No announcement yet.

Sacrifices (809)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt, right with you on 2-5 especially the red dot bit.

I really enjoyed this ep. CJ's third script, and third success IMO. I loved how it touched on Teal'c's relationship with Ryac right from CotG and even before then. I'm not really one for fight scenes, normally I sit through them waiting for the next bit of dialogue, but the ones in this ep held my interest. I couldn't say if it was because they were particularly good or just that it's been a while since the last fight scene. (Although I did giggle when T ran straight down an exposed track firing at *and hiting* every concealed-in-the-bushes Jaffa who aimed at him, while they inevitably missed. SuperTeal'c!)

Unfeasible battle-scenario aside, this recent stretch of eps has been a great one for Teal'c. He's had dialogue, action, character development, and even carried the story a few times. And he's played ping-pong; LOL at his face in the first shot of him in that scene

Madeleine

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. Probably my favourite of season 8 so far. I thought it was very interesting, which I haven't often said about Stargate recently. I think CJ writes some really good episodes, and I hope he does one in season 9

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
        I really enjoyed this ep. CJ's third script, and third success IMO.
        Hasn't he written (is that even a word? should it be wrote?) four?

The Warrior (S5)
        The Changeling (S6)
        Birthright (S7)
        Sacrifices (S8)

Anyhoo just one minor gripe wit this episode, aside from Teal'c's uber charcter shields, where was Neith? and her older sister? I wanted another scene with them and Daniel.
        sigpic
        Banner By JME2

Comment

I really think this was the best ep of Season 8 so far!

I know it was Teal'c centric, but there did seem to be little snippets of extremely well written interaction between the rest of SG-1. It was funny, action packed and had explosions (as well as a little tidbit for the shippy minded amongst us!)
          It seems a shame one of the actors had to write my personal *best ep so far* rather than one of the staff writers...
          I loved the ping-pong scene! Hysterically funny. I laughed when Moloc tried to brush away the red laser sight, too.
          I loved Teal'c's little run down the path too, with the two staffs tied together, when he miraculously hit every jaffa and managed not to take a hit himself!
          Brill ep! Wish all the character centric stories were as good as this one!

Comment

CJ pitched the story for The Warrior, but I don't think he wrote the script.

Originally posted by Lunar
            well as a little tidbit for the shippy minded amongst us!
            The hands on shoulders bit? Yes, that was nice. I saw it as pretty anti-shippy. So a nice ambiguous non-exclusive moment. I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts

Madeleine

Comment

Definitly one of the best so far.
              CJ is such a good writer. I loved the Teal'c/Ry'ac scenes. Not too sure about Ry'ac's haircut though....
              All the little 'can't believe this is happening' moments were hilarious.

Hope there's more like this to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                Hasn't he written (is that even a word? should it be wrote?) four?

The Warrior (S5)
                The Changeling (S6)
                Birthright (S7)
                Sacrifices (S8)

Anyhoo just one minor gripe wit this episode, aside from Teal'c's uber charcter shields, where was Neith? and her older sister? I wanted another scene with them and Daniel.
                The story for the Warrior was by Chris Judge, but the teleplay was written by someone else. He didn't actually get to write an episode until the Changeling.

Comment

Totally the best episode of season eight so far. Funny, touching, lots of jack..lots of the entire team....I'm normally bored by jaffa-centric episodes, but this was fascinating, Moloch a great villain, Ishta back, Brat'tac, R'yac..i loved it (and there was even ship, for us shippers). Coming after Covenant, the worst episode of this season, and possibly ever, this was wonderful.

Chris Judge should write a lot more. He's seriously one of the best writers they have.
                  Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

I liked covenant..... it was daring to say the least.
                    " You can not gain anything without first giving something in exchange

Ed- Full Metal Alchemist

Comment

The only really cool thing about this episode, i think, was when teal'c strapped the two staff weapons together and ran down that path, shooting all the jaffa.
                      ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

I really quite liked this episode, for the first time this season, it felt like it had a decent plot and was going somewhere..

thought R'yac looked a bit young to be getting married..

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                          Totally the best episode of season eight so far. Funny, touching, lots of jack..lots of the entire team....I'm normally bored by jaffa-centric episodes, but this was fascinating, Moloch a great villain, Ishta back, Brat'tac, R'yac..i loved it (and there was even ship, for us shippers). Coming after Covenant, the worst episode of this season, and possibly ever, this was wonderful.

Chris Judge should write a lot more. He's seriously one of the best writers they have.
                          I agree Michelle, after so many indifferent episodes this one had so much more ommph to it. and I was surprised because usually jaffa episodes bore me!

I thought Moloch was cute!!

Comment

Better than what reviews I had read of the ep. I read some that said it was ok and fair, however I'd agree, these episodes tend to bore and drag, however it was quite the opposite this time round.

It seems S8 is a lot more focused around Teal'c and certainly Carter more than before, not forgetting Daniel. Nice to see the return of Ishta too.
                            __

__

Comment

Good episode I thought, although I haven't been keeping up with who is writing what and had no idea that CJ had a hand in it - should have suspected it really as he tends to produce well balanced ideas which involve the whole cast, give him lip action with some attractive female, and include a modicum of humour.

Loved the Sam/Daniel reaction to the news that the wedding would be held in the base. Loved Sam abandoning Daniel to tell Jack himself and then clearly Daniel managed to hand the whole task on to Bra'tac!

Loved Bra'tac. Great value in every episode he appears in, and a lovely subtle handling of the humerous elements. He's the epitome of the wise old warrior - flexible enough to adapt to situations, which is why he's stayed alive so long. I loved the 'I can see why one needs to rehearse these occasions' and the long gulp of, presumably wine. I loved the, 'may you love and fight like warriors - just not with each other', which I'm sure wasn't part of the official ceremony!

Kudos to the person who had groomed that horse in the passageway, beautifully turned out...

The second half on the planet did get a little tedious in comparison with the base scenes, and I couldn't help thinking that there is still some underlying Jaffa prejudice - if the children being sacrificed had been male babies I feel sure the Jaffa army would not have been nearly so eager to do nothing about it!

All in all, a vast improvement on the Coulson episode which I found tedious, and a good mid-season filler episode which still managed to advance the show's ongoing stories a little bit.

Did I mention Bra'tac? Don't have quite so much time for Ryac, but love the old coot.

Comment

Just one thought on this epsiode:

why does "O'Neill of Minnesota" not have quite the same ring as: "Hammond of Texas"
                                sigpic
                                Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
                                X