No announcement yet.

Threads (818)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

out of all the bits ive read in this thread i havent noticed anyone else saw this when daniel is readin the paper for the 1st time who happend to notice a headline saying

Wraith on way to Atlantis.

on the ep very good and jim being anubis was a very good twist

Comment

Originally posted by SBacklin
      Sounds possible. The Ancients are really pissing me off. I do understand their highest law (not interfering in coporial matters) because once you open that door, in a literal sense, all hell would break loose. At the same time and this is why I am pissed, is why don't they realize Anubis is using knowledge of Ancient technology that he got while he got ascended and using that in coporial matters. They should know that no one has the technology to stop him. They should've wiped Anubis out a long time ago and let Oma to continue what she was doing (helping others find enlightenment (ascend)) and everyone else go on their merry way. I really do hope Oma isn't dead or trapped or descened somewhere.

SPOILERS down below SPOILERS

They killed Jacob/Selmak, DAMMIT! He was my favorite character. I just wonder what killed him.

Probably the weapon at Dakara, as sam stated she didn't know what kind of effect it would have on him. Which leads me to think that the goauld or going to start dying.

Comment

I have to admit that after watching Threads last night I felt slightly dissapointed, everything seemed too convenient. It just felt like too many loose ends got tied up in one episode. Having thought about it though my opinion has changed. To me it seems to have been necessary to set the way for S9 and the changes that are coming. Initially I wasn't holding out much hope for S9, but I feel quite excited about it all now.

Comment

Did anyone else notice in "The Ascended Times" that
          Spoilers for last bunch of episodes of atlantis (no real spoilers for the siege)

Spoiler:

There was a heading htat read something like "Wraith ships headed for atlantis" or something similar... and there was a picture of the wraith hive ships...?

It was obscured/only semi-visible but it was there!

Comment

This episode was amazing, I can't wait 'til next week.

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
              Intersting side note: The newspaper Daniel is given early on has an article that is headlined "Wraith on way to Atlantis!"

-IMF
              SDF has a splendid mock up of the newspaper (useful site, BTW).
              newspaper mock up

Foxy
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ADLOTS
                Did anyone else notice in "The Ascended Times" that
                Spoilers for last bunch of episodes of atlantis (no real spoilers for the siege)

Spoiler:

There was a heading htat read something like "Wraith ships headed for atlantis" or something similar... and there was a picture of the wraith hive ships...?

It was obscured/only semi-visible but it was there!
                That's now been said 3 times in the same page.

Comment

How about using the official Threads thread and the Yes/No to S9 instead of starting yet another thread.

Comment

Great, great episode. I really can't see how they could cut this down to 60 minutes from 90, seeing how even the extra long episode seemed rushed

Poor Pete He did everything for Sam... what the hell was wrong with her? I prefered dream Jacob's advice in Grace than what Jacob told her here. And sooo sad to see Jacob die... it still hasn't hit me, but he's gone Also, what episode were some people here watching? "Jack and Sam finally together" where? Last time I checked Jack's still Sam's CO.

Jim being Anubis was brilliant, I didn't see that coming at all. I would have liked to see what was happening to Anubis on Dakara when Oma attacked him, but I guess we can't all get what we want.

Another thing, Ascensions is no longer a way out. So many people whine about anyone being able to ascend if they die... well, not any more Oma shall spend the rest of time battling Anubis and thus won't be ascending anyone anymore.

When they realised that Anubis was about to get the Ancient weapon I would have loved if they had been able to dial the Alpha site and then they decided they had to
                    Spoiler:
                    use the Puddle Jumper to travel back in time and we'd get a cool lead in to Mobius

9.7853/10

Edit - ADLOTS, where'd you come from? Read the thread next time
                    Last edited by Teal'c; 09 February 2005, 02:43 AM.

Comment

What's with all people starting new threads non-stop. Use the official one?

