No announcement yet.

Threads (818)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the short version on the dvd! But the long one? It was only for the tv-run?
    This is my favorite episode of Sg1 and I'm so curious now What happened in the cut scenes?
    sigpic
    Thanks for Camy for the signature

Comment

Originally posted by Xcully View Post
      I have the short version on the dvd! But the long one? It was only for the tv-run?
      This is my favorite episode of Sg1 and I'm so curious now What happened in the cut scenes?
      No, you can get the long version on the slim pack dvd box set.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

A friend of mine tells me, in Europe box set there are the old box of every season!
        sigpic
        Thanks for Camy for the signature

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
          No, you can get the long version on the slim pack dvd box set.
          I have the slimpak set, but it has the short version...
          sigpic
          Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
            Same here.

I personally don't like the diner scenes. I'm not a fan of the "revelation" about what happened between Anubis and Oma. Too many plot holes for me. Plus, all the characters storylines were too segregated for me. Yes, I know they were trying to wrap everything up, but I'm not a fan of segregated storylines.
            sigpic
            Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
            I'm a 60%er!
            ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
              Really? That's weird. Unless you got the very first release of the slimpack, you should have the full version. At least for region 1 DVDs, I know they made a mistake with the first slimpack, but they corrected it so that all new slimpack's have the full version of Threads (again, I'm not sure if this is true for the overseas version, but it is true for region 1 DVDs).

For the record, the "short" version is 43 minutes long and the long version is something like 64 minutes long. It was 90 minutes with commercials, but obviously it's shorter without them. So if the version you have is longer than 43 minutes, then it's the full version.
              Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
              Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Over in England we got the full version which is around 80 mins on our normal DVDs. It has to be one of my all time favourtie episodes!
                "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

I have yet to see this ep in it's full version on any TV rerun. They cut the part with Ba'al at the beginning. Im glad my DVD version has the full episode. I never knew from seeing the reruns, that was Ba'al was even in it!

Comment

Darn, I know this is probably forbidden, but I wish someone would post this to youtube or something...

Comment

I think Pete was to insistent.He tried to change to much in Sam's life and Jacob knew that.

Comment

Excellent episode, another all-time favourite for me, pretty wrapping up everything, lots of good clips and conversations. I think this is a better season finale than Moebius.
                        sigpic
                        Sign by me

Comment

Many feel that this was a better finale. I can see it, though I definitely loved Moebius for all the reasons that others have, including the time travel aspect. Obviously another reason why another of my favorites was 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilana View Post
                            Many feel that this was a better finale. I can see it, though I definitely loved Moebius for all the reasons that others have, including the time travel aspect. Obviously another reason why another of my favorites was 1969.
                            Threads was the finale for SG1 and Mobius was a coda. And what a finale Threads was. I personally think they should have rebranded to stargate command in season 9. It would have presered threads as a good finalle, and less people would have been upset with the changes in season 9/10
                            "Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."
                            "Those who abandon the path are evil."
                            "Hallowed are the Ori!"

"Individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst." -- Joseph Mallozzi

Comment

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
                              Excellent episode, another all-time favourite for me, pretty wrapping up everything, lots of good clips and conversations. I think this is a better season finale than Moebius.
                              I have to agree completely. This is a much stronger episode than Moebius. I found Moebus to be tedious.

Comment

Without reading through everything, just wanna share some of my thoughts

Personally I don't have any problems with relationship development in stargate SG1, its not something we see in every episode, and people do have personal life. For me its fine that the series touch on this issue every now and then.

Anyway this answers the question in Season 6 Full Circle about Anubis and what's his deal with the Ancients. In Full Circle, I think Anubis knew that Oma would stop Daniel and he didn't intent to fight Daniel.

It was also revealed in some later season's episode that Anubis cannot use his Ancient powers or the "Others" will deal with him. This is further confirmed in this episode where we learned that the rule here is that Anubis is allowed to do anything that he can otherwise do as a normal being. Or, that he cannot use his Ancients power obviously.

For that reason, another idea crossed my mind, that by fighting back against Oma, Anubis is doing what the "Others" disallow him to do, that is to use his Ancient power. I think the "Others" would have to destroy him, and possibly Oma too, depending on what punishment they have.

That's just my thoughts anyway, it was kind of hard to interpret. Anubis at first doesn't seems to be afraid about fighting Oma, he confidently said "what you're gonna do". He was only afraid when he knew what Oma was about to do, which in my opinion, wasn't clear here.

Maybe Oma even meant something else when she use the word "fight"

Of course, it may be possible that Anubis is caught in an eternal battle, but I just thought that even if thats the case, he should have broken the rule that prevent him from using the Ancient powers and the "Others" should deal with him.

The ending was nice though. I think it intentionally leave us guessing whether Sam and Jack got into a real relationship or not. One moment it looked like they did, until Teal'c and Danial show up which may suggest that its just a outing with his SG1 team

Comment

Working...
                                X