Full Alert (814)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jolinarsam
    I'm of the opposite opinion. The Trust wasn't that interesting for me cause they were like every other criminal of every other show. Making them goa'uld made it a little more exciting for me. They have more potential as goa'ulds. It's also fun trying to guess who's a goa'uld and at what point they were possessed.
    I agree with you it was nice unexpected twist.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I'm wondering how the Goauld angle is going to play out next year. Carter said that they could have brought a lot of symbiots. What is the higher agenda?

Comment

I liked the female Russian captain.

I don't want to read through the whole thread, so this may be brought up and asked before. Does anyone know which System Lord the guys from the Trust work for now, since being implanted with a symboit?

Otherwise it was an okay episode.

Comment

They never say outright who the goa'ulded Trust was working for. Daniel assumes that its the system lords, but Kinsey never gave details.

Spoiler for Icon and Covenant:

The Icon 'reference' I was thinking of was when the Russians begain to loose control of their nukes to the Goa'duled general, much the way the war begain in Icon. I find Icon more intersting because of this, since it seems it was actualy foreshadowing events of the season, this episode, and Covenant, when the secret of the gate is nearly revealed, the very secret which destroyed the nations in Icon. It could have just been another Daniel Jackson trapped somewhere episode, but instead the writers chose to give it some latter meaning as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jolinarsam
            I'm of the opposite opinion. The Trust wasn't that interesting for me cause they were like every other criminal of every other show. Making them goa'uld made it a little more exciting for me. They have more potential as goa'ulds. It's also fun trying to guess who's a goa'uld and at what point they were possessed.
            Well, I thought the point was that if you acted dishonorably and with folks like Kinsey, it makes you MORE vulnerable to the goa'ulds, because you're working in the same playground as they do...but they've had centuries more experience to get better at it. To a certain extent, being the heroes DOES give you an advantage (if you're smart) because you're less vulnerable to goa'uld tactics [because of your ethical base] and somewhat less predictable to their mind set.

Comment

I guess I'm the oppisite of most people then.

*sighs*

Besides that, I believed this was way too predictable. It honestly felt like the writers had no idea how to get rid of the Trust through Earth-bound, political-bound ways and so they took the easy way out.

Whoopy, more Gao'uld bad guys that they get to blow up.

Of course, I'm just restating what I've said already.
              *Insert something really cool here*

Comment

Parts were predictable, but that doesn't mean they weren't done much better than most episodes this season. Give me something that I can watch without having my inteligence insulted to many times and I'll be happy - Full Alert was one of the few episodes that did that.

Predictability, by the way, insults my intelligence less than things like bad plots, stupid writing, etc. At least when you're predictable, you can still film it well, like in Full Alert (also, anyone who watches 24 can tell you that predictability is okay if it's done well).

So, I agree that kinsey gua'oulded was obvious, but they didn't do it poorly, so I was satisfied. It's plots like Prometheus Unbound and jokes and endings like It's Good to be King that really urk the crap out of me, because they should have been thought out much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                  *Jack and Kinsey scenes at the beginning were fun - you can really tell RDA lifts his game working with Ronny Cox. And Jack carries a gun when he goes to buy groceries - who knew? Guess I don't blame him with all he's been thru.
                  What? Everyone doesn't do that?

Sorry...couldn't resist...

Comment

One of the scenes I found funny was when Jack was going to call the sheriff on his cordless, Kinsey unplugged it. Jack just pulls his cell out of his pocket. The look on Kinsey's face was funny.

Comment

hre's some silly trivia/supposition

the name of the three trust guys are
                      mr parker
                      mr wayne
                      mr kent

ok, joe and paul wrote it and joe likes comic books and it can't be a coincidence that

Peter Parker
                      Bruce Wayne
                      Clark Kent

the civilian personalities for Spiderman, Batman and Superman are the same names
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

mr parker
                        mr wayne
                        mr kent

ok, joe and paul wrote it and joe likes comic books and it can't be a coincidence that

Peter Parker
                        Bruce Wayne
                        Clark Kent

the civilian personalities for Spiderman, Batman and Superman are the same names
                        Interesting tidbit. All my childhood favorites.
                        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

mr parker
                          mr wayne
                          mr kent

Peter Parker
                          Bruce Wayne
                          Clark Kent

Mine too.

Comment

Ok. Quick post B4 GW dies again.

Good ep. Well acted, well written. Good Jack action. Kinsey snaking a little obvious, but oterwise a good ep.
                            sigpic

Comment

A nice round the world trip for daniel with more russians goa'ulds and propaganda then you can shake a stick at.
                              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by zats
                                What? Everyone doesn't do that?

Sorry...couldn't resist...
                                lol if you did that over here ud be shot by any armed cop even if u where off duty military but wudnt u be tempted to shoot those ppl on there phones the wjhole time asking for a decision on beans

Comment

Working...
                                X