No announcement yet.

Threads (818)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see your point Madeleine. I never looked at it that way. I took it to be that she was surprised that he was being so kind. That she expected him to completely lose it or be very angry with her. I hope that was the way it was intended cuz if not then you're right, that was not very nice of her.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Wow. 90 minutes of heaven for me today after a horrible last two days. Love stinks, but Stargate is there for me!! I may not have gotten my Atlantis, but I got a whole SG1 episode and almost 1/2 an Atlantis episode, right? Hehe. So here I go!

Things I Liked:
      1. 90 minutes! YAY! Made my week!
      2. Mel Harris is back! You gotta love her! And the dark hair looks good when she morphs to "Meredian Oma" from Waitress Oma. Almost like a new Barbie doll.
      3. The whole ascencion issue and what happened to Daniel and Anubis has been solved. FINALLY!
      4. Sam/Jack! I'm not a shipper, I'm a slasher! But I have to say, that moment when they were watching Jacob was awesome! I have never seen a better moment before. And Jacob telling her to forget the rules and even Kerry doing it too!
      5. End of Anubis?!?! Or is it?
      6. Daniel came back! NAKED YET AGAIN! Sam was so embarrased and Bra'tac just smiled.
      7. We still have Ta'kara and Anubis didn't kill everyone! YAY!

Things I Didn't Like:
      1. Jacob/Selmak is gone! I am really going to miss them.
      2. Jack's first relationship since Laira I think and it didn't even last that long.
      3. Pete was in it. Blech!
      4. Jim was Anubis? WOAH! That was just creepy.
      5. Those Ancients and higher beings are so getting on my nerves. So stuck up and wouldn't even listen or let you touch them.
      6. Oma helped Anubis? I think she's smart enough to figure out Anubis is bad!
      7. Ancients did nothing to stop him from using the Ancient knowledge when the knowledge he got he could never have obtained if he was still a normal Goa'uld.
      8. STUPID EPISODE (though I loved it) GOT IN THE WAY OF MOEBIUS! I just can't wait for that!! But I did like the episode, just the whole, still one week till the season finale.

Good Quotes/Moments:
      1. The bowing down to Teal'c and Bra'tac scene.
      2. Jack/Sam in observation Never been so happy to see the two of them together!
      3. When Sam dumped Pete...bye bye Stalker Pete.
      4. Any scene with Oma. She is just so awesome and I love Mel Harris.
      5. WAFFLES! The weirdest thing is we had a vocab. test today and a synonym to a word was waffles and we had a huge discussion about them. Just had to throw that in.
      6. Scene with Jacob and Pete. Wow, he is stupid. Talk about awkward.
      7. When Sam shows up at Jack's house and almost tells him how she feels, but then that little redheaded bia walked out and ruined that moment. Still a good scene. And yet again, we see that beer. Alcoholic!

So I give "Threads" a 10/10 as "Reckoning, Part 2" got. Good episodes this second half. Exciting! "Moebius: Part 1" next week. I am already so excited about it.

Oh, and I forgot! SHE DUMPED PETE! I have never been so happy in m life. I almost cried because Pete deserves to be with Daniel (love that Pete-Daniel Slashers thread) or just not be with Sam. She is too good for him.

Comment

Must say I was thrown off by the death of Jacob/Selmak, having read the spoilers I knew that they seriously ill. But never in my wildest dreams did I think that they would die.

I must say I actually came close to let a tear go...never have I come that close. With Daniel...I didn't because it was his choice to leave SG-1. Janet, got closer and was an emotional episode, but I didn't shed any tears. But I got real, and I mean real close when Jacob said "I love you" to Sam. Just the expressions on both of their faces did it for me.

Maybe because Bra'tac and Jacob were my favorite recurring characters, and they seemed to be used together alot. When I say that I mean, they were often in the same episodes. As I think Peter DeLuise said, it's liking having the family come together. And I know for a fact that Amanda Tapping has said that her favorite episodes are the ones with Carmen Argenziano.

Another sad day for Stargate...especially with Jacob and Pete leaving the show. Presumably... I liked both of their characters.

