Full Alert (814)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chevron_nine
    Normally I don't notice any real differences between PAL and NTSC but there's definately a difference in Kinsey's voice, well at least to my ears. Lots of people obtain eps from the internet but they're used to watching eps in North America, so they might be the one's complaining. I personally found something "off" about his goa'ulded voice.
    <nods> I, too notice a difference in sound between Euro-Goa'uld and NA Goa'uld. Also, Euro-Sam sounds very different from NA Sam. I have to say that I prefer Na to Euro-Sam, but the Goa'uld flange doesn't bother me one way or the other.
    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
    "In every life there is a terrible fight ā€“ a fight between two wolves.
    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Which is closer to AT's real voice? PAL or NTSC.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
        Which is closer to AT's real voice? PAL or NTSC.
        That would obviously be the original version, which is NTSC.
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

So if she goes to England and does a movie the PAL one will be her real one?

Comment

At least it's not dubbed in Gaelic, you guys would have a really hard time.

But seriously, I think Kinsey's voice was a little off from the accent, remember it's just the normal actors voice with the pitch changed, that's the reason Apophis kept on slipping into a deep Jamaican accent, not that theres anything wrong with that.

Comment

1. Goa'uld exploiting Earth politics - interesting.

2. Is it me or is the Trust getting Goa'ulded a little cliche?

3. Nice work between Jack and Checkov.
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                So if she goes to England and does a movie the PAL one will be her real one?
                If it is shot on PAL video, then yes.
                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I thought that that was a good way of getting rid of the Trust. It was cool to finally see who made up the Trust. But the Trust is gone.....or is it!
                  Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Where is Kinsey gone to ?? He grabbed the ribbon device and that was the last thing we saw.I think he was heading to the ring transporter but rings automaticly detect others so if he ringed out he should be back in the prometheus,not? I don't think that he got to the ring transport in Antartica because that is the only thing that I can remember that there is a ring transporter.Maybe it was moved away and the Trust get there hand on the ringtransporter but I don't think so.Any idea's where he could have been?How many ringtransporters does Earth have.One on Antartica and one in the Prometheus
                    Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                      Where is Kinsey gone to ?? He grabbed the ribbon device and that was the last thing we saw.I think he was heading to the ring transporter but rings automaticly detect others so if he ringed out he should be back in the prometheus,not? I don't think that he got to the ring transport in Antartica because that is the only thing that I can remember that there is a ring transporter.Maybe it was moved away and the Trust get there hand on the ringtransporter but I don't think so.Any idea's where he could have been?How many ringtransporters does Earth have.One on Antartica and one in the Prometheus
                      The thing is, we have no idea how long the goa'uld-ed Trust have been operating on Earth. They may have brought and set up their own ring transport systems in safe houses anywhere on the planet. Perhaps the hand device has controls that allow Kinsey to "dial" any one of these safe houses.

He could be anywhere.
                      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                      "In every life there is a terrible fight ā€“ a fight between two wolves.
                      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Davinder
                        Another thing:

I never realised how much Russia looked like British Columbia.
                        that's ok, so does colorado
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

you know, i would imagine that alkash are like teltacs...and they have escape pods

anyone else get the ultimate irony.

ok, first of all, i joked a couple of years ago that kinsey was a goauld

however, kinsey's fallback position has always been to depend up on god to save earth....from creatures who rise to power pretending to BE gods...and his fate is to get snaked.

it's just lovely poetic justice
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I thought this episode was great. Jack was in command mode, very much in charge and on target. Sam, Daniel and Teal'c were each performing at what they did best. Kinsey was great as a goa'uld. There was lots of action. It was one of the best I've seen this year.

I don't think Kinsey's dead. That woudl be too easy. I'm looking forward to where they're going with this story line though. Will Kinsey eventually have to be destroyed, or will they be able to remove the goa'uld, and if so, what kind of angst will that provide for Kinsey, knowing that he was used for the exact purpose he was fighting against?

Loved the interaction between Daniel and Veronikova. I hope we see her again in the future. Saw much more chemistry between the two of them than Daniel/Vala.
                            sigpic

Comment

Shock, horror...another truely lousy episode in the long line of stinkers that has been season eight.
                              I knew within the first two minutes that it was going to be crap and when...ahem... the writing credit came up, I knew I'd have plenty of time in the next 43 mins to do the dishes and whatever else.
                              Thus far, I've seen 15 or so eps of S8-2 have been O.K., 13 have been lousy to say the least.
                              People are raving over Reckoning which I haven't seen yet. I'll reserve judgement as people seem to exagggerate the quality of the season 8 eps thus far.
                              It really is dispiriting just how bad this season has been.
                              Honestly, I now officially REFUSE to watch any eps that feature the tiresome TRUST. I know they were supposedly blown up, but I'm sure someone will get the bright idea to bring them back for another waste of 43 minutes.

Comment

Iā€™d like to say that I was very happy with Full Alert. Ever since Politics in the first season I have hated Kinsey and now that he is a snake head I know that he will die at some point(sooner more than later). I also liked the fact the Daniel is not so good with languages as we where led to believe(it makes him a more realistic character).
                                The 360 is out in Aus and I'm playing
                                Mal: Was that the primary buffer panel?
                                Wash: It did seem to resemble-
                                Mal: Did the primary bufferpanel just fall off my gorramn ship for no apparent rerason?

Comment

Working...
                                X