Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spoilers for Atlantis, late s1, an ep Madeleine's not seen yet

Spoiler:
    We don't really know it was Janus -- for all we know this time machine PJ was built by one of his ancestors many years later, or even if it is the same exact PJ that it was Janus who did everything spoken of in Good to Be King.
    Last edited by Madeleine; 18 January 2005, 09:29 PM.

Comment

FCOL people! NOT EVERYONE HAS SEEN EVERY EP YOU'VE SEEN!!
      In a s8 episode thread you need to use spoiler space for every future s8 ep, every Atlantis ep past or future, and all s9 speculation.

like this:

[spoil]In the next episode Walter robs a bank[/spoil]

so that everyone sees:

Spoiler:
      In the next episode Walter robs a bank

Madeleine

Comment

Very well done. It actually felt like Stargate. There was team interaction, they went through the Stargate. Jack even went through the Stargate. Excellent repartee between Jack and Maybourne. We acquired new tech. What's not to like.

This ep went a long way to restoring my faith in Stargate SG-1. It's exactly what I needed to see after PU.

Off to see what everyone else thought.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
          Short summary.

Jack concentrates on using weapons and two Ancient Drones fire at the ship, but then they're out. However, the two drones did enough damage to blow the entire ship. SG-1 return to Earth and leave Maybourne with his wives.

Presumably they took the Jumper with them.

Good to see the Jumper in "our" galaxy, and am glad they PTB are linking (slowly) the SG-1 and Atlantis storylines just a bit.

Regardless of what may have been addressed in previous episodes, I too think it was just a bit too easy/convenient that Jack's limited firepower happened to do the trick. "Let's hope it hit some vital systems," Carter says, and two seconds later-- BOOM-- the big ship is gone. Almost like the writers realized how little time they had left in the episode and had to wrap it up very quickly. That is my only quibble w/ this episode,which I too thought was really good.

LOVED Wayne Brady. Too bad his character got killed.. would love to see him come back. I bet filming that episode was a hoot, since Chris Judge is supposedly a funny guy, and having him & WB in the same room is probably a recipe for high comedy.

Even tho it wasn't specifically shown or referred to at the end I presume SG-1 took the Jumper back to earth. Carter must feel like a kid with a new toy!!

Comment

Originally posted by jyh
            Regardless of what may have been addressed in previous episodes, I too think it was just a bit too easy/convenient that Jack's limited firepower happened to do the trick. "Let's hope it hit some vital systems," Carter says, and two seconds later-- BOOM-- the big ship is gone. Almost like the writers realized how little time they had left in the episode and had to wrap it up very quickly. That is my only quibble w/ this episode,which I too thought was really good.
            I guess the Ancient Jellyfish of Doom are really smart, smart bombs, eh? "Look, stoopid, just push the red button, and let us Jellyfish do the rest."

It's kind of like how zats work; depending on whether it's the good guys or the bad guys getting it, one ep they'll knock you on your kiester for a few seconds, next ep, for minutes, next time, well, basicly you stay down for the duration of the ep.
            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

The best episode of the season so far. More to come after the weekend.

Comment

I think it's kind of suspect that the one shot they got off happened to hit a vital spot. Usually in Stargate you see how the characters have to actually put in hard work and strategy to win -- in this case the only suspense was whether or not O'Neill would get it working, like you knew he would.

However, I think Maybourne saved it from being a mediocre episode. If his character had that much of a sense of humor in seasons one to three, the first Tollan ep and Bane would have been better episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthespirit
                  I think it's kind of suspect that the one shot they got off happened to hit a vital spot.
                  I think the implication is more that the drones are that powerful than that the shot was that lucky.

Comment

I absolutely loved this episode. It felt so natural. And I have so missed off-world Jack. And apparently, Jack missed going off-world.

I adore Wayne Brady and loved seeing him tonight. And Tom McBeath! Man, I've missed the Harry and Jack show. Would've loved to have seen more scenes with them together.

All around solid episode. Better than a couple of 1st half episodes.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                      I think the implication is more that the drones are that powerful than that the shot was that lucky.
                      I agree 100%. We saw in Lost City how quickly Anubus's fleet were wiped out by the Antarctica's weapon; this was just more of the same.
                      I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                        Very well done. It actually felt like Stargate. There was team interaction, they went through the Stargate. Jack even went through the Stargate. Excellent repartee between Jack and Maybourne. We acquired new tech. What's not to like.
                        Exactly. I do like being able to focus on each character, but this ep really brought forward how much I've missed seeing all four SG-1 members out and about again. Sam and Jack's banter about trying to fix the PuddleJumper are like countless earlier episodes. And Jack off-world again was great! My favorite line "D'oh!" How I've missed that....
                        And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                        Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                        Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                        Daniel: Oh! You see?
                        Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer

So are we supposed to assume that the puddlejumper weapons can get through Goa'uld shields, even though they're not 'jellyfish'? I guess they probably would since they're Ancient. But they didn't even show the usual ripple when something breaks through a shield. It didn't seem like Ares even had them up at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jolinarsam
                            So are we supposed to assume that the puddlejumper weapons can get through Goa'uld shields, even though they're not 'jellyfish'? I guess they probably would since they're Ancient. But they didn't even show the usual ripple when something breaks through a shield. It didn't seem like Ares even had them up at all.
                            The impression I've gotten from the series is that the PJs do indeed fire a jellyfish like weapon if not jellyfish themselves. The special effect has just been refined.

Comment

Wow... Wayne Brady! I was disappointed, I wanted to see a Jaffa hoedown or scenes from a hat. I think Colin Mochrie (spelled completely wrong,I know) should be on Stargate too... and Drew Carey!

So, anyway, this was a great episode! This is the first time in awhile that the SG-1 ep was better than Atlantis (imo). Off-World Jack was back , even though temporarily . Glad to see Maybourne back in action. And the dresses were really pretty, that would have been great to be an extra during that show.
                              Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                              RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

This was a good episdoe I think too.
                                How would they have gotten a jumper to earth though, maybe raise the gate out of the montin then fly it through?

I wanna see what the Earth people call it, if they call it a "puddle jumper" that would be dumb, they are in isolation from Atlantis after all.
                                So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains,
                                And we never even know we have the key.
                                Already Gone---------
                                The Eagles-----------

Comment

Working...
                                X