No announcement yet.

Threads (818)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really? You can't post a link to an episode? Or can't post links period? Because I see people posting links to vids and pics all the time. I think I'm just not understanding.

Anyway, if no one has one and/or wants to message it to me, I'll deal. Thanks.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

You know, something really confuses me about this episode. They met the Tok'ra in Season 2, yet in this episode (i think), when Jacob Carter dies they say it was 4 years, when it was actually 6, assuming that every season is a year. Oh, yeah, i've also been hearing about a 90 minute extended version. Im sure it wasn't 90 (1hr 30) but roughly an hour. 90 minutes is a bit long for one episode. But apart from those queries, brilliant episode, I'd watch again anytime!

Comment

Could someone PM me the link???
        Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by hamatau'ri View Post
          You know, something really confuses me about this episode. They met the Tok'ra in Season 2, yet in this episode (i think), when Jacob Carter dies they say it was 4 years, when it was actually 6, assuming that every season is a year.
          maybe Sam wasn't talking about their first encounter with the Tok'ra

Oh, yeah, i've also been hearing about a 90 minute extended version. Im sure it wasn't 90 (1hr 30) but roughly an hour. 90 minutes is a bit long for one episode. But apart from those queries, brilliant episode, I'd watch again anytime!
          actually it's 62 mins
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

You know, something really confuses me about this episode. They met the Tok'ra in Season 2, yet in this episode (i think), when Jacob Carter dies they say it was 4 years, when it was actually 6, assuming that every season is a year. Oh, yeah, i've also been hearing about a 90 minute extended version. Im sure it wasn't 90 (1hr 30) but roughly an hour. 90 minutes is a bit long for one episode. But apart from those queries, brilliant episode, I'd watch again anytime!
            I am watching this episode now, and thought of this: If 4 yeas from now, puts the season at season 4, but nothing noteworthy happened to Jacob in season 4, but in season 3, was when Jacob/Selmac was captured by Sokar and sent to Hell. My thought of is this is why both Jacob and Sam thought Dad should have died 4 years ago. Maybe 4 years to Them was back when the events from season 3 happened. Thought??

Also the Extended version showed on TV was 90 mins long. The first time season 8 came out on DVD with the 5 DVD Box Set (NOT THE SLIM ONE) the verson showed was 45 Mins episode. MSM came out with a Mail in offer so you can get the DVD version with the New extended version- app. 1 hr, 5 mins. I never bought the Slim Season 8 ser or the Complete series so unsure if they came with the 1hr, 5 min version of it, but going to assume since both came out AFTER that.
            Last edited by GateTrek2004; 01 September 2008, 09:39 PM. Reason: Added info about DVD
            sigpic
            Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Yeah, I remember seeing the full version when it first aired.

Are there any other episodes shortened on the dvd release other than Threads? I hope not!
              sigpic

Comment

i loved that the team finally went fishing. i loved jack's reaction whenis he found daniel in his office. the diner scene was also interesting. at least oma's not talking in circles. i am sad that jacob is dead.

Comment

Yeah, I really liked Jacob a lot. The interaction between the two was always wonderful. The diner scene was ok, but I fast forward through it now. LOL!
                  sigpic

Comment

I like that part when Jacob sais to Carter that she stil have what she want.What do you tink:1.Carter didn't understand what jacob wanted to say to her.
                    OR
                    2.Carter pretends that she doesnt understand
                    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Comment

I think Sam was so used to denying her feelings for Jack that she instantly denied she understood what Jacob was saying. But she really did understand.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                        Yeah, I remember seeing the full version when it first aired.

Are there any other episodes shortened on the dvd release other than Threads? I hope not!
                        I don't recall anyone saying anything about any other episode being shortened the way "Threads" was. But now, when I watch any episodes on my 10 season DVD collection, I always watch the time just to see how long the episode is, and so far they've all been about 42 minutes long, which seems to be the typical length of an episode (without all the commercials).
                        Last edited by hedwig; 21 September 2008, 06:48 PM.

Comment

That's good to know. Thanks!
                          sigpic

Comment

just watched it yesterday again, forget how awesome this episode was!!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

I wish they would post just the missing scenes somewhere on-line. When they first released Season 8 on DVD, they included the short version of Threads and I'd have to order the whole Season 8 just to see the long version again.

I've been watching Seasons 1-3 with an eye toward the time and they all come in around 43 minutes. These were made for Showtime so I expected there to be some things cut, but I guess not.

Children of the Gods (that DVD's missing from the set I'm watching) is supposed to have more than what would air on Sci-Fi because it was made for Showtime in the mid-90's to air like a movie. If you know anything about pay cable in the mid-90's, you probably already know that what they cut out wasn't exactly what we tune into the Stargate franchise to see.

"I have darkness inside of me!" - SpongeBob Squarepants

Comment

Yup, we know... Sha'are, and a nude scene. So weird even at the time. Oh, well.

Anyhow, I agree, I just wish they'd post the entire Threads ep on Youtube,then at least I could see it!

Comment

Working...
                                X