Reckoning, Part 2 (817)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erin
    I think this episode was the best of season 8. Perhaps the best action-packed episode of all time. If I hadn't read all the spoilers, I would have thought everyone was going to die at the end!!! Well I guess Daniel died again. "Danny's World' is that what he said?

I thought Amanda Tapping and Michael Shanks did the best acting ever! They have great chemistry and I loved the cheesy evil grin RepliCarter had the entire time! AH! Scary!

Overall, wow, I am amazed.
    "More time in Danny's world." That was great... it was so.... so... mmmmmmmmmmmm.... I'm ok.... I... he... I... he... Danny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew it was coming but I still didn't expect it... with the blood dripping from the corner of his mouth... oh... and the slow closing of his eyes.... at least this time you can actually see his face as he dies. I think that's a good thing.

Sonya's Fanfiction:

Don't make a move tonight, you can only stagger
    Once she's got you in her sight you're the one she's after.
    One by one you count the fights, doesn't even matter
    That she's got you by surprise, misery's your master.

Comment

Yaaay! This episode was really, really good. Not the best in SG-1 history, but probably the best this season.

Poor Daniel, there's another check for how many times he's died. It seems like he's always taking one step forward and two steps back. He accesses the mind of Replicarter, but he dies. *sigh*

The Ancient weapon was amazing (not as impressive as blowing up a sun though ) and I loved the parts with Ba'al in it. Especially at the end when Bra'tac and all the jaffa come running in and he just laughs and beams away.

OK, the Stargates activating- am I the only person that thought of the beacon lighting in ROTK?
      Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
      RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
        OK, the Stargates activating- am I the only person that thought of the beacon lighting in ROTK?
        Now that you mention it, I do get a sense of that. I rave about the Lord of the Rings too. When the top of that weapon opened on the planet I half expected a green beam to shoot out.
        That I should love a bright, particular star.

Comment

It was like the beacon lights in ROTK. I was almost expecting Siler to run out of the control room and yell. "The beacons are lit. The beacons of Minas Tirith are lit. Gondor calls for aid!" Alas, it did not happen. That's so awesome. I love this episode. It does kinda seem like Daniel does something really awesome that will save the galazy, then he dies. Like Meridian... he saved Kelowna.... but he died. He's gotta stop dying... but I understand... it leads to threads... can't wait to see it.

Sonya's Fanfiction:

Don't make a move tonight, you can only stagger
          Once she's got you in her sight you're the one she's after.
          One by one you count the fights, doesn't even matter
          That she's got you by surprise, misery's your master.

Comment

Now see, THIS sort of episode is why I LOVE Stargate!
            I'm pretty much in the wait and see camp re:season 9, but Reckoning 1 and 2 FELT like a series finale to me, and what a way to go! The slightly sadistic side of me thinks it would have been great to end it here (altho I would have been howling at not knowing what happened to Daniel )

What did I like?
            The cohesion, it FELT like a team ep, even if they weren't together. The sense of peril, that one or more of them might not make it. I liked Daniel's re-awakening and sense of power, his whole attitude to Replicarter, the gradual shift from resignation to strength and power (I particularly liked his "You lied to me!" slightly scolding and berating tone, LOL! ). The way his death wasn't going out in a blaze of glory, but that he was alone, how he just slid down the wall, EXCELLENT!
            I'm not sorry to see the end of the Replicators, I was never a huge fan, altho I found the human forms much more interesting than the bugs. (altho it still feels like they might be resurrected if TPTB get desperate ).
            LOVE Baal, his smugness and arrogance even tho he KNOWS they know he's not a god. I'm glad he sneaked away to torment us another day. I'm still disturbed to see Jack acting so blase with Baal given the events in Abyss, I feel like the emotional consequences of that were never dealt with.

This episode felt like it had SOUL, I thoroughly enjoyed watching it, and at the end the first thing I wanted to do was come find a bunch of people to talk it over with. I haven't felt like that about an episode of SG-1 in a long time, and realising that saddens me.
            So, PTB, MORE LIKE THIS PLEASE Eps like this give me hope for season 9, I'm really really hoping they rise to the occasion and enthrall me all over again

Comment

What a great episode. I liked the fact that they had many different places, all fighting the same thing, in their own way, that was neat.
              I also enjoyed Ba'al's presence in helping Jacob/Selmak and Sam. In fact, I always enjoy Ba'al

Yeap, that was just cool; the idea that ALL the usuable gates activating at the same time, over the entire galaxy gave me the same chills that the beacons did in RotK.

http://queenkale.deviantart.com
              "Man's main task in life is to give birth to himself, to become what he potentially is.
              The most important product of his effort is his own personaility."-Erich Framm
              "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing
              Only I will remain."

Comment

This was the best episode of Season 8, without a doubt.

I just wish someone had spared 2 seconds to be worried about Daniel.

The last ten minutes: what a perfect editing job someone did. It was really awesome.