Comment

hi and thanks for that link to the synopsis site... i have printed off the transcript and everything aswell as reading up on the up comming episodes for Australia...
                        i love threads... although i haven't seen it yet, it is now my favourite episode... Yay Sam and Jack

Cheyenne

Comment

Very happy with Threads, despite (OK, because of) it being all middle-aged Dawson's Creek. The fact that we can have a sci-fi show that takes time out of saving the galaxy and Blowing Stuff Up to just do some characterisation totally works for me.
                          BUT... 90 mins for those 3 storylines...hmmmm...
                          General comment (not spoilerish)

Daniel/Oma could have been cut down a lot and still retained (or probably improved upon) the impact.Big speech just didn't do it for me. However, hopefully the fact they don't give a stuff might mean they take a huge backstep in S9. Not so sure about the memory intact comedic return from a plot point, but entertaining enough. Almost felt like the Old Days.

The whole Anubis/Ancients weapon/Jaffa plotline dragged like hell for me: I would have liked to see more on the political struggles between the Jaffa elements -- dramatic friction doesn't have to come from actually seeing Impending End Of All Things.
                          As a talk episode, it could have done a lot more to flesh out the Free Jaffa backstory, mirroring the Carter/Jacob line with Bra'tac/Teal'c and the one-sided paternal expectations -- instead, we get trained warriors acting like 17 year old Horror Movie High School kids investigating the strange noise in the basement -- "I know, let's split our forces and go lookit Anubis". yech.

And finally, the Jack/Sam ship, which I admit to being rather partial to.
                          the constant prodding from other characters was a rushed writing tool (Jacob's a much tearful exception) but, hey, LTS. The fact that after so much faffing around it was handled sensitively without any big declamatory lines and still left hanging in the wind was a good choice.

Having Teal'c & Daniel turn up at the end had me in warm fuzzies. More like this please before RDA walks off into the sunset.
                          How long since SG1 (in whatever form) has felt like an honest to goodness team of friends? Including any elements of friendship (or lack of due to O'Neill's promotion) has been sorely missed at times: there has been too much reliance on fragmented storylines and characters seemingly there to purely move the plot archs along (Carter leading SG1 as a unit?).
                          Because of this, the earth-bound storyline was by far the more involving.

At 90 mins, it was too long -- but because the earth talk scenes just blew the rest away.

Who really gives a monkeys about the Ancients or nefarious death machines?

Jo

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                            Intersting side note: The newspaper Daniel is given early on has an article that is headlined "Wraith on way to Atlantis!"

-IMF
                            I missed that! I went back and checked the scene and you're right! Those sneaky writers.

I also managed to transcribe most of that article Daniel was reading in the paper:

Anubis plans to retake Dakara

EXCLUSIVE INFORMATION ON HIS QUEST TO DESTROY ALL LIFE IN THE MILKY WAY GALAXY

He's back again and he's badder than ever

Sources today indicate that the monstrous evil that is Anubis is about to commit his most horrific act yet. His ultimate plan is to destroy all life (no exceptions) in the Galaxy and start over, infesting it with a multitude of Kull Warriors and other subservient dronelike beings whose only purpose is to serve and amuse him. When questioned, Anubis claimed, "I'm not such a bad guy, I just know what I like and I'm willing to kill everyone and everything to get it." His plans will come as a huge surprise to the rebel jaffa and Tauri alike. "They keep thinking that they've bested me but it can't be done. Being partially ascended really has its benefits."

This corporeal creep had some words to say regarding his constant foes from the SGC. "That O'Neill is such a pain in the --- I'm particularly looking forward to pulling his arms off, over and over and over." What of his plans for the rest of the SG-1 team? "I thought I might have the shulva Teal'c skinned and made into a wallhanging for my Peltac. Carter? Oh, I've got something special in mind for her. Give me time to muster my forces and set my plans for retaking Dakara in motion. I just love the irony of dealing with such situations because it gives..."
                            To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Did anyone else notice they kept saying Jacob should have died 4 years ago? Can they not count it was 6!?

Comment

I just thought that it was cool that when Oma finally decided to do something, all the other ascended finally looked up!

Comment

Working...
                                X