Prometheus Unbound (812)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
    NOW I'm LMAO! Yes, I guess that's it...we're too old to appreciate the "humour" of the "new" Stargate!
    Must be a phase you guys are going through; I'm in my fifties and suddenly I think EVERYTHING'S funny.
    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Well, how's this for an oddball opinion? I liked the episode, but didn't find it all that funny. In fact, the things that seemed to be screaming "we're being funny!" I found either annoying or insulting or just plain too silly to be enjoyable. And, I can have some low brow humor at times. I love Robin Hood: Men in Tights, for example. But what I enjoyed was the mutual respect between Daniel and Hammond, and the caring Hammond showed. I liked the J/D banter, which was humorous, but didn't feel like the writers patting themselves on the back about how funny they are. The humor comes naturally from how Jack and Daniel relate. Which is why Novak's "d@mn it to h@l" was funnier than all the hiccups she had, besuse I could see somene getting frustrated like that. I loved Daniel's total bewilderment, dealing with someone as out there as Vala, and am cyrious as to how much of her story is true.

So, I had a good time watching, but it wasn't a laugh a minute for me.
      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

NOW I'm LMAO! Yes, I guess that's it...we're too old to appreciate the "humour" of the "new" Stargate! Maybe it's good that we are "oldies"!!!

Now, where's that remote control button???
        Huh?? Hey, I'm in my mid forties and I thought it was funny! I liked this ep!

And the mouth to mouth hesitation wasn't that long... A few seconds at most. He was going to do it.

Comment

what a good episode!!!! so so much better than gemini. def one of my favs for the season so far.
          come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Originally posted by graculus
            Also, a friend just pointed out that when Daniel was crushing Vala's head on the computer screen, he was probably quoting Due South.
            *unlurks*
            I took the reference as being from Kids in the Hall, a Canadian comedy sketch show of the late 80's. The show was very anarchic, often compared to Monty Python.

Seeing Daniel do the headcrushing bit had me in fits because I was imagining the Kids character's ridiculous high pitched voice to accompany it. 'I'm crushing your head! Prepare to become a flathead!'

Comment

While on the whole I loved this ep, there was one thing that really rubbed my goat the wrong way, and that was the way that MS was holding the P90 when sneaking up behind Vala.

If, as has been discussed to death in this thread, Daniel had recieved basic military training, then he wouldn't hold the stock of any kind of assault rifle in mid air while taking aim. If he had been firing standard rounds from that thing, the recoil would have ripped the gun out of his hands in no time flat (P90s have quite a bit of kick to them, and a poorly designed grip).

Comment

Actually, that could have been quite humorous.

Later,
                Graculus

Comment

NOW I'm LMAO! Yes, I guess that's it...we're too old to appreciate the "humour" of the "new" Stargate! Maybe it's good that we are "oldies"!!!

Now, where's that remote control button???
                  I´m not even 35 but I don´t get into the humour of the "new" Stargate!
                  The only part of "Prometheus Unbound" which was funny for me was the the scene from the beginning with Jack and Daniel (I love Jack and Daniel bantering) and Hammond. The other "jokes" I found almost insultung.
                  Last edited by Hathor999; 01 January 2005, 01:41 PM.

Comment

You know, whoever just now gave me a red square for my opinion on this episode, the least you could have done was tell me why you disagreed with me and then signed your name. I don't bite. Much.
                    Dana Jeanne
                    Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne
                      You know, whoever just now gave me a red square for my opinion on this episode, the least you could have done was tell me why you disagreed with me and then signed your name. I don't bite. Much.
                      Dana Jeanne
                      I hate when that happens as well, its like completely random

Comment

I loved Walter's action in this episode.. but does anyone else think he looks more 'chevron guy 'ish' with his glasses on?

Comment

Originally posted by alz0rz
                          I hate when that happens as well, its like completely random
                          LOL-- I know, it's like... what didn't they like in my post?

I'm actually looking forward to seeing this on the 'big screen' as opposed to ::cough:: the computer screen ::cough:: because so many people did like it that I'm thinking perhaps the smaller screen allowed me to miss some nuances and stuff.

I'm always open to having my mind changed!

Dana Jeanne (and thanks alzOrz)
                          Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne
                            .../
                            I'm actually looking forward to seeing this on the 'big screen' as opposed to ::cough:: the computer screen ::cough:: because so many people did like it that I'm thinking perhaps the smaller screen allowed me to miss some nuances and stuff.

I'm always open to having my mind changed!

Dana Jeanne (and thanks alzOrz)
                            I think it's good to have an open mind. However, I don't think you missed any nuances, etc. I felt pretty much the same way you did about PU; didn't find most of the humor funny at all; mostly juvenile. Just because a certain percentage of people found this really funny and entertaining doesn't mean anything; there's no right or wrong, just a matter of taste. I'm in my early 30s, so a declining sense of humor has nothing to do with my not liking PU, either. ;-)

It's good to hear dissenting opinions, I think.

Hubble

Comment

I agree that most of the humor didn't work for me. Doesn't change how I feel about Vala's possibilities, though...

Later,
                              Graculus

Comment

I have just watched the above episode and i noticed something i found rather strange.

How come the sheild failed so easily? Take for instance the end of Series 7, it toke a pounding before the sheild started to give way. So how come it gave way so easily? I know it had taken a few hits before it was raised, but wud that effect the sheild?

Comment

Working...
                                X