BTW...It also annoyed me that they couldn't look up the correct dates. They kept saying 4 years instead of 6. Minor flaw...I'll just have to remember to think they said 6 each time I watch it from now on.

Ace
        "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
          I see your point Madeleine. I never looked at it that way. I took it to be that she was surprised that he was being so kind. That she expected him to completely lose it or be very angry with her. I hope that was the way it was intended cuz if not then you're right, that was not very nice of her.
          If she had said anythin nice to go with what she did say then I expect I'd be able to see it the same way as you. I can also see why other people don't think she was out of order, because I accept that she was taken aback by Pete's decent and sweet behaviour when he was clearly so upset.

It's just a YMMV thing, and it's probably something that a lot of people will think i'm weird for caring about or for even noticing cos it's only seconds long and it's a one-off. But I do think it's a big deal, myself.

Madeleine

Comment

I find it perplexing that episodes like Chimera and Affinity get called 'soap opera' because Sam & Jack don't get together and Sam & Pete do, and that this one gets excellent ratings because, even though it's the same type of soap-opera nonsense, Sam & Jack get together.

Methinks shippers have a set of serious double standards. I really hope Mobius screws with the timeline enough that Threads never happened.

And before anyone says it, I'm not anti-ship, I'm anti-shippers - the type of people who would call an episode good because it had ship in it, and not because it was a good episode.

Someone also mentioned that Jacob's death felt distant. I think I agree with that. I, a guy who doesn't usually do this, was in tears during Heroes 2. With Jacob's death I felt... nothing. I got worried when Bra'tac said "My last fight", but I was like "Meh" when Jacob said he was dying. It really did stink of "Last Season! Quick! End things!"

Personally, the idiotic shippiness and the terrible job AT did of this episode didn't annoy me. I could've lived with that (and the fishing, which was quite funny) if the Anubis/Oma resolution had actually been a resolution, not a fancy explosion and then... nothing.

Tannith's death in 48 Hours left a bitter taste on my mouth. The Oma/Anubis thing does as well. That bit was anti-climax personified in a 1960's diner.

BYE
            Last edited by AlphaBlu; 09 February 2005, 06:21 PM.
            "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
              I find it perplexing that episodes like Chimera and Affinity get called 'soap opera' because Sam & Jack don't get together and Sam & Pete do, and that this one gets excellent ratings because, even though it's the same type of soap-opera nonsense, Sam & Jack get together.

Methinks shippers have a set of serious double standards.
              It might be because Shippers (the Individuals) don't coordinate their opinions so much as form them Individually; so it's not really fair to shippers to imply that they're having 'double standards' just cos some of them say one thing and others say another thing. It's not compulsory for shippers to have a hive mind.

(Do Daniel fans have a serious set of double standards because Madeleine thinks MS is a Top Bloke and Alphablu doesn't? )

And before anyone says it, I'm not anti-ship, I'm anti-shippers - the type of people who would call an episode good because it had ship in it, and not because it was a good episode
              I'm not sure it's wise to announce yourself to be anti-shippers in a public place. There are dozens of shippers here, but even if there was only one, how do you think they would feel about you implying that you are anti- them just because of the stuff in an ep that makes them happy?

In short:
              Please discuss the episode. Do not discuss Shippers or any other Fan Group in this thread. If anyone wants to comment on Fan Reaction to this ep (which is only just on-topic) please try and stay positive or neutral in how you speak of other fans.

Thank you

Madeleine
              Last edited by Madeleine; 09 February 2005, 06:29 PM.

Madeleine

Comment

Thought the episode was great.

Usually i have alot of hatred for relationship stuff in shows, but they did ok with it and it didnt bother me.

Great ep, loved Jim being anubis.. he seemed like a great guy at the start lol.

sad that jocob/selmak died.

Im also pleased that they decided not to kill Ba'al in that scene near the start.

Great ep

Comment

Yes, Yes, a damn good episode.

Some good quotes:

Oma: I told you before. The galaxy YOU'RE from, the plane of existence, is so small and insignificant, compared to the rest of the universe.

Daniel: I don't care. It's wrong.

Oma: That's what you said last time.
                  -------------------------------------------

That's pretty interesting, so Oma's from a different galaxy, not really unexpected, but still interesting.

