No announcement yet.

Threads (818)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was irritated as well when I found out that my box set didn't have the full length version of Threads. I just ended up getting a new season 8. It was $20 so I figured seeing the extra footage was worth it.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Full length version?

I loved this ep too bad it didnt have a DVD commentary on my set.

I paid 40 dollars for the DVD set and it had no commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by DSG1 View Post
        Full length version?

I loved this ep too bad it didnt have a DVD commentary on my set.

I paid 40 dollars for the DVD set and it had no commentary.
        I am going to assume by that question mark you don't know about the two versions of Threads. When Threads was produced to air on SciFi it was 90 minute episode. That episode was edited for a 60 minute syndication. When S8 went on DVD, it containied the 60 minute Threads version. Fans protested and as a result they changed the DVD to include the 90 minute version
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah, there's no commentary for Threads on any disk set
          sigpic

Comment

Oh ok I see. I didnt see it on Scifi. I have all the DVD's.

Yeah, The one that should of had it, didn't.

Major bummer.

Comment

I didn't know there was a ninety minute version of Threads. How weird that they would put the syndicated version on the DVD.
              sigpic
              Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
              I'm a 60%er!
              ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Yeah, isn't it? I didn't find out about the different versions until I'd been here for months. And had had the shorter version on dvd for YEARS. Boy was I mad!
                sigpic

Comment

Threads could have easily been a 2 part ep.
                  Last edited by DSG1; 20 February 2009, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Hey This Episodes Ranks up their on the top 5 for me 1) Lost City (parts 1 and 2) 2) Threads 3)window of opportunity 4)Enemies 5) Full Circle

Comment

I like Threads it's the top one for me because, Carter dumps Pete lol and the part with the Diner.

Wish it had a commentary on the DVD tho.

Comment

Loved the diner scene! Didn't care about Carter dumping Pete so much. That whole part of the plot didn't hold my interest. I don't 'ship' any of the characters, and think it takes away from the emphasis on the team (as well as being wildly inappropriate for people serving on the same unit), so I really didn't go for the implied Sam/Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by DSG1 View Post

Wish it had a commentary on the DVD tho.
                          Yeah, big disappointment
                          sigpic

Comment

I love this episode, my most memorable episode of SG1. Don't know why. The diner scenes were and still are amazing, Jim/Anubis was awesome!

Comment

I love this episode, my most memorable episode of SG1. Don't know why. The diner scenes were and still are amazing, Jim/Anubis was awesome!
                              I agree. Those diner scenes are a real stand-out, and the actor playing Jim/Anubis was excellent. There aren't very many episodes where the actors really get a chance to show their stuff longer scenes where it's all about the character's interactions--words rather than actions. This is one, 'The Abyss' is another... With actors of this calibre, it works beautifully. I just wish they'd done it more often.

Comment

I mainly watch it for the diner scenes with Jim/Oma.
                                Last edited by DSG1; 10 March 2009, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X