No announcement yet.

Citizen Joe (815)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i loved this ep it was so funny... joe was like one of us...
    i do think that the air force wouldn't have told joe and his wife about the world's most secret secret so easily though....
    apart from that it was the best clip show...
    sigpic
    http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
    http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

The connection between Jack and Joe was established BEFORE Jack touched the stone in a much later episode then "7 Years ago". The scenes from season 1 for instance should not have been seen by Joe because the link was not established at that time.
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
        The connection between Jack and Joe was established BEFORE Jack touched the stone in a much later episode then "7 Years ago". The scenes from season 1 for instance should not have been seen by Joe because the link was not established at that time.
        The connection didn't transmit in realtime, though... it only was active when Jack was writing his reports... and you know Jack and paperwork. He could have caught up on a huge backlog during early Season 2.

-IMF
        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Just saw the episode 5 mins ago and I found it to be the best clip show yet. But the only thing I don't buy is that Jack has not said anything about Joe in the past 7 years. If a person can see what the other is doing then Jack would not have found Joe's life relaxing. For all he did was write about the missions, work in a boring job and have family problems. And if at any point Jack saw stuff related to the stargate then we all know he would have gotten worried and told someone. So I just don't buy his reason for not saying anything because it would have shown parts of the SGC or not have been very interesting.
          The 360 is out in Aus and I'm playing
          Mal: Was that the primary buffer panel?
          Wash: It did seem to resemble-
          Mal: Did the primary bufferpanel just fall off my gorramn ship for no apparent rerason?

Comment

I actually liked Citizen Joe. One of only three decent ep of the 15 I've seen of this season.
            Funniest part for me was when Joe went hysterical when he learnt about Daniel's season 5 death.
            Most cringeworthy was the begining when Sam and Jack spoke on the phone about how he fried his eggs or something. It perfectly showed what us non-shippers have always known: their romance is a complete sham and the laboured, infunny dialogue in that beginning scene just bore it out.
            The end was strange. I get the feeling some nerdy script editor threw in the....but wouldn't Jack then know about Joe's life?....when he saw the final draft.
            I can picture the writer quickly scurrying away to the corner of the room for a quick add on at the end about Jack knowing.

Comment

^ Totally agree - the fact that Jack should have seen Joes life was just patched on the end.

The rest of the ep wasnt too bad imo ... the "what about the furlings?" bit and the other fan type comments were v funny

Check out stargate_pad; a pairing a day for the stargate fandom!

Comment

Worst - Episode - Ever

Worst Clip Show ever

I felt quite ill watching it.

The worst part is I went to Gateworld.net to vote it as absolute drivel, but the US don't get to suffer through this garbage until the 18th.

How can I warn our poor brothers across the pacific ocean?

When it started, I thought great, another episode on Earth (SARCASM).
                It's called STARGATE people not SuburbiaGate not EarthGate and certainly not CrapEpisodeFillerCrapClipCrapGate.

They must have blown up too many forests in previous seasons and so run out of locations.

Comment

Originally posted by captianspiffy
                  did anyone notice that O'Neill's shoes were some sort of trainer type, platform sneaker type werid shoe, n not a proper dress shoe? least it didnt look that way to me....

YESS!!!! In fact, that whole final scene, w/ O'Neill walking toward Joe & his wife at the park... he walked funny (because of the shoes??), he looked heavy... In fact, it almost didn't look like RDA at all except for his face when he got close.

Otherwise, it was a great episode. If Jack had been 'seeing' Joe's life all these years, why didn't he say anything when Joe confronted him in his kitchen? Joe knew Jack's name... Jack must have known Joe's.

Comment

Originally posted by jyh
                    If Jack had been 'seeing' Joe's life all these years, why didn't he say anything when Joe confronted him in his kitchen? Joe knew Jack's name... Jack must have known Joe's.
                    The whole premise makes great 44 min fluffy SF viewing but doesn't stand up to even casual scrutiny.

To be fair, though, the images we were given of Jack's "visions" were a close up of someone's nose hairs, and an arm bowling. I don't recall how Joe came to know what Jack looked like; I can't imagine Jack describing his face in his own reports.

Also, I think that Jack might have gotten less "visions" and possibly only when he was near sleep(so he might have thought he was dreaming). Jack's mind has been touched by both the Ancients and the Asgard. I suspect the Asgard had to re-wire a few circuits when they took the Ancient knowledge from Jack the first time(5th Race), and who knows what his scrambled eggs look like since New Order.

Joe, OTOH, was actively, consciously channeling Jack from the moment he decided to buy the device at the yard sale.
                    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Ugh. Unbelieveable. They have two fewer episodes this season and they *still* feel the need to do a clip show?

How much money do they need to save, exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthespirit
                        Ugh. Unbelieveable. They have two fewer episodes this season and they *still* feel the need to do a clip show?

How much money do they need to save, exactly?
                        I don't know, ask the cast and crew how much in total they got in raises for working the eighth year on a show, when at least one of the them with a big pay check didn't want to be there?

Comment

God I cannot believe how bad this is. What are they thinking? I mean are the deliberately sabotaging the show? Half an hour into the show and not even one original SG1 shot except the opening sequence..................

Comment

Bad. Typical clip show.

Inauguration was much better than this one.
                            Five frowns.

Comment

I actually don't think it's bad because it's a clip show, there really aren't all that many clips in it, but I find it difficult to watch because I have a family background in mental illness and I couldn't laugh at the gags because I found Joe's mental deterioration so hard to watch.

There is a West Wing episode that deals with CJ's father that I similarly admire for it's structure and guts, but had difficulty watching.

Comment

And stargate has jumped the shark. Jack's been seeing things for seven years and doesn't say anything??? and they give no real reason why! this show was hella weak.
                                "I've been called ugly, pug-ugly, fugly, pug-fugly, but never ugly-ugly." --- Moe Szyslak

Comment

Working...
                                X