Threads (818)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DustyBadger View Post
    Perhaps its due to the extensive cutting of the original 90-minutes ep to the standard 40-ish that it feels so rushed, but still a little planning could have strung out the story ends across the season a bit. Speaking of the long version, does anyone know if it is available somewhere?
    How long was the version you watched? It goes for 84 mins on my DVD.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
      every time i watch this episode i find myself going "its the waffle house" lol.

i was really sad that jacob dies, and to me it seems like his death is kind of overlooked. all sam does to grieve is not marry pete.
      Sam's grief was not for public display as many people seem to want it to be. I'm sure she did so privately. Throughout the series, she pretty much kept her emotions in check. Crying isn't the only way people grieve over a loss, and it isn't fair to judge someone by how much they "grieve" over a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
        43 on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
          It's the ordinary 40ish minutes
          I hope you like Guinness, sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for... food.
          -Col. Jack O'Neill. Lost City part 1.

Comment

Originally posted by DustyBadger View Post
            It's the ordinary 40ish minutes
            That sucks. That's like missing out on an entire episode.
            sigpic

Comment

This was a great and memorable episode of SG-1.

Going into this, I forgot what happened to Anubis.

It's sad Jacob died, I'll miss him. Also, Anubis and Oma might be dead or something

Notes:
              • Who remembers the great screw up on the Season 8 DVD with Sony putting the cut-version Threads instead of the proper one. I still have the screwed up one. I guessing this is the reason they never added the commentary to it (I'm certain Andy and Rob recorded one)
              • That whole Rebel Jaffa scene at the beginning was great.
              • The Sam/Pete relationship is over
              • The grin on Bra'tac's face when Daniel came out of Jack's Office was funny.

Tomorrow, Part 1 of the 2-part Series Finale of Original run.
              sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately I have the short version season 8 'Threads' as I thought by buying the season 8 boxset I would get the longer version, then I missed out on getting the disc replaced as you had to send it off if I recall. So I've only ever seen the longer version once. I hoped maybe they had the longer version on Netflix but no luck.

It's always sad watching this epsiode. Jacob dying, Jack and Sam not sorting out things really. Seeing the quick exit of Pete was as quick as his appearance which was a good thing in the end! All a bit weird to me, along with the secret love interest of Jack's we only see for a brief moment and then she's gone too.

The battle in the diner between Oma and Anubis - always good fun to watch, Anubis was having too much fun teasing Daniel and Oma, loved his incarnation as 'Jim'!

Daniel appearing again in Jack's office obviously in his birthday suit and then only the SGC flag allowing him to keep his dignity intact, along with Jack's awkward reaction to it all was hilarious! I loved Bra'tac's reaction, from his smile I reckon this took a few takes with people laughing too much!

At least the other Ancients interfered to the extent of giving Daniel back his mortal existence rather than letting him die after Oma got tied up with her eternal battle with Anubis.

Comment

I didn't realize there was a shorter version - I thought it was a two parter, but not identified that way.

It would have made a good ending to the series, but I'm glad it continued.
                  Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

My LiveJournal post

Great episode, some good, some sad.
                    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                    >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                      I didn't realize there was a shorter version - I thought it was a two parter, but not identified that way.

It would have made a good ending to the series, but I'm glad it continued.
                      Prior to this thread i never even realised there was a Longer version...

Comment

Another ep of SG1...

1. A very long ep, a very slow ep.

2. Jim/Anubis is completely insane!

3. Boy was that an awkward moment at the cabin.

Still not a great ep though.
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

My DVDs have the long version. However I don't find the long version adds a lot to the episode. It just makes some of the story threads. For some that is a good thing and for others very bad. This episode as indicated by its title has many small storylines that are trying to be wrapped up the major SG1 story arcs. The whole Jack-Sam-Pete stuff bores me. The Jack/Sam ship was always terribly written in the past 8 years I just don't care about Sam's conflicting feelings with Jack and Pete that I just find that whole story boring. Never mind its kind of a cliche. The other smaller story arcs are lot better. I liked Oma and Daniel in the breakfast dinner mostly because it answers a lot of question shrouding the mystery of Anubis and ascension. It is about time that we learn how Anubis came to be half ascended. And while it tells us a lot about ascension I like it leaves enough mystery that can be explained for the Ori years. People always mention the saddness of Fraise dying but it seems Jacob's death always seems to be overlooked. In a way its one final casuality in the war with the Goa'uld which I thought was just sad to see him go given all that Jacob and Selmack had sacrificed
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Very true and another little know fact, sga bought the set from the movie blade: trinity. All the glass.corridors.and stairs from I.think the middle.if.season two onwards
                            Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

The Blade sets come from the very beginning when SGA started
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Personally i really enjoy 'Threads' and the character who played Anubis/Jim was genius.
                                O'Neill: So, what's your impression of Alar?
                                Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                                O'Neill: Like what?
                                Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X