Dana Jeanne
                Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthespirit
                  I didn't expect Daniel to be killed again at the end of the episode. Of course, it's pretty predictable even not knowing any spoilers that he's going to ascend again. I think they should have added a scene showing the cast actually *emoting* over Daniel's death, the same way they did in Meridian.
                  Well, they kinda did, just more subtly. After all, if you notice, it seems Carter's about to say something at the end that she just can't find the words to; probably something along the lines of how slim the odds of Daniel having survived were given where he was at the time. Then the look on Jack's face seems to indicate both concern and denial. So, basically, it just wasn't blatant this time, but still there.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Bloodaxe
                    Well, they kinda did, just more subtly. After all, if you notice, it seems Carter's about to say something at the end that she just can't find the words to; probably something along the lines of how slim the odds of Daniel having survived were given where he was at the time. Then the look on Jack's face seems to indicate both concern and denial. So, basically, it just wasn't blatant this time, but still there.

-Bloodaxe
                    Jack's lack of emoting over Daniel gets touched apon next week.

-IMF
                    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

DANG!

This episode was the best I can remember in a long time...I think it competes with Unnatural Selection for my supreme affection.

The Human Form Replicators are the best.
                      Indeed they are. It saddens me for them to go...but I suppose it had to happen eventually.

I loved Ba'al in this one; I've always kind of liked Ba'al, but he's gotta be my favorite Goa'uld after this. I loved the way he said "I am a god." It was so gorgeously sarcastic. And Jack was just awesome in this episode; I like him when he's funny, but I LOVE him when he's commanding.

Daniel's death was so sudden, though I loved the way he overpowered Replicarter.
                      Last edited by yasureubetcha; 04 March 2005, 10:13 PM. Reason: Grammatical error...grr.

Comment

I mean, come on, Daniel dies ALL THE TIME. He should get a little tatoo tally of all the times he's died.

"Yeah, this one was for disrespecting Ra, this one was where I heroically defended the rest of SG-1 from Apothos' Jaffa, this one...well...actually this one was more of a robot than actually me, but I still think it counts..."
                        FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Originally posted by Avalar
                          This episode is one of the best of the series. Ever. That's all I'm going to say.
                          Amen. I couldn't say it better.

IMO, this is, hands down, the best two episodes of the series--even more so than Full Circle, Abyss, etc. I think I'm even more impressed that it was so good considering how little team interaction there was--but I guess that's because the episodes work so well with each of the invidual team members making such important contributions to the overall plot.

Sadly, this is the kind of episode that makes me really wish they weren't doing a 9th season; while I certainly don't condemn anyone who chooses to do so, I don't think I can bring myself to watch it come July (especially what with all the continuing changes I keep reading about.) Stargate cannot, will not, DOES not get better than this! (Though I do still look forward to Threads and Moebius--I yelled at the television when the screen faded to black.)

Wow, I saw ROTK 24 times and I didn't even notice the correlation between the lighting of the beacons and the opening of the gates--what is wrong with me? Heh, I like that connection, though.

Anyway, just wanted to add my two cents, because I enjoyed these two episodes so much, it made me not only love the Stargate franchise even more, it reminded me *why* I love Stargate so much.
                          Metroids are not pets
                          Metroids are not for target practice
                          Any unauthorized feeding of metroids is prohibited

Comment

SciFiGeek, I think its best to look at s9 as a whole new series that ripped off the SG-1 sets, props, costumes, and most of the actors.

Otherwise its Farscape (and from what Ive read of s9, I'd say that even if Browder and Black werent in it)

So, no need to almost wish they werent doing a s9, because they sort of arent!
                            FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiGeek
                              Sadly, this is the kind of episode that makes me really wish they weren't doing a 9th season; while I certainly don't condemn anyone who chooses to do so, I don't think I can bring myself to watch it come July (especially what with all the continuing changes I keep reading about.) Stargate cannot, will not, DOES not get better than this!
                              I wouldn't rule out that possibility, actually. After all, those are some of the same claims that could've been made about "Lost City" or even "Full Circle", and yet these episodes came along to blow those out of the water, so it very well may be possible for them to still have episodes that are even better, and I certainly hope such episodes will exist next season.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Bloodaxe
                                I wouldn't rule out that possibility, actually. After all, those are some of the same claims that could've been made about "Lost City" or even "Full Circle", and yet these episodes came along to blow those out of the water, so it very well may be possible for them to still have episodes that are even better, and I certainly hope such episodes will exist next season.

-Bloodaxe
                                I agree, after Season 5, i thought the show was just gonna be bad for me, then S6 wasn't so horrible after all, then S7 came along, and yah, the bad became worse, with a couple of good episodes only, i almost lost faith of anything good comming. Then S8 came along, for me, there is a more consistant amount of good episodes, right when i thought the writers have gotten a writers block.
                                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Working...
                                X