Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shelsfc
    And Daniel in a suit
    Pinstripe, no less! I think he's upgraded his wardrobe for such occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
      Dear SG-1,
      I don't know if you know this, but there is such a thing as too many twists. Now, I've missed the previous three episodes, and I finally was able to catch this one. I sat, I watched, I was disgusted.

There were to many twists. If you had introduced another double cross, another 'ooo' he might be the enemy, I would have gotten up, and walked out of the room.

Please don't attempt another episode like this again. It's not that I didn't understand it, it was that I just didn't like it as opposed to other episodes you have produced. Mixing sci-fi and espinoge is not a good combination. Please stay away from such a combination in the future.

- Steven

P.S.: I hope you keep Kinsey dead. Also, MikitaProductions was on the side of the van. I guess that ranks up there with 'Introductory Latin by J. Mazolli'.

Worst episode this season. WORST!
      1) Be glad you missed the last three episodes. Be very glad you watched this one - it was one of the best (if not the best) of the season.

2) Too many plot twists? Politics and sci-fi not mixing? Ever heard of a little show called THE X-FILES. I agree that stargate should have never dabbled into this world, but they have so it's too late to go back. And for once, they produced a political episode that was GOOD. There nothing about the quote-on-quote plot twists that was too hard to believe, and lots of things just stemmed out logically from the last part. This was in no way too dependant on plot twists. The x-files and shows like 24 are have much more plot twists than this and they pulled it off, and stargate should have had less (which they did) because they're not as politically inclined as those other shows (which are better than stargate, but that's a mute point).

Well done stargate team - one of the only nods of approval you deserve for this mostly attrocious season.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
        I have never been so disappointed with an Sg1 epsiode in my life. I never liked Jack's character when he was with Russians. He has an ignorent, assanine temper about something that happened eons ago. What the heck is his problem??
        You must be too young to remember the Cold War. Remember Jack was in the AF during it--I imagine it's hard for him to accept that the Russians are our friends now. We never really trusted them even when they were our allies in World War II.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
          Did we even watch the same episode?

I found Jack's relationship with Colonel Chekhov very comfortable and cooperative. During their conversations, they're both basically relaying their respective governments attitudes and reactions. And it was through Jack's discussion with the Russian president that the situation was finally resolved. So where exactly was Jack displaying his "ignorent, assanine temper"?

He seems to have mellowed a bit re: Chekhov. But I think he still mistrusts the Russians generally.

Comment

Well so far this second half of season 8 has had me happier about the overall interaction of the *Team*. I really enjoyed the episode and was once again just plain entertained

Even though the whole gang was going off in different directions thay were all working towards a common goal and THAT for me makes the episode alot better then when there are two or three different storylines going.

All of the characters were doing things I believe they do best...Jack was FULLY there for me and THAT was a wonderful thig He was making decisions and dealing with things like he always does BUT on a grander scale....Sam got to do techy things in her lab and shine that way...Daniel, who always wants to talk everything to death...got to talk AND beam out Teal'c got to go and be a fighter in a sense....jumping on the ship to go get the bad guys... and Kinsey well you just love to NOT trust him I was just really happy for the 43 minutes this was on my TV
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I knew I was in trouble when I thought there must be about 10 minutes left and I looked at the clock and it was only half over!

Actually, I liked the story and some of the twists but the episode just seemed devoid of tension and just kind of dragged along.

There were some nice bits of course

*Jack and Kinsey scenes at the beginning were fun - you can really tell RDA lifts his game working with Ronny Cox. And Jack carries a gun when he goes to buy groceries - who knew? Guess I don't blame him with all he's been thru.

*Jack was actually smart and nicely snarky (rather than silly) and generally acting like a General in this one. I really enjoyed him and I actually thought he came across pretty well dealing with Chekhov.

*Speaking of Chekhov - nice to see him again as well

*Enjoyed the twist of the Trust being infiltrated by the Goa'uld - although it's weird to see all these normal looking guys running around talking like Goa'uld's. I've gotten used to the posturing of over-dressed guys like Apophis and Anubis and Ba'al.

*Daniel and Daria's scenes in Russia were a lot of fun. Daniel looked good in his suit.

And.....let's see

*Sam had a lot of technobabble stuff. Teal'c was........there.

All in all - I thought it was an interesting story and should have been engrossing. It just seemed to lack......something.
              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                And Jack carries a gun when he goes to buy groceries - who knew? Guess I don't blame him with all he's been thru.
                Yeah, that really brought me up short.

Overall, I thought this ep was pretty good, not perfect, but, hey, what is? Jack mostly sounded like he had a brain when dealing with things. Lately, RDA's 'cosmic giddiness' is starting to get on my nerves. The Trust being goa'ulded was a nice plot twist. And everyone had something to do. I was satisfied.

I just wish TPTB would cover Teal'c up some--the biceps are too distracting.

Proud Member-Hussies Union, Local # 69

Comment

Hello Campers,

Hmmm "Full Alert" -- What's there not to say? It was a great episode in my opinion...

