No announcement yet.

Threads (818)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if this question could be the start of a new thread but this is the place I came to with it. I've been trying to type out the entire page of the Ascended Times from the diner to share with fellow Gaters but am coming up with a lot of holes. Perhaps there's someone out there who I can compare notes with and come up with a whole piece. TPTB went to all the trouble of actually concocting all these news stories I figure they should at least be read! =0)

Comment

Originally posted by Cherriey View Post
      Not sure if this question could be the start of a new thread but this is the place I came to with it. I've been trying to type out the entire page of the Ascended Times from the diner to share with fellow Gaters but am coming up with a lot of holes. Perhaps there's someone out there who I can compare notes with and come up with a whole piece. TPTB went to all the trouble of actually concocting all these news stories I figure they should at least be read! =0)
      hope this helps

Spoiler:

sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Holy cow! Was I doing all that squinting for nothing? Where did this come from?!!

Comment

this is a very good episode. i like that newspaper "The Ascended Times, tomorrow's news today!"

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
            Without reading through everything, just wanna share some of my thoughts

Personally I don't have any problems with relationship development in stargate SG1, its not something we see in every episode, and people do have personal life. For me its fine that the series touch on this issue every now and then.

Anyway this answers the question in Season 6 Full Circle about Anubis and what's his deal with the Ancients. In Full Circle, I think Anubis knew that Oma would stop Daniel and he didn't intent to fight Daniel.

It was also revealed in some later season's episode that Anubis cannot use his Ancient powers or the "Others" will deal with him. This is further confirmed in this episode where we learned that the rule here is that Anubis is allowed to do anything that he can otherwise do as a normal being. Or, that he cannot use his Ancients power obviously.

For that reason, another idea crossed my mind, that by fighting back against Oma, Anubis is doing what the "Others" disallow him to do, that is to use his Ancient power. I think the "Others" would have to destroy him, and possibly Oma too, depending on what punishment they have.

That's just my thoughts anyway, it was kind of hard to interpret. Anubis at first doesn't seems to be afraid about fighting Oma, he confidently said "what you're gonna do". He was only afraid when he knew what Oma was about to do, which in my opinion, wasn't clear here.

Maybe Oma even meant something else when she use the word "fight"

Of course, it may be possible that Anubis is caught in an eternal battle, but I just thought that even if thats the case, he should have broken the rule that prevent him from using the Ancient powers and the "Others" should deal with him.

The ending was nice though. I think it intentionally leave us guessing whether Sam and Jack got into a real relationship or not. One moment it looked like they did, until Teal'c and Danial show up which may suggest that its just a outing with his SG1 team
            I always thought that it was actually a bit of both. I think they started pursuing a real relationship at this point, but they did go on outing with the rest of the team. A relationship at this point, despite feeling feelings throughout the years of whatever, would still be new and something to tread lightly with.

Just my interpretation, I guess.
            sigpic
            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
              I always thought that it was actually a bit of both. I think they started pursuing a real relationship at this point, but they did go on outing with the rest of the team. A relationship at this point, despite feeling feelings throughout the years of whatever, would still be new and something to tread lightly with.

Just my interpretation, I guess.
              I think the ending the way they did it was just perfect. I'd have been unhappy if it was just Jack and Sam in the final frame of the episode. The way it was done, you could see they worked something out between the two of them but the team feeling was still there.

I mean, there's a reason why her password in LitS was "fishing".

I don't think it was TPTB trying to leave the impression that their relationship was still up in the air. Can you imagine what fan reaction would have been if Daniel and Teal'c hadn't shown up? In the last scene of the last ep where the team was actually still a team? Remember Moebius had the same ending. (Only better- if you're a shipper, that is). It'd be as bad as Jack not showing up in Unending.
              Last edited by VSS; 20 October 2009, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                I think the ending the way they did it was just perfect. I'd have been unhappy if it was just Jack and Sam in the final frame of the episode. The way it was done, you could see they worked something out between the two of them but the team feeling was still there.

I mean, there's a reason why her password in LitS was "fishing".

I don't think it was TPTB trying to leave the impression that their relationship was still up in the air. Can you imagine what fan reaction would have been if Daniel and Teal'c hadn't shown up? In the last scene of the last ep where the team was actually still a team? Remember Moebius had the same ending. (Only better- if you're a shipper, that is). It'd be as bad as Jack not showing up in Unending.
                I agree. It would have been unfair to just have Sam and Jack in that scene. But I don't think there's any doubt they've entered a real relationship, or at least have begun one. If you watch (...admit it, we've all watched it quite a bit...) the final fishing scene, Daniel and Teal'c look at them both sitting on the dock -- I can't quite figure out what they're thinking, but the expressions on their faces did amuse me. Or perhaps I spend far too much time watching repeats of SG-1.
                sigpic
                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                  I agree. It would have been unfair to just have Sam and Jack in that scene. But I don't think there's any doubt they've entered a real relationship, or at least have begun one. If you watch (...admit it, we've all watched it quite a bit...) the final fishing scene, Daniel and Teal'c look at them both sitting on the dock -- I can't quite figure out what they're thinking, but the expressions on their faces did amuse me. Or perhaps I spend far too much time watching repeats of SG-1.
                  I never noticed any look from Daniel or Teal'c (I'm actually not good at picking up subtle things like that ) but it sounds like it might be similar to the one Cam had in Continuum when Sam wanted to talk with Jack about the moonbase.

Comment

I never noticed a look either. Guess I'll just have to go back and re-watch . . . Oh, the horror. . .
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

It is very quick, and their faces are teeny weeny. But I'm 90% sure I saw something.
                      sigpic
                      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

I don't think Sam and Jack got together, but I hope they had a mature conversation about their feelings for one another and decided to wait until one of them retires and stop trying to move on...

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                          I don't think Sam and Jack got together, but I hope they had a mature conversation about their feelings for one another and decided to wait until one of them retires and stop trying to move on...
                          Of all the possibilities that one makes the least amount of sense to me, because it's not actually a mature thing to do at all, I think. Grown-ups figure out solutions, and there's no reason why one of them has to quit. That's the whole point of what Jacob and Kerry were trying to say. Happily, the on-screen and behind-the-scenes hints from TPTB since Threads point in that direction.

But let's say waiting is what they decided to do- why bother with a relationship that's really no more than a convenience? If they didn't care enough to work something out when they had the chance, would they really wait around for each other? Would anyone?

In that case, I'd rather they did move on, it'd be more realistic. Just MHO, of course.
                          Last edited by VSS; 23 October 2009, 01:25 PM.

Comment

So did any of TPTB ever explain exactly what Jacob meant when he said 'four years ago'?
                            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

It was a continuity error
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                It was a continuity error
                                Those are like... the worst thing ever. Oh well.
                                If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Working...
                                X