Citizen Joe (815)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobthespirit
    This episode was pretty funny, but it's still kind of lame that they had to do a money-saving episode like this when they had a 20 episode season.

Loved the 'Burns as gua'uld' reference, liked "NOOO! DANIEL'S DEAD!!"

Hopefully Reckoning, Threads, and Moebius will be really good, have some actual good action, and save the season.
    reckoning is AMAZING
    come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

I absolutely LOVED this episode! Every other line was something I've read on this forum! I think that's the most I've laughed for any Stargate episode ever, because I could relate to all of it. Someone not as involved in the fandom probably didn't get all the jokes, but I really want to thank TPTB for this nod to the fans.

I loved all the references: Wormhole X-treme, Sam/Jack, Pete, crying over Daniel's ascension, Armin the reporter, NID, O'Neill with 2 l's, Furlings/Ewoks, Hathor, the decline in team interaction...I could go on and on. Although I don't know why they said 'Seth' and 'Holiday' were subpar. I personally loved those eps.

Loved when the guy getting his hair cut said "Come on, there must be other things we can talk about besides SG-1." And the guys just stare at him. And when everyone gets confused about the Jaffa, Joe says "It's not confusing, it's complex!" I've had the exact conversation trying to explain how to say Goa'uld.

Wish they would have answered stuff, like the Laira issue and the Furlings, instead of just saying that's for the sequel. But other than that, Daniel's greasy hair, and Jack seeing Joe for 8 years and not saying anything, it was a great ep.

I actually liked the clips for once. It was nice to see the good old episodes that I miss so much. And they didn't seem to take over the ep. It's too bad that some of you didn't like the ep. But I thought it was a great way to let the fans know they are at least listening and can laugh at themselves.
      Last edited by Jolinarsam; 18 February 2005, 09:06 PM.

Comment

I really liked this episode. It was a great tribute to the fans. We've all had those coversations/thoughts before, the furlings... Goa'uld... Daniel dying...

I loved the writers taking jibes at themselves with all his stories being rejected and how they acknowledged the loss of team dynamic.

Aside from the horrible greasy wig they had on Daniel and Jack's suddenly having been seeing into the life of a barber for the last eight years. And his odd security breach (I mean come on a public park!!!) I found the episode to be funny and pretty darn good for a clips episode.
        The translation of the inner tract is... wrong. Must have used Budge. I don't know why they keep reprinting his books. ~Dr. Daniel Jackson
        You know that "we come in peace" business? Bite me. ~Colonel Jack O’Neill
        So, any indigenous lions, tigers, or bears I should lie awake worrying about? ~Captain Samantha Carter
        One small step for Jaffa... ~Teal'c

Comment

I actually enjoyed this one. Not a lot of depth compared to the shows that followed it (Atlantis and BSG) - but I'd rank it as one of the better clip shows they've done.

I thought it was a fairly creative concept to come up with the Ancient stone - discovered way back in S1 - that established a psychic connection between Joe the Barber and SG1.

TPTB did a good job of poking a little fun at themselves as well as the fans and this was one episode I felt was really written for "fandom" as opposed to the "viewers". It DID sound a lot like stuff you see on these forums every day. When will the Furlings come back? Is Laira with child? The team dynamic's not what it used to be. Daniel's dead. No, he's alive! And Wormhole Xtreme was cancelled after one episode.

I thought Dan Castellaneta really made the episode. His portrayal of Joe kept my attention and I really felt for the guy losing his business, his wife, his life. If a less talented actor had been playing Joe I'm afraid I would have been rolling my eyes more often than not. Instead I thought his passion for the adventures of SG-1 was endearing. His confrontation with Jack was a classic. "I'm not a bad ping-pong player" Hee!

Jack not mentioning the visions of Joe is a little out there, but with Jack I almost believe it.

What's up with the lingering crotch shot on old Joe sprawled in his underwear on the sofa? Note to Andy Mikita: If you're going to do one of these in S9 I have some candidates to suggest.

First glance at the wig on Daniel. Really, I think Daniel washed his hair in S1 - didn't he??

So - not an episode I'll rush to rewatch but for a clip show I thought it was pretty entertaining.
          Last edited by keshou; 18 February 2005, 10:07 PM. Reason: cause Castellaneta's tough to spell. ;)
          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Citizen Joe was pretty cute. It doesn't have a lasting effect but good for a hours worth of entertainment.

I see the writers kind of making fun of themselves though and I wonder - do they take it seriously anymore? And in regards to the actors though they did make me laugh this time around, they seem to have been charicaturizing themselves for the past 8th season. Maybe they're getting tired, maybe the juice has been sucked out, beats me. All I know is the characters have been thrown off course with Sam being the lead, Jack being waaayy in the lead and Teal'c getting hair (I'm nitpicking, zip it. ) The Goa'uld have been diluted to one big bad a$$ Goa'uld/Ancient/Nazi/Super duper uber baddie who is not really interesting me. I miss Apophis, I miss Hathor, Heck, show me Bastet, I'll give you points for Bastet, but please, enough with the Super Soldiers. Give something I can have feelings for instead of yelling at the screen whenever I see it, "Super Soldier!! C@#p, Shoot it!!! Die, you clomping freak of nature, DIE!!!"

But back to Citizen Joe, very nice, amicable. As Miss Marple might say,

"I have eyes, dear, I can see when the energy has gone out of things for you. I understand you might be feeling tired and that's quite allright, but whatever you do, please, try and keep your eyes on the road, I have a dreadful fear of speeds over 55 and you don't seem to have been concentrating. I do hate it dreadfully when you nod off whilst driving and ...Dear?"

TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

For some reason I actually enjoyed this one as opposed to some other episodes this season. And it was a clip show. I’m not all giddy about it, but at least PU is not in jeopardy of having to relinquish its spot as worst episode of the season and maybe of the entire series. (Just my humble opinion of course. )

The in-jokes were funny. Though I’m not sure how taking a fun jab at how the show has declined with the team interaction is quite that funny. Hehe, even Joe was miserable during most of season 7. (Yes, I know why he was actually miserable, but S7 didn’t cheer him up. ) And yes Kes, I too can think of others in S9 that such camera angles are more appropriate for.

Guess why I didn’t find the opening chit chat between Sam and Jack amusing or the little comment in the infirmary.

Someone’s been injecting human growth hormone into their child. I know they grow up fast, but not that fast. I won’t even go there with Jack seeing images of a barber’s life for 7 years and not saying anything. Wonder how much he saw though? Maybe a little free entertainment. Maybe that's why he didn't say anything. *slap* Don’t go there. This is a family show. That's Fox Mulder's territory.

Overall good enough episode to entertain me for an hour until SGA. It didn’t leave a sour taste even though it had some scenes and story points that I didn’t care for. Now bring on Reckoning and the rest of the season.

Originally posted by Major Fischer
              One good thing. Carter found her uniform jacket again. I had begun to wonder if she'd just lost it.
              Hehe. I noticed that, too. Seems SG-1's clothing has been getting lost in the wash, but was found for this ep.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

Another good episode IMO. Thats 4 in a row now.

Somehow they've got to end this horrible idea they stole from Xena in "Gemini" with the replicators having a new leader that looks exactly like Sam. Its just not going to work.

Comment

This episode was awesome. SEASON 8 is really picking up. I've keep my fingers crossed for exactly this to happen. That last few shows have been great Stargate SG:1 shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                    Even if Everyone who watched this episode rated it awful, shippers everywhere are very happy with the infermery scene where Joe tells Jack that he won't tell anyone how he feels about Sam.
                    *squee* yes! lol I also liked the part where he sees the part when Daniel dies and he starts crying. I thought that was really guided toward the fans as well. *sniff* I cried in that episode too...although not that much!

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
                    Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

Strangely enough, I liked this one. I was prepared to hate it, but I found it more interseting than both "It's Good To Be King" and "Full Alert". Of course, it wasn't without it's faults (Joe's kid growing abnormally fast in three years, Jack having visions of a barber ever since season 2 and not telling anyone, Daniel's nasty flashback wig), but overall it was pretty good. They even mentioned the Furlings! At this point I'm taking anything I can get regarding my precious Furlings.
                      MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

IMO, the beginning was ok with jack, a a six pack, and a wack job with a gun(which turned out to be fake) then the whole flash back thing was preety good (serpents venom, i think, the one with the asteriod, hathor,etc.) then it got pretty weird when joe freaked out cause he saw daniel die and when he was alive. the end was pretty good when gen. O'neill (sorry if miss spelled) edmitted he saw joes life for 7 years and said nothing. i think 1 of the best lines in that scene was "Jack: bowling night on thursdays? ,joe: yes, Jack: you got game." and i liked it when jack explained the whole thing to joes wife. all IMO

P.S. i think the best line was "employee w/newspaper: so what about the furlings, when will we hear somthing about them?, employee2 fulings, lol, they sound cute, like ewoks"
                        anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

A decent episode. I really enjoyed the meta-humor. I believe the best part was when Joe broke down over Daniel. The worst part: Danny's fake hair. It looked ridiculous. Best line: "The Team doesn't seem to have the same dynamic anymore." Very amusing that Jack never said anything about having flashes of Joe's life. I also enjoyed the remark about Jonas. Why wasn't General Hammond mentioned? That annoyed me. The Wormhole X-Treme bit cracked me up, and I loved the fact that the stories were the same as the episode titles.
                          "And what would humans be without love?"
                          "RARE," said Death.
                          --Discworld

[Oglethorpe has built a copy of the stargate]
                          Emory: Isn't that the Starga--
                          Oglethorpe: No! It's the Fargate! It is not some other kind of gate from a movie or TV show that I've ever seen! Notice that it has a wheelchair and a pink mohawk? We're not getting sued!
                          Emory: But--
                          Oglethorpe: No, it's a Fargate! From the makers of Thindependence Day!
                          --Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Comment

A very unsatisfying episode. Except for the teaser and Act V, there was nothing original about it. Just an easy way out to view clips from past episodes. Did like the teaser though -- especially reference to "CIA" and "Johnson."
                            What's with the hall phone at SGC for telephone conversations? Daniel was using it too in a previous episode. What gives?

Comment

I thought that Citizen Joe was terrific. I just suspend my disbelief on this show and enjoy the ride. I thought that the writers/producers and actors were having a blast poking fun at themselves and the series as well as an attempt to acknowledge some loose ends, e.g. Jack's feelings for Sam(yippee), and set up a new development, e.g. Johnson(I assume this is the new woman interest). Joe was Jack's "alter" on Earth. Joe lived an average life with the excitement of his Stargate visions. Jack lived a dangerous and adventurous life with the "relaxation" of his barber-life visions.
                              sigpic

Comment

I liked it, was fun to watch. I loved when they were trying to pronounce Goa'uld.
                                O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
                                Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

Working...
                                X