* So it took place on Earth and there was no Gate usage -- but who cares?

* The team was together -- albeit in different places -- but they were all working towards the same goal at the same time.

* They were all doing what they're good at: Carter: techno tinkering; Teal'c: Looking scary; Daniel: being the linguistic geek; and O'Neill: running with his gut instinct and making poignant comments along the way

* Kinsey is much more pleasant when he's not behind a desk. I couldn't see him as the same "bad guy" who's been trying to shut down the Gate for the last 8 years

* TPTB are certainly getting their money's worth on the Promethuous set this season

* The whole Kinsey unplugging O'Neill's phone only to have O'Neill reach for his cell was a hoot (sorry, I can be simple minded)

Overall, I think the show flowed great. Ended a little sticky -- but it faded out on Mr. RDA so, no qualums. And, okay, I have to say it -- I'm SO glad there was a decent amount of RDA in this one. For me anyway, he makes the show and has been the backbone of it ever since O'Neill was first shown on his roof 8 years ago. Just the little things he does -- yeah, I'm off on a tangent. Sorry. But, anyway, good show. Probably one of the best this season and it beats the socks off the other political shows that they have tried in the past.
                  Bander

"LTS" -- Mr. Richard Dean Anderson

"I only understand one percent of what she says half the time." -- Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

i wonder what happened to kinsey?

its good to be king was better.
                    come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                      I seem to have touched a nerve.

Full Alert has proved one thing. There can never be too much politics when it comes to Sci Fi.

Well, politics aside, you have to take some human traits into consideration when you write people who are believable as characters. It doesn't matter if it's sci-fi or romance because people are partially a product of their environment and taking that environment into consideration you have to consider even the political environment of the universe in question and for some reason in the Stargate universe while being partially based on the real world situation, it has its differences as well. For some reason the Stargate universe has some rather difficult to work with political leaders in the former USSR while the US military types still had some fairly hairy situations with the USSR before it fell (cause evidently it did so in the show as well as evidenced by Bob's lines about his dealings with them before hand) and it has effected their attitudes in the post cold war years... They're not the most trusting people in the world, cause they're military and military personel are taught to be distrusting towards those who can be a threat.

Jack is the true charicature of the American soldier. It's hard to tell with him sometimes. He doesn't like to see people hurt, yet he thinks everything should be done the Earth way - which hasn't helped anybody so far. I agree that his character feels like a human being - not one I particularly like but a human being. I like him better than McGyver, anyway.

Well, Jack has his own personal shortcomings. He's not perfect which is great because it means he's a 'human' character. In other words he is capable of mistakes and he has made MANY during the course of the show including but not limited to his attitude towards the tok'ra, his treatment of Fifth and eating wedding cake when there was no groom.

I bet that mulitlingual understanding has helped us out in those pesky Arab countries, hasn't it?

Are you bringing real world government discussions into the forum? This isn't a good idea even if you're comparing the differences and simularities of the governmental situations in the show and in the real world.. In the SHOW, Jack has done missions in the Arab world, which can be figured out in some of his preparedness and some conversations he's had with others who were evidently serving with him on those operations and it has effected him a good deal... Now in the real world the middle east situation is FAR more complex and confusing to go into in depth in this forum so we'll just leave it at that... BTW when studying it and trying to understand it it's hard to say that anybody is right when you look at what everybody is doing but that's all I'm going to say...

OKay, if it's a goofy gripe, why are you responding?

Merely to say it's a goofy gripe.. I thought that it's sorta silly that you'd react that strongly to them wearing tank tops... They're cooler and possibly more comfortable depending on the individucal's personal tastes.. Personally I'd probably shy away from wearing one cause it's cold here and I don't really like wearing something barely there either cause it feels pointless to me. In respect to the show, it's not as if they're showing MORE skin now than they have in the past. I mean for crying out loud if you've seen the uncensored pilot episode then you'd notice that Daniel's wife gets stripped naked in that one and to date that is FAR more skin than anything they show now... One might think the only reason to begrudge them wearing something like that is either jealousy or something else like that, that's personal and perhaps something to look into.

And don't tell me you haven't noticed he's wearing nothing but muscle shirts nowadays. Carter has them even, it's turning into the battle of the buff and it's kind of silly.

What do muscle shirts have to do with Airborn teams and paramilitary tactics?

Well tank tops are a common undershirt and if you're not being very formal you might choose to wear them alone if you feel comfortable like that. Muscle shirts have nothing to do with paramilitary tactics or teams but MUSCLES do have a lot to do with Airborn operations and strength and even any kind of warrior culture so all three military (and military-like) members would of course keep themselves in shape plus oddly enough most anthropoligsts who are field workers are also usually quite tough... You have to be in some kind of shape when you're hiking around dig sites and crawling around in ancient ruins... However don't forget that some sex appeal is also a good thing for ratings. You can't tell me that people watched Buffy because of the strong plot lines. No most men who were watching either were watching or started watching to stare at 'Buffy' so the actors have probably been told they should try to look their best. However there is probably also some amount of vanity that goes into their posturing however since it isn't a KEY part of the show it's not usually distracting except perhaps for you and a few others... I actually don't pay any attention to it but if you're going to gripe about it you should be prepared to be poked fun at for the gripe. Try watching the episodes without focusing on the posing if it's distracting you.

