It's Good To Be King (813)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by acdj31
    And what about the ship, are they just going to leave it there.
    Oh, I think that I can guaruntee that it will not be left there.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I'm finding it strange that they were able to take down Ares mothership with 2 blasts from the ancients time-jumper. They should have at least had some shields up first, then made it seem more believable. I cannot wait to find out what they plan to do with the timeship.
      Last edited by Oma Desala; 06 February 2005, 03:13 PM.

Comment

I thought it was okay. I wanted more Jack/Maybourne banter.

I wonder who gave the team the flowers at the end. Some of Maybourne's wives?

Comment

Really great episode.

Since it's bothering some people, remember we started encountering ancient language back in season one, and the NID would have been extremly interested in a language which could lead to technology like 'big honkin space guns.' I wouldn't have put it past Mayboune to teach himself what we knew, especially when he was running the rogue program out of Area 51 and stealinf all sorts of technology from other races. Now assuming the ancient he read there was a more recent composition, he could probably get the gist of what it was saying, especially considering he probably had alot of free time on his hands. Now if it had been an older dialect, like the language (S7 spoiler) on the tablet from Abydos, then he probably couldn't have made head or tails of it. Anyways, just a theory~

Comment

All in all, I really enjoyed this episode. Who doesn't love a Maybourne appearance? That coupled with the classic off-world adventure probably puts this up there as one of my favorite Season 8 episodes. This style of episode is what got me following SG-1 in the first place.

One question though, is Ares dead? He's always been a popular choice among fans as a Goa'uld they'd like to see, is that it for him? I guess it'd be safe to assume he was on the ha'tak and blew up with it.

Comment

I really liked this episode. Several things i really like.

-Seeing Jack off world again
              -Seeing Maybourne again
              -The PJ was sweet but a little unbelievable that they to out the Ha'tak in two shots
              -I really like Wayne Brady and i think he was good in this episode

Hopefully the rest of Season 8 episodes are more like this one and less like the earlier episodes.

Comment

I did get a kick out of out, thought I thought it was resolved much quicker than would be plausible.

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
                  Wow... Wayne Brady! I was disappointed, I wanted to see a Jaffa hoedown or scenes from a hat. I think Colin Mochrie (spelled completely wrong,I know) should be on Stargate too... and Drew Carey!
                  LOL! Wouldn't that be hilarious? I was so wishing they would have given Wayne a quirky alien character. He could have played that up so well. This generic jaffa guy didn't really showcase his best talent, being funny. Although when he fell down at the end, I kept having flashbacks to 'Whose Line' when he would fall on his face.

(Oh and you spelled Colin Mochrie correctly!)

Comment

Am I the only one who really didn't like this episode? The small amount of dialogue between Maybourne and Jack was good and yet small. But the rest of the episode felt hastened and cheap. I never actually got the impression the planet was in any kind of peril. The Jaffa first-prime was a joke with a high raspy voice who couldn't command any slave-villagers right. He really didn't seem that bad (maybe if he had killed that woman after all, it would have worked) and Teal'k was able to take him out way too easily. I don't believe for one second that two ancient missiles could destroy a mothership and if they could, why were thousands upon thousands of them sent into the air to take out a few dozen targets in earth's atmosphere in "The Lost City"?

And speaking of the puddle-jumper: Aren't the stargates in the Pegasus galaxy larger to accomodate these ships? Did the Atlantis crew make note of the fact the gates were larger in Pegasus? And it's not like the PD had that much clearance there. I can't believe for one second that they could get it back to earth that way in "Good to be King".

But my major qualm was with the set. This is a show which blows us away with it's quality production every week, but the castle set looked cheap and like it was made of cardboard, not to mention tiny (for a village). The entire village (maybe, what, 40 people) appears to consist mostly of old men and about 4 women of child bearing age... I don't see how these people could survive? (especially with Harry keeping them all to himself) And any shot of Harry with the skyline behind him (near the end, when Teal'c fights the Jaffa) looks very bluescreenish in my mind. And why are there armors in the castle but not a single "warrior" looking man?

All in all, and episode which left me wondering "Am I watching the right channel?"

Comment

Can't answer all your qualms, but a few of them I think I can take care of.

The Puddle-jumper can fit through Milky-way gates because there is no size difference. The only difference I've seen between P Gates and MW Gates are the different-colored chevrons and those light-up symbols.

and as for the First Prime, he's that guy from "Whose Line is it Anyway?". I think he was just trying something different out, but I do agree that he should've played the more bad guy role, even if it was cliche' as Anubis' First Prime.
                      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

One thing I didn't like was that they just killed off Olokun and Bastet with just a word. Olokun I don't care so much about, but I was hoping to see Bastet again. It's so sad.
                        Another potentially cool Goa'uld down the drain.

Comment

Originally posted by Jolinarsam
                          One thing I didn't like was that they just killed off Olokun and Bastet with just a word. Olokun I don't care so much about, but I was hoping to see Bastet again. It's so sad.
                          Another potentially cool Goa'uld down the drain.
                          Yes, it seemed like the writers just said "we don't want to deal with the system lords anymore, so let's just say a couple more are dead."

Comment

When were Olokun and Bastet mention in the episode?

I guess I wasn't paying attention and I missed that part.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                              When were Olokun and Bastet mention in the episode?

I guess I wasn't paying attention and I missed that part.
                              It's easy to miss. Sam says it at the beginning in the briefing room, but she's talking kind of fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                                Can't answer all your qualms, but a few of them I think I can take care of.

The Puddle-jumper can fit through Milky-way gates because there is no size difference. The only difference I've seen between P Gates and MW Gates are the different-colored chevrons and those light-up symbols.

and as for the First Prime, he's that guy from "Whose Line is it Anyway?". I think he was just trying something different out, but I do agree that he should've played the more bad guy role, even if it was cliche' as Anubis' First Prime.

Hmmm, I'm quite certain I heard somewhere (I thought it was in an Atlantis episode, but it may have been in some behind the scenes thing) that the Pegasus gates are larger??

Comment

Working...
                                X