No announcement yet.

Gemini (811)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a very interesting episode and amanda tapping was great in it. i love the replicators!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
      It's been a while since I watched the episode, so I pulled it off the shelf. I find the theme of betrayal here very interesting. Fifth learned betrayal from Carter and Replicarter learned it from Fifth. I know some say that SG-1 were too trusting - especially Carter - giving Replicarter so much access. But I think Replicarter was *incredibly* convincing. A lot of the rationale behind trusting her was the belief that she couldn't be working with Fifth. There was much evidence to support that theory and it was, in fact, true. The problem was, she wanted to get rid of Fifth to take over the galaxy herself. I think that's where the others - thinking that Replicarter is based on Carter - would not have seen this coming. I certainly didn't.
      I agree with that. There's no getting away from the fact that Sam really did overstep on the trust - but, on the face of it, why not trust a duplicate of herself? Okay, it's a replicator, but nonetheless, RepliCarter is, indeed, very convincing as 'another Sam', sharing an eagerness to be rid of Fifth, and her suggestion that she be disassembled at the end of the process (thereby sacrificing herself for the benefit of the wider galactic community) is also something that is very Sam-like. It doesn't detract from the foolishness of allowing a replicator access to so much, but it does go some way towards explaining it. I also didn't see the whole 'double-cross' thing coming. Although I figured she was stringing Fifth along, it never occurred to me that she was doing so for her own gain.

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
      AMANDA TAPPING RULES!!! Her performance here - as Carter and as Replicarter was wonderful. She got to play a range of emotions. She even got to kick butt without breaking a sweat. And I love the fact that Replicarter is distinctly her own personality. It's in her eyes, her look. I love the moment when Fifth's ship arrives in their galaxy earlier than expected. Carter and Replicarter were both looking at a screen, they look at each other, stride over to where Teal'c is standing and end up on either side of him. They have the EXACT same walk and take the same number of steps. I watch that bit over and over. From what I understand, performing with yourself isn't easy but Amanda does an amazing job.
      I second that! She's quite a veteran of acting with herself - the two Sams in 'Point of View' also fitted together really, really well. I also love the way this ep also gave AT the chance to play Sam as Not Very Nice. It's the closest we're going to get to an Evil Sam, and my golly gosh, she would have been amazing!
      sigpic

Comment

I didn't buy for a second that Sam would trust Replicarter, that made absolutly no sense to me. That being said, I absolutly agree that AT has become really fantastic at acting with herself.

Comment

Originally posted by Slade 155 View Post
          Man episodes like these just.. bother me. No, damnit, she's betraying you, stop being so damn naive! is what's going through my mind the whole time, and it becomes rather annoying just watching it all happen............Of course she can manipulate you. Also, it's a machine, it's way more clever than you are. (I think..) Take no risks, fix the damn "disruptor" yourself.
          A big +1 to that!

It's easy to criticise actions after the ep is over, but this time, DURING this ep, it was obvious they were making some big mistakes.

From a basic military procedure point of view, they made so many severe mistakes they should all be court martialled. I'm surpised everyone involved, especially Carter was let off the hook so easily.
          Carter should've been the LAST person you would let in the room with Replicarter. After all, Replicarter knows what buttons to push to get sympathy from Carter, and indirectly from Jack, via Carter's valued opinion.

They believed everything Replicarter told them without any evidence at all. Then they gave Replicarter access to the disruptor AND Carter's (up to date) mind. Ugh!

The only twist was that Replicarter betrayed Fifth. I didn't see that coming. We've never seen replicators destroy each other.
          Replicarter manipulated and bluffed everyone against difficult odds to come out on top. Convinced her enemies to part with their secrets, and use her enemies to overthrow her unwanted leader. Well played Replicarter!

Comment

Oh yes indeedy. RepliCarter played a total blinder with all the double crossing she did. Hats off to her.

She knew exactly how to play Sam - from the initial "Please destroy me" right through to the whole 'Look-what-Fifth-did-to-me' mind-link business. Of course, at the fundamental level, she is Sam; though without the compassion, devotion to duty and general conscience stuff.

It just goes to show how beneficial it can be to know your audience when you're a ruthless, amoral killing machine bent on Galactic Domination.
            sigpic

Comment

Wow...this is just...wow.
              This is exacly what Kinsey was talking about in the Inauguration episode(S7-20). SG-1 finnaly blew it. And a big time.
              To bad they didnt added the " i told you so " scene with Kinsey in it.

Also i was surprised how well O'Neill took this. After all, he went through so much to get this weapon.
              We are born capable of greatness... If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:

Comment

i *really* liked this episode.

with all the talk of 'be all my sins remember'd' (which i won't spoil for those that haven't seen it), it's reminded me of replicarter from 'gemini'.

what an interesting ep in that it showed a 'what if' if someone had a twin which had no morals. sam was totally tricked by a 'version' of herself. replicarter pushed all the right buttons, leading sam along a path of betrayal (against her).

i thought amanda was *wonderful* in this ep, giving a different texture to playing sam (as replicarter). bravo amanda!

the only thing i wish is that they would have continued the replicarter storyline. in 'threads', daniel had been grabbed by oma for ascension, but she could have grabbed replicarter too. i would have had oma realize what she'd done and sent her back (not to earth), but 'before' doing so, making her fully human. replisam would have all sam's memories, but also the memories of being evil as replicarter. but as replisam, she 'would' have morals. i'd have her all messed up and resentful and angry and sad and depressed, but trying to start a life for herself. i think amanda would have had a blast playing a version of sam like this.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

This was a good episode... and Replicator Carter was somehow even more gorgeous than 'regular' Carter, must have been the whole 'evil' thing

Comment

The replicator ship is just creepy looking. AT did an excellent job playing RepliCarter!
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, I don't like RepliCarter's words about Carter having the ability to be identical to RepliCarter. I hope Carter won't join her or something.
                      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I so love this eps and i have to admit the Replicators are my fav bad guys especialy ReplicatorCarter when i first saw this eps i thought she's not bad she's gonna help SG-1 to destroy the other replicators but when she turned on fith and SG-1 i was like Wow!! i was not expecting that it was awsome !!
                        sigpic
                        (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

This episode took my breath away. I love the scenes where Sam and RepliSam were together. I saw this episode many times and I wrote a fanfiction about feeling of RepliSam to Jack O'Neill, because she was willing to shoot him when The Fofth asked her. I think that RepliSam's feeling had to be messed up.
                          I know .. I seem to be crazy .. but I LOVE THIS episode.

Hehe, I juset read your post, Majorsal and I am smiling like crazy. It is interesting how I agree with your thoughts.
                          Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
                          / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

This really showed off AT's acting talent. Replicarter was scary! Amanda must've had fun throwing all those guys to the floor.
                            sigpic

Comment

As I watched Replicarter take out Daniel then hesitate on Jack made me wonder what Carter subconciously feels about Daniel. Or what darkside Carter feels about Daniel. (So confused) Obviously I know why she would hesitate on Jack but with Daniel it made me wonder. And poor Sylar. He always gets it.

Comment

Pretty good episode. Average compared to the rest of Season 8.

Fifth is dead so RepliCarter can take command.

Joe & Paul are now EP at the end of the episode (along with Brad & Rob).

Tomorrow, Prometheus is hijacked. Also, a new enemy is revealed (briefly), who will be expanded on during the last 2 seasons of SG-1 and during SGU's run.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X