No announcement yet.

Citizen Joe (815)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was prepared to really like this episode (hooked on spoilers) and thought at first they were just gently poking fun at the rabid fans (me) and I did enjoy the in-jokes but started to feel skewered. Maybe I'm just getting thin skinned in my old age, but making the person who watches religiously and buys the boxed sets displayed as a fool for caring is rather like biting the hand that feeds you.
    And as for his reaction to Daniel's death, isn't he channeling Jack's reaction? Isn't it Jack's pain he is feeling, the pain he refuses to show.
    I will not belabor the plot holes. I have rather mixed feeling over this episode.
    Shouldn't some SF spit shine O'Neill's shoes?
    sigpic
    Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
    My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Jolinarsam
      I thought the little kid was sweet. He says Goa'uld better than most of the actors on the show. Loved when he said "So the Goa'uld won't put any more bombs in Rya'c's teeth?" So cute.

Also liked when Joe cried at Daniel's death. It wasn't just a story to him. He believed Daniel to be a real person.

I never really thought about it before, but this ep got me wondering what that would actually feel like to know something like SG-1 was going on while you're going about your regular day. That scene in the park with his wife really brought that home. I would have been freaking out if I was Joe knowing that a huge battle with aliens was going on in Antartica and no one else knew or believed me.
      Wasn't it poison in Ry'ac's teeth?
      Just nit picking - sorry.
      sigpic
      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

One other thought on Jack's visions of Joe's life. Joe had these intense visions of Jack when handling the stone. Jack only touched the stone once (turning it on). So perhaps his visions were seldom and less intense.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
          One other thought on Jack's visions of Joe's life. Joe had these intense visions of Jack when handling the stone. Jack only touched the stone once (turning it on). So perhaps his visions were seldom and less intense.
          That makes sense. Joe had direct contact with his stone at all times, Jack didn't.
          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
            That makes sense. Joe had direct contact with his stone at all times, Jack didn't.
            Which is why I don't understand why they couldn't take out the whole thing about Jack seeing Joe's life. To receive info, you would have to be touching the stone. But to send you just have to activate it and be nearby. That way they could have avoided this whole unbelievable thing with Jack not telling anybody he was seeing some guy's life for 7 years and then not recognizing him when he comes in his house. That would make much more sense to me anyway.

Comment

Wasn't it poison in Ry'ac's teeth?
              Just nit picking - sorry.
              Well, that's what the kid said. I think it was a kind of poison bomb. When he bit down on his tooth it would break and all the poison would spread out through the base, acting like a bomb.

Comment

This was actually a pretty well done clip show, since it made sense for the clips to be there. I thought it was funny, it got a little boring at times, but I did like all of the jokes.
                Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Ok. I think what I had to do when coming to an opinion of this show is recogize it for what it was: a clip show. So that means I'm prolly gonna be somewhere around a mental shrug for this ep. But is was a mental shrug+

Simply having Homer Simpson himself in the same scene as Jack was cool. But most of the best lines had me thinking that the writers browsed through sites like this forum and compiled and episode around them: how to pronounce Goa'uld (the snake people. hee.), the team interaction's isn't what is used to be, The Furlings sound cute and fuzzy, Wormhole X-Treme only surviving one ep, etc. I loved is reactions to Daniel's death/return.

I only really had one thing buzzing at me: Even if he did find it soothing, I didn't believe for a second that Jack would spend 8 years getting visions of someone elses life without saying a word.

All in all SG-1 in the present had some great scenes (Alarm?, Jack and the gun). So, a very entertaining tribute to the past 8 years.
                  And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                  Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                  Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                  Daniel: Oh! You see?
                  Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Beisdes learning about the new Ancient device, I will chalk this one up to a filler episode. I was expecting more much then this. Maybe next week.

Comment

At least Joe agreed that Burns coulod be a Gou'ald.

Comment

Originally posted by bravesmom63
                        Actually, he didn't name any names. My hubby said that to pay true homage to the internet fans, both Sam and Daniel should have walked into the infirmary.
                        Hah! I was thinking the same thing as your hubby! Not that the writers would ever go there (or that I want them to), but it would have been even funnier that way.

Originally posted by Zelazny
                        Oh, and Seshat, love the sig. It is very well done. Did you make it?
                        Yup, it's what I do. (Hours and hours in Photoshop, but it was a labor of love. )

Comment

And as for his reaction to Daniel's death, isn't he channeling Jack's reaction? Isn't it Jack's pain he is feeling, the pain he refuses to show.
                          I will not belabor the plot holes. I have rather mixed feeling over this episode.
                          Shouldn't some SF spit shine O'Neill's shoes?

No. We were told he was reading Jack's reports, not channeling Jack's feelings. I thought that was a gentle (or not) ribbing of some fan's reactions.

J.
                          "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

There seemed to be a continuity error in this ep (we're getting a number of them this year.
                            Spoiler:
                            Threads' "4 years" more of Jacob, rather than the six it actually was, as another example
                            )

The stones activated when they both picked them up, and that was after at least "Politics" (yes, they got them in TBFTG, but the flashback showed Daniel with no sling, so it had to be after Politics). And Joe was getting his info from Jack's reports. Yet, he knew about Argos and the nanites. Which was months before Jack would have handled the stone. That report would have been long since filed away (if Jack even wrote it, considering his situation). How did Joe know?

J.
                            "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

I'd say I definitly liked Homer Simpson as an actor, except when he cried about Daniel's death (completely not funny, overdramatic crap - but not his fault, that would be the writer's fault) and then celebrated later (same thing).

However, what really rattled my very bones with anger was the CHEAP shot they took against people who call the show bad nowadays. It was when the wife said she liked more 'relationship' style stories than 'explosion' type stories.

If the stargate crew would open up their eyes they would see two things - 1) Their 'relationship' stories are god-awful television that should be left for soap operas and other junk, or TV shows that may actually be good but are geared toward this dimension. The stargate staff is NOT geared towards this area, and they do it horribly.

And, 2) The first five seasons (their quote-on-qoute 'explosion' episodes) had much better inter-character relationships than anything we've seen in the last three years.

So, it was no fault of the actors, but that one cheap shot alone ticked me off completely - the producers should go on the air and pubicly apologize - they have no right to justify their MISTAKE with taking a good TV show and turning it into crap.

My favorite part of the episode was simply hearing many of my favorite musical motifs from past episodes.

Oh, and it is not believable or funny at all that jack hasn't said anything about his visions of joe's life. that was just dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
                                There seemed to be a continuity error in this ep (we're getting a number of them this year.
                                Spoiler:
                                Threads' "4 years" more of Jacob, rather than the six it actually was, as another example
                                )

The stones activated when they both picked them up, and that was after at least "Politics" (yes, they got them in TBFTG, but the flashback showed Daniel with no sling, so it had to be after Politics). And Joe was getting his info from Jack's reports. Yet, he knew about Argos and the nanites. Which was months before Jack would have handled the stone. That report would have been long since filed away (if Jack even wrote it, considering his situation). How did Joe know?

J.
                                Maybe Jack was a little behind on his reports. He hasn't exactly been Mr. Paperwork ("I have a desk?")
                                Last edited by Hex.FTB.enabled; 20 February 2005, 03:10 PM.
                                And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                                Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                                Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                                Daniel: Oh! You see?
                                Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Working...
                                X