ended up really enjoying the episode. The last bit after Joe gets taken to the SGC in particular was hilarious. I was cackling so loudly when O'Neill admitted that he'd been seeing visions of Joe's life for seven years and hadn't mentioned it that my housemate came to see what on earth I was doing!

Kate xx
                    Will anyone who is telekinetic please raise my hand?

Comment

i'm just after watching this episode again on Channel 4 in the UK but i've just realised something. how did Joe know to call Jack the leader of the SGC when the memories he was viewing was set before Jack was even promoted and i believe before Daniels death at the end of S5?

sigpic

Comment

Some of the memories shown were from back in S5, but some of them were later. The battle over Antarctica, for example, occurred late in S7, shortly before Jack was promoted. I think Joe saw the visions as the real events were happening, or at the latest, when Jack was writing his mission reports. Even if the vision wasn't shown to the viewers, Joe probably saw some indication of Jack's promotion.
                        SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

On Sunday I watched the first half of Season 9's "Stronghold" before stopping to record "Citizen Joe" from the TV (like GivenToFly above, this was the first time I was seeing it on television, although I'd seen it before by other means). As the episode ended, I actually cried a little for what I consider to be the loss of such a great series, and I really didn't want to go back to watch the rest of "Stronghold". I remember loving "Citizen Joe" from the first time I saw it, but it had added poignancy after I've seen so much of Season 9. With "Reckoning", "Threads" and "Moebius" coming up, Season 8 ended on a terrific high. Alas, poor "SG-1" - I knew (and loved) it well!

Comment

I loved the 'newly' added scene showing how Jack came into posession of the stone
                            It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

WHOOH! The most surreal episode I have ever seen. Teal'c's face at the end when Joe gave the Jaffa greeting was hilarious.

Did Joe ever get to see the Stargate or was he just kept in the briefing room?
                              "You don't know half of it".
                              Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                              (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

loved this episode. it included some of the best moments from previous seasons. i could watch this episode over and over again.

Comment

Working...
                                X