It's Good To Be King (813)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Contondant
    Am I the only one who really didn't like this episode? The small amount of dialogue between Maybourne and Jack was good and yet small. But the rest of the episode felt hastened and cheap. I never actually got the impression the planet was in any kind of peril. The Jaffa first-prime was a joke with a high raspy voice who couldn't command any slave-villagers right. He really didn't seem that bad (maybe if he had killed that woman after all, it would have worked) and Teal'k was able to take him out way too easily. I don't believe for one second that two ancient missiles could destroy a mothership and if they could, why were thousands upon thousands of them sent into the air to take out a few dozen targets in earth's atmosphere in "The Lost City"?

But my major qualm was with the set. This is a show which blows us away with it's quality production every week, but the castle set looked cheap and like it was made of cardboard, not to mention tiny (for a village).

All in all, and episode which left me wondering "Am I watching the right channel?"
    I agree completely - it wasn't very well done at all.

Comment

Hmmm, I'm quite certain I heard somewhere (I thought it was in an Atlantis episode, but it may have been in some behind the scenes thing) that the Pegasus gates are larger??
      Well, I have been wrong before, maybe you're right. But I still think there's no real size difference between the two designs
      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Hmmm, I'm quite certain I heard somewhere (I thought it was in an Atlantis episode, but it may have been in some behind the scenes thing) that the Pegasus gates are larger??
        I've never heard that. It certainly has not been said on Atlantis.
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Ok, well I guess I stand corrected regarding the size. I may have read that in a teaser for the series, possibly here at gateworld, when it was just an idea or something. Hell, I might have made it up in my mind. But now I'm seeing several sources all saying they are of the same size (including Gateworld).
          Sorry about that.

Comment

Ok, well I guess I stand corrected regarding the size. I may have read that in a teaser for the series, possibly here at gateworld, when it was just an idea or something. Hell, I might have made it up in my mind. But now I'm seeing several sources all saying they are of the same size (including Gateworld).
            Sorry about that.
            I suppose I can forgive you.

Ah, no problem. Hey, before Atlantis came out, I thought that the Wraith might've come from this galaxy! Shows you how much you can get mixed up with all the complicated stuff in this series.
            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

cheers

Comment

I put this in my pile as one of my favorites Good character interaction.
                It feels good to be alive.
                Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

I liked this one quite a bit but not as much as the earlier episodes that put Maybourne and Jack together. Like Harry better when he's out for himself rather than being a good guy, heh. All in all though, he's always fun.
                  http://www.ergoblog.com/

Comment

Anyone have a screen capture of the 'Guango"?

Comment

i watched this ep for the first time last night and i was thinking. This may have been said but i can't really be bothered reading this whole thread but since there was an ancient goin through time and recording everything that means that the ancient would have to be there whilst SG1 was there to know this, from the tribes people one really stood out, the lady who was kinda like maybournes first prime equivalent she seemed a lot clean cut compared to the other villagers who were all dirty and stuff.
                      Also with SG1 using the ship what does that leave her to continue on her journey???

Also i thought the ending was pretty poor like they blew up the ha'tak but then what it just stopped and they didn't explain anything else except that maybourne had several wives
                      Oneil: You ended the sentence in a preposition, you ba$tard!

Comment

Well, this one was...odd. It was good, one of the betters this season, don't get me wrong...but Wayne Brady as a First Prime was just weird enough that I'm still slightly, well, weirded out.

What was good:
                        a. Maybourne! Joy! The man I love to hate! It was a little harder to intensely like him in this ep since he was actually acting like a halfway decent guy...but I still managed. Unfortunately, it'd doubtful that we'll see him again. This ep ended with something of a sense of closure.
                        b. Sam's reaction to the 'wives' comment. She's mellowed a bit since 'Emancipation'--the bit with Kytano in 'The Warrior' and Ba'al's "female Tauri" comment in 'Reckoning 2' for starters--but it'd comforting to know that she still gets her dander up sometimes.
                        c. RDA. Yay! "If I had a nickel..."

What wasn't:
                        a. I'll post something when I come up with it!

Last word: Wayne Brady?

Comment

i LOVED to see jack off world again... just imagine if the jumper was full of drones.. they can kick the crap out of a lot of system lords with that ship... just think, a cloaked ship that can take out a mothership with ONE SHIP!!!! DAMN!!! over all i really enjoyed this episode... was getting tired of this "all earth.... no off world" crap!!!!
                          I am JJ, the Supreme Commander of the Furling Fleet!!!!

Comment

Good ep.

I liked pretty well all of it, so much like the SG1 of old.

Well written, well acted and lots of fun. Everybody looked like they were actually enjoying themselves.

Definately worth a re-watch.
                            sigpic

Comment

It was a good laugh the episode n i like the little fight between teal'c n that other jaffa fella
                              "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

Originally posted by darman
                                did he say "they're torturing that ditty"?

rofl
                                Does anybody know what "ditty" they were playing?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X