It's Good To Be King (813)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
    My theory is that RCW is actually the pilot of that time machine, there to observe and even nudge "history" along. Watch the ep with that in mind and a lot of details/seeming plot holes start to make sense.
    [Mio Edit! Getting rid of the horrible ugly pink horriblness marring his post.]
    Spoiler:
    When i was watching, and they openned the jumper, I was half hoping for them to find a video log left over from Janus....

I mean. What are the odds that two people would come up with the exact same time machines, even after the research was banned.
    Last edited by Mio; 10 January 2005, 12:11 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Who's Janus?

Comment

Originally posted by nathanaus
        Who's Janus?
        A character from the Atlantis episode "Before I Sleep." Remember guys, spoilers for any other episodes on the spoiler list require spoiler warnings in this thread.
        Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
          Remember guys, spoilers for any other episodes on the spoiler list require spoiler warnings in this thread
          That bears repeating, enlarging, repeating, tattooing on people's wrists...

Madeleine

Comment

Spoiler:
            What I want to know is how the ship was placed there. If an Anceint left it there than what happen to him. And why did the Anceint's leave the Puddle Jumpers in Atlantis in the first place. How did he get another ship. I am thinking that when the Anceints first left Earth they left half of Atlantis there. The sick must have died and when the Anceints went back there after they left Atlantis they had another ship to go to. This had all there technology there already. They took that ship and moved it to another planet. So somewhere there is another ship in the style of Atlantis. That way they could have had more puddle jumpers and he could have left one on the same planet as the It's good to be King episode. This way he could leave that puddle jumper there and go throught the Stargate. What does everyone think?
            Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
              What are the odds that two people would come up with the exact same time machines
              That's assuming that the inventor continued to work in a vacumm. Over time he may well have gained some followers, especially if he took some non-believers on a magical mystery tour of the future.
              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

the one thing about the time machine is that it literally could have come from anywhere
                mobeius spoilers
                Spoiler:

ok, those that watch atlantis know how it came into existence. and those that have read spoilers for a later s8 eps know that it will come into play again

we don't know of it ever getting destroyed, so the ancient that played around on harry's planet could literally have come from anywhere.

Personally, i think they came from the future, an alternative future and this will all make sense after the end of s8.

I think it was deliberately left on harry's planet, along with all the clues to make harry the king (sort of a time travel augmented prophecy that had to happen) because they NEEDED to get the timeship in the hands of the sgc.

for all we know, daniel came from the past and carved the temple to make sure that harry became king because he knew that sg1 was going to be there

I really think that this is going to be one of those 'chicken and the egg' things...sorta liek cassandra in 1969
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

How does one carry on an invisible conversation?

I really like that idea, but... wouldn't he have been prevented from doing so by Oma? Spoilers for SG-1 season 6,7:
                  Spoiler:
                  He wasn't allowed to help Jack in Abyss, in any way except to encourage him to call it quits. He couldn't help Bra'tac when he was taken prisoner on that Jaffa slave planet and he couldn't stop Nuby from destroyingAbydos.
                  Gracie

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                    How does one carry on an invisible conversation?
                    not very esily i'm afraid

I really like that idea, but... wouldn't he have been prevented from doing so by Oma? Spoilers for SG-1 season 6,7:
                    Spoiler:
                    He wasn't allowed to help Jack in Abyss, in any way except to encourage him to call it quits. He couldn't help Bra'tac when he was taken prisoner on that Jaffa slave planet and he couldn't stop Nuby from destroyingAbydos.
                    [/QUOTE]

mobieus
                    Spoiler:

i havent read all the spoilers for moeb, so i am just guessing blindly. but i think that it doesn't have to be ascended daniel who does this, but plain old ordinary daniel.
                    the main reason i choose daniel is that he would be teh one to have the knowledge of the language to carve the pillars.
                    and just because the ancient who left the time ship behind said s/he was an ancient, they made no mention of s/he being all glowy

i could very well be wrong, but i have a funny feeling that the time ship is a paradox. it's there because daniel in the future knew it needed to be there, but daniel had to find it in the past to know that it needed to be there but to find it in the past he had to take his future knowledge adn go back to the past...yadda, yadda

the prophecy was put there to keep harry alive and allow him to be king. if it was deliberate, they knew that the sgc would come back for harry, and that harry needed to be alive and a king to keep the people from evacing and lead sg1 to the temple so that jack could come and fly the ship

it's sort of like cassandra in the future knowing that she needed to come send sg1 to the past, but she only knew that she had to do it because she'd already done it before

invisible converstations are abuot as confusing as the topic
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Ooh! I like it! Very convoluted, as fits the topic of time travel.
                      Gracie

Comment

Very Promising. All good idea's.
                        Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrax1
                          Spoiler:
                          What I want to know is how the ship was placed there. If an Anceint left it there than what happen to him.
                          <snip>
                          I was wondering about that too - the Ancient obviously saw SG1 coming in to save the day, so he/she must have been there at the time. Where were they? Why did they let SG1 run off with their Jumper? I like the theory that RCW is the Ancient though. It explains that little plot hole...maybe she decided she liked these people too much and wanted to stay with them...or maybe she planned to become another one of Harry's wives...

Comment

Just a thought here, but do you think it would be possible to re-arm the Puddle Jumper using the drones from Antarctica? At the start of "Rising", Groden was studying one, so i'm guessing that they are inactive until someone uses the chair ...
                            Last edited by Bossman; 11 January 2005, 12:30 PM.
                            Truth is relative. Pick one that works

Comment

GUANGO!

I fell out of my seat when Daniel said that.

That and "Tidings of comfort and joy, comfort and joy"

Comment

SPOILERS FOR ATLANTIS WHILE I SLEEP
                                The Ancient that invented this time ship is the same guy who helped an alternate version of Weir insure the survival of the Atantis expedition. The ship was actually used in this episode, Shepperd flew it. WAY better than O'Neil .

He was one of the last ones to leave Atlantis. Somehow he must have snuck this ship away and traveled the Milky Way Galaxy when he went back to Earth.

I wonder where he was during all this...since he had to witness it.

Comment

Working...
                                X