Ahh ... the American opinion, I suppose?

...And one more thing, did I offend somebody?

Hmmm... Are you saying my opionion is the "American opinion" or yours is.. anyway, about American opionions, you have to figure that they are the product of their environment and if you've watched the news in the country it's really freeky and the official statements coming from the top guys looks so much like Kinsey's rants that anybody could go absolutely nuts if they pay too much attention... But anyway, Jack will have an "American Opionion" since he's an American General. It's the nature of the characters..

and no, not offend just confuse.. hehe... It's sorta like when you are out with your friends and you hear somebody say something like, "And that's how my dog ended up married to my cousin." And you spin around to try to see who said that so you can ask them, "how can your dog marry your cousin?" or "is your cousin a dog?" or "Didn't your state just make marriages like that illegal?" The many many questions you want to ask are too numerous but when you turn around they're GONE and you're just left there wondering how did his cousin end up marrying a dog, and how can that even happen and what short sighted or blind minister or priest would actually conduct such a ceremony? After a few hours or days depending on your personal psychy you may then have a horrible nervous or mental breakdown and perhaps even actual damage to the brain cells and as your brain explodes you collapse into a heap on the ground crying wimpering. This was just my opportunity to actually ask, "WHAT?" I mean lines like, "StarGate, help me out here, please, I'm begging you ...." just makes me go, "does this guy realize that the stargate can not hear them?" or even things like "They could establish a quarantine or prevent foreigners from entering thier country" when the thing we're talking about is an entire COUNTRY being put in quarantine and figuring that it'd be more difficult to keep them in check especially if they figure out how to use tools of any kind and even worse if they figure out how the weapons work... I mean, this was just out right confusing how that could be suggested.. Anyway, this is just fun to mess about with anyway... I'm not exactly all that serious anyway... It's all meant in fun.

Anyway, take care..

Comment

Originally posted by keppiezbt
                        i wonder what happened to kinsey?

its good to be king was better.
                        No way - IGTBK had crummy jokes for the most part while Full Alert's jokes were better. Plus, although Full Alert was suspense more than action, the action ending of IGTBK sucked horribly. Full Alert's ending, although too abrupt, was much much better.

Full Alert is one of the few episodes that deserved air time. IGTBK needed some major re-working, but not as bad as Prometheus Unbound or Icon did.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandersnatch
                          * The whole Kinsey unplugging O'Neill's phone only to have O'Neill reach for his cell was a hoot (sorry, I can be simple minded)

Overall, I think the show flowed great. Ended a little sticky -- but it faded out on Mr. RDA so, no qualums. And, okay, I have to say it -- I'm SO glad there was a decent amount of RDA in this one. For me anyway, he makes the show and has been the backbone of it ever since O'Neill was first shown on his roof 8 years ago. Just the little things he does -- yeah, I'm off on a tangent. Sorry. But, anyway, good show. Probably one of the best this season and it beats the socks off the other political shows that they have tried in the past.
                          IMO it was a good ep. It don't have me asking where O'Neill was at. I thought the scenes between Kinsey and Jack made the ep. Good show better than Convenant and Affinty.
                          "Basically, what I'm saying is that I am colossally flawed, so if you don't like my opinions, exercise your freedoms and disagree. Or, quite frankly, don't read any further, as that is also your right." (Micheal Shanks' TV Guide Blog, May 17, 2007)

Comment

I really liked this episode. Jack wound up working with two people he really didn't like. One ended up as a Goa'uld and one ended up having some nice chracterization. I loved the music (the vocal part when they showed the scene of Kinsey in the Al'kesh when it was getting fired at. Wish they would do it more often), and we got a lot more Jack then we have been getting! Daniel was a little humerous, and I loved the opening scenes with the Jack/Kinsey dialogue. I think SG-1 is definitely starting to get its life back.
                            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Well, I loved it. I hope we see this followed up on next season... There's no way to know if all of the Goa'uld were on that Alkesh.

Also, it's great to see Jack growing into his role as a General.

I thought Stargate Command didn't do that sort of thing.

Well, we're under new management.

Comment

I liked the Jack/Kinsey banter. "I must have missed an episode." LOL!

Yet again, Teal'c parades around in sleeveless. Why can't he wear the standard uniform like everyone else does? Speaking of Teal'c, how about that pimped up Expedition he was driving? Does the SGC have SUVs like that are their disposal or did Teal'c get on Pimp My Ride and didn't tell us?

I was distracted the last half hour of the ep by Daniel in that gorgeous suit. Did I miss anything pertinent?

Comment

Working...
                                X