No announcement yet.

Covenant (808)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I just saw it again, this time in non-squinty vision. The "hangar bay" at the alpha site is just the Gateroom redressed, I'm certain of it. I'm not talking about the scene after their flight, but the one just as Sam is offering Colson the chance to fly. It's the back wall of the Gateroom and a re-don outter room (rather than the normal corridor).

Also, as much as I like the ep, the fact that the SGC sent Daniel to talk Colson down was a really, really stupid idea. Why would you send a man who has well known theories about aliens and humanity, a man who was laughed out of the scientific world, and a man who has vanished from the world of acedimia for 8 years in to talk to a business man about not releasing the truth. Doesn't that seem a little weird?

BYE
    "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
      Also, as much as I like the ep, the fact that the SGC sent Daniel to talk Colson down was a really, really stupid idea. Why would you send a man who has well known theories about aliens and humanity, a man who was laughed out of the scientific world, and a man who has vanished from the world of acedimia for 8 years in to talk to a business man about not releasing the truth. Doesn't that seem a little weird?
      Weird because of Daniel, or weird because of how Coulson would recieve Daniel? I can see the irony in DJ being the one that went, but it didn't seem terribly dodgy to me since it was clearly Sam's brief and Daniel was there as Sam's moral support.

Coulson picked up on who Daniel was; that could really have gone either way. It could have played into C's conspiracy suspicions and undermined Sam, or it could have been seen as a silent message of you wouldn't be the first to have espoused 'crackpot' ideas and then shut up... and there are reasons I'm keeping these secrets. As it happened C focussed much more on Sam than on Daniel, and he had far more convincing proof than the circumstantial evidence of a former-crackpot archaeologist hanging out with the USAF, so Daniel really didn't seem out of place here, to me.

(I'm going to have to work a heck of a lot harder than this on getting him to fit into the role of interrogator in Endgame, aren't I )

Madeleine

Comment

It should've been Carter and Davis who showed up, not Carter and Daniel. Davis was the first one on the scene after Julia Donovan threatened to reveal the Prometheus project.

BYE
        "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Mr Sheffeild!!..Mr Sheffield!!!
          At any moment I thought Fran Drescher would come out left of screen-or through the Stargate.
          I thought the ep pretty boring.
          Season eight continues to be pretty lacklustre with one or two exceptions. God, I hope the second half improves!!

Comment

I liked the Episode I guess this is as close as anybody's gonna get to tell sg-1 to kiss there ass I'm going public...I feel kinda torn because they sgc are heroes but when it comes to the stargate and the potential benefits to humanity on a non military applications..lets be honest they are less than forth right understandably for good reason...here's a scenario...lets say that somebody like like a joe spencer(citizen Joe) decides to go public and lets say the NID will do anything in its power to keep that secret...including threats on that persons lifeand or assasinations...or the military imply's that a civilian could be tried for treason if they disclose the stargate..do you think members of the SGC would feel bad if an "average person" was locked up for life just becasue they knew and could confirm the stargates existence

ok maybe Im mixing real world with fantasy..and we'll never see a scenario like this on the show..but it would be intersting though

Comment

I've done fan fic on that scenario(attempting to discredit people who find out about the Stargate) and I'd probably say it would depend on the nature of those wanting to go public.

It's sticky ground however you play it.
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

BORING this has been done over and over agian no more

Thats my view anyway

Comment

I just loved to see Maxwell Sheffield in SG1!!!

(For those not fans of The Nanny, that was Charles character there)

And it was funny that the man who received Colson and Sam at the Alpha Site was called Sheffield!
                  Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
                  (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
                    Well, just be glad Charles Shaughnessy didn't bring Fran Drescher with him, unless you like her cause then you can be sad. But just imagine that voice for an entire hour in that setting...

C'mon! I can't be the only one that thought "HEY! That's the dude from The Nanny!"
                    As you can see from my previous post, you weren't!
                    Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
                    (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

Comment

the SGC dodged a bullet there but id have to say that this episode and the episode "sight unseen" would arouse the suspicion of many people, who knows maybe down the line an episode of SG will feature a group of sci fi internet geeks who try to challenge the SGC and are caught up in a battle with the Ori on an asgard ship, the banter would be so funny even better than coombs and felger in "the other guys" hehe imagine that!!!?
                      For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Initial apologies if I repeat anything anyones said, which I probably will; I haven't had a chance to read all the posts!

Wasn't sure about this ep.. Generally I like the ones where someone threatens to go public, but this one was a little boring in places.

Thor was AMAZING!! I LOVED that he went on the news program as a hologram and played along with it, and that he just beamed all the incriminating stuff away. Jack beaming to a meeting with the President was fantastic too!! Teeheehee! I guessed the clone WAS a vacant clone, but only once Carter and Daniel said it looked a little blank, Before that, I thought it was scared and confused, it was really heartbreaking!!

Did anyone else think that Alec looked scarily like Tanith??
                        Sig by SamJackShipLover, thank you!!

"The Titanic lies in 13,000 feet of water on a gently sloping alpinelike countryside overlooking a small canyon below. Its bow faces north and the ship sits upright on the bottom. There is no light at this great depth and little life can be found. It is a quiet and peaceful and fitting place for the remains of this greatest of sea tradgedies to rest. May it forever remain that way and may God bless these found souls." - Robert D. Ballard, 1985.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeShipper View Post
                          Did anyone else think that Alec looked scarily like Tanith??
                          Yes, thanks for mentioning it.
                          sigpic

Comment

I've probably posted on this episode before, Admitidly, I didn't use to like this episode, I regarded it as rather dull and eventless, then seeing that it ties in with the rest of season 8, I can see how useful it is to have in here.

It's certainly a decent idea on the writers part for including an episode and references to events that were global and that were contempary, Unlike the dreaded ST reset button, SG1 does indeed keep the continuity going and frequently refers back to previous episodes on many occasions.
                            sigpic
                            In brightest day, in darkest night,

No evil shall escape my sight

Let those who worship evil's might,

Beware my power...Green Rep-Points light!

Comment

I saw this episode this past week on Sci Fi, very nice. When I saw the Asgard Clone (I didnt know it was a clone at first) I was like shocked, I was hoping the team would run in and save it which that did thanks to Thor.

Comment

This episode was lame. I couldn't wait for it to end.

Comment

Working...
                                X