No announcement yet.

Sacrifices (809)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bigger question is how did Bra'tac know about the Minnisota part? Jack introduced himself as 'Jack of the Windy City'(i.e Chicago) in 'Family'(and I think Bra'tac was in that scene)
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
      The bigger question is how did Bra'tac know about the Minnisota part? Jack introduced himself as 'Jack of the Windy City'(i.e Chicago) in 'Family'(and I think Bra'tac was in that scene)
      Maybe Teal'c told him. I dunno.
      Rocky

Comment

Good point but still, Jack reffered to himself as a Chicago native in S2. He didn't even mention Minnisota till S4 and we only found out he was raised there in S5. Through all that time, he was living in Colarado.

See the problem?
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Not really. He could have talked to Bra'tac about it off-screen at any point in time.
          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I guess Jack could claim Chicago was in Minnisota and Bra'tac would be none the wiser.
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
              Just one thought on this epsiode:

why does "O'Neill of Minnesota" not have quite the same ring as: "Hammond of Texas"
              Yes, but I think that's partly what made that scene funny. I think O'Neill in the movie was from Chicago, but I bet since RDA is from Minnesota he made *his* O'Neill grow up in Minn.

Comment

I thought this ep was ok. Not good, not bad, but ok. Liked the bit where Bra'tac started drinking the ceremonial wine.
                sigpic

Comment

I missed this episode when it aired... and then I happened to find a tape this weekend. I don't even remember my parents recording it for me, or me bringing home the tape. Oh well... what a pleasant suprise...

I loved this episode. Plenty of humor, plenty of action... plenty of story development. I think it's nice that Ryac has grown up so much. 'Family' was on last night, and it's amazing that the show has been on so long. Hopefully, he and Karyn will have a lil' Jaffa of their own in S9.

Bratac was great in this ep. and Ishta was fine too. I like that Judge took the chance to combine all of the character from Teal'c's life into one episode

Also... I still love Teal'c's new look.

Comment

enjoyed this episode alot. Unfortunately I missed at least the first 10 min, for some reason it didn't tape. I checked the transcript and it looks like I missed some pretty good stuff, Daniel Sam interaction as well as Jack Teal'c playing ping pong. Oh well, something to look forward to for reruns.

I am a bit dissapointed with the way Jack has been always sarcastic and rarely serious anymore. I love his sarcasm and humour, but it's so much better when mixed with his intelligence and tactics as we've seen when he's in action, generally off-world. I wanna see him in command, doing what has to be done, again. Sorry, a bit of ranting, it just seems being stuck on base all the time hasn't been good for him. But things change.
                    I did enjoy the scenes in the corridor with him a Carter, and the horse!

And that was a cool shot of Teal'c, Ishta, and the other Jaffa. In the forest at night, with the mist and moonlight and that music. thought it was cool.
                    "Do you people practice being vague?"

Comment

Best part of the episode was Teal'c running towards the tent with two staffs tied tgether kicking the jaffas asses, oh yeah other than that pretty dull

Comment

The episode's original name was supposed to be: My Big Fat Jaffa Wedding. I read it on the production notes.
                        Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

The Rite of Orona... sharp knife... honeymoon eve...
                          Sounds painful... (Love the ominous music of that scene.)

Comment

Originally posted by Stricken View Post
                            Best part of the episode was Teal'c running towards the tent with two staffs tied tgether kicking the jaffas asses, oh yeah other than that pretty dull
                            That was cool...

Comment

Half way through watching this ep now. Although the story is ok, the acting is shocking! Jolene Blalock playing Ishta is like watching a train crash. I hope they kill her off quickly . Doesn't make any sense though, she was ok in Birthright....

Comment

Poor Jack getting beat up by a ping pong ball.

One of the best scenes is when Ray'ac is telling Daniel and Sam they will have the wedding at SGC.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X