The Ascended Times was fantastic, with the mention of the wraith heading toward Atlantis.

I won't blab my thoughts, meen too much of that already; but I'll leave with two questions.

1) Did the other ancients send daniel back to earth? oma couldn't have because she'll be fight anubis forever. and they didn't seem to care much about him while he was at the diner.

2) Who in the bloody hell could be the enemy in season 9? everybody's freaking dead.......ba'al's not powerful enought to whip everybody....and interesting twist would be anubis after defeating oma, but that won't happen.......GOD, have to wait till july...grrrrr
                  Last edited by Congerking; 09 February 2005, 06:54 PM.

Comment

As just one individual shipper I have to say that my problems with Chimera weren't due to the relationship stuff being a soap opera. I'm not going to pretend that as a S/J shipper that it didn't bug me to see Sam getting together with someone other than Jack but I knew it was coming and thus prepared myself for that. My main problems with Chimera were the fact that I felt Pete was poorly written (and I actually grew to like Pete in subsequent episodes though I still did not want him with Sam) and I felt like the Daniel/Osiris story line deserved much more time than it got.

I liked Threads because the S/J stuff really wasn't that big of a part of the storyline. The main focus of the show was on Daniel (as it should have been) and the rebel Jaffa. Also there was no random S/J snogging and there was no gratuitous bedroom scene.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Oh... My... God...

Just finished watching this episode...

Random thoughts:

... OH MY GOD!

The Waffle House! I knew about 5 minutes after we saw the guy that it was Anubis!

Jacob! I cried when he died! That was so sad! I'll miss him so much!

I didn't really care too much with what was going on with Teal'c and Bra'tac. I kept on saying, "Go back to the Waffle House!"

The whole thing with the Waffle House had me laughing at first but it was just so cool. Loved the Ascended Times. Loved Oma. Wow.

She's probably dead too That's sad. Even though all that stuff she was saying in Meridian and that annoyed the hell out of me, I always like Oma.

Sam dumped Pete, and Kerry dumped Jack! Oh, like we couldn't see that coming

Loved the little bit with Jack and Sam with the little half-hug. That was cute, yet sad because of Jacob...

Favorite part has to be when Daniel shows up again at the SGC. Hehehehe.

They all go fishing!

Holy crap, I so cannot wait for the last two episodes!!

Wow. Has to be one of the best episodes of Stargate SG-1 ever! And an extra bonus with it being so long. After seeing this, I would have yelled if they only had it as the regular 42 minute ep.

Wow... Just... Wow!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                        It might be because Shippers (the Individuals) don't coordinate their opinions so much as form them Individually; so it's not really fair to shippers to imply that they're having 'double standards' just cos some of them say one thing and others say another thing. It's not compulsory for shippers to have a hive mind.
                        You've read through this thread right? The 'hive mind' thing isn't far off.

(Do Daniel fans have a serious set of double standards because Madeleine thinks MS is a Top Bloke and Alphablu doesn't? )
                        Ah, but I like Daniel because I like Dainel. MS is just the guy who plays him, and does not factor into my opinions of the character.

I'm not sure it's wise to announce yourself to be anti-shippers in a public place. There are dozens of shippers here, but even if there was only one, how do you think they would feel about you implying that you are anti- them just because of the stuff in an ep that makes them happy?
                        Two things about this:

1. I actually kinda do have to announce it. Last time I took an anti-shipper POV it was misinterpreted as me not wanting to see Jack & Sam together and I was bombarded with many, many 'Just 'cause you don't wanna see it happen doesn't mean that we can't!' messages. To avoid that happening again I thought I'd make it clear that I'm not anti-ship.

2. I don't dislike them because there are things in an episode that they like, I dislike them because an episode, good or bad, will always be coloured by that particular view. I thought Threads had many problems that had nothing to do with the shippy stuff, but I've seen so many comments that are just "OMG! Jack & Sam! 10/10!!! LOL!" and it's quite frustrating. In other words, the episode gets high marks based on that alone without any critical view of the rest of the episode.

It'd be like me liking The Changeling just because Daniel was in it. I didn't like The Changeling because Daniel was in it. I liked The Changeling because it was the best episode of Season 6 and had so many other nice things in it besides Daniel.

I have no problem with people being happy that they've seen certain things in an episode. I do have a problem with someone gushing over a particular episode due to one thing to the point where they ignore all the faults (and significant faults in the case of Threads).

This is why I simply could not stand posting over at SDJ.com when it was still called that. You couldn't have a critical discussion about a Season 6 episode because half of the replies were "Daniel wasn't in it therefore it sucks". Or any other episode for that matter where Daniel wasn't front and centre 100% of the time "Daniel wasn't in it much/he was wallpaper (I hate the word) therefore it sucks".

The same thing happens here. We have a super-anticlimactic ending to the Anubis storyline, we have the major plot point of the Jaffa Nation that needs more time given to it, we have a major character dying to serve the plot and all we get is "SQEEE! Jack & SAM! 10/10!! LOL!".

Sorry, I expected more depth.

BYE
                        Last edited by AlphaBlu; 09 February 2005, 07:30 PM.
                        "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Does all this mean that Daniel has some memories and ancient be it in his subconsious or otherwise that he could learn to access later own especially in season 9 where they are gonna explore the Ancients acendence it could be used to help develop Daniel's character as tptb have said there are some good storylines coming up for him. I hope this bodes well for season 9.
                          Last edited by rhade; 09 February 2005, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Only a shipper from this site would say that Danny and T were being chaperones. It's almost laughable.
                            I said the "chaperone" comment and I've never considered myself a "shipper" [shudders].

Obviously I didn't mean chaperoning in the active sense. Rather, I felt that the writers placed Daniel and Teal'c in the final scene, in the background with no lines as a sort of "virtual chaperone", lest any viewers mistake Jack and Sam's fishing date as a "real date".
                            To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Three words:

SG-1's finest hour.

Comment

2. I don't dislike them because there are things in an episode that they like, I dislike them because an episode, good or bad, will always be coloured by that particular view. I thought Threads had many problems that had nothing to do with the shippy stuff, but I've seen so many comments that are just "OMG! Jack & Sam! 10/10!!! LOL!" and it's quite frustrating. In other words, the episode gets high marks based on that alone without any critical view of the rest of the episode.

I have no problem with people being happy that they've seen certain things in an episode. I do have a problem with someone gushing over a particular episode due to one thing to the point where they ignore all the faults (and significant faults in the case of Threads).

This is why I simply could not stand posting over at SDJ.com when it was still called that. You couldn't have a critical discussion about a Season 6 episode because half of the replies were "Daniel wasn't in it therefore it sucks". Or any other episode for that matter where Daniel wasn't front and centre 100% of the time "Daniel wasn't in it much/he was wallpaper (I hate the word) therefore it sucks".

The same thing happens here. We have a super-anticlimactic ending to the Anubis storyline, we have the major plot point of the Jaffa Nation that needs more time given to it, we have a major character dying to serve the plot and all we get is "SQEEE! Jack & SAM! 10/10!! LOL!".

Sorry, I expected more depth.
                                Absouletly agree with you 100%!! Though I wasn't a big fan of the Changeling, I understand and agree with you.

Though I'm not a favorite of ship, I don't exactly mind it, it's just not what I look forward to in my weekly dose of Stargate. Whenever I try to say what you have said, I get those nasty red rep points... obviously I didn't state it quite right.

So to even out the score, I have added some green points to your profile, for getting the words just right. I myself nearly got kicked out of SDJ.com, after complaining that everyone there was just dissing the episodes because there wasn't enough Daniel in it, or the team ignored Daniel, or Daniel wasn't happy. Whatever the case maybe, but then the episodes of Season 6 that did have Daniel in were just adored. Even though most of the people there, swore they would never watch Season 6 because Daniel wasn't a main character anymore.

It's not that I'm anti-ship or anti-Daniel, I guess I just don't like the extremes because they influence everyone's opinion of what are usually high quality stargate episodes. Anyway, you stated far better than I ever could, so I'll just stop talking and have everybody just look up and reread your post for my point!

Ace
                                "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Working...
                                X