No announcement yet.

Affinity (807)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they just assumed the NID murdered the guy to blackmail Daniel into helping. Or something. Hrm.

Comment

Originally posted by fifthmember
      And, finally, I hate the Sam-Pete thing so much. If Sam really loved Pete, she wouldn't take weeks to give him an answer. I sure hope some writer will remedy that awful situation.
      I think Sam wanted to make sure that she didn't have feelings for Jack still (thats what i think), and that she wanted to make sure what she was going to get herself into. I would rather wait 2 weeks to see of someone wants to marry me or not, then her saying no at the alter.
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Did anyone else spot Amanda Tapping's mom in this episode? For real. She was in the background in one of the scenes. A background extra as it were. Amanda and her mum look nothing alike. Anyone want to take a guess at which woman was her?
        Last edited by sky_blue_waters; 21 August 2004, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
          I've watched for years and Sam and Jack getting together would be the final word in a negative, annoying, and worst thing that could ever happen resolution for me.

little one, it's going to happen -the handwriting is on the wall-

Comment

Ok first, great evolution for Teal'c; Showing his long coming adjustment to living with humans. Nice to see him find some one (for a while anyway).
            As for the Pete situation, hoping she would say no but knew she was going to say yes.
            Quote "Then I wouldn't be here."
            I agree with one of you who said he was referring to his son; if his son had not died he wouldn't be there.
            Last, the strange people who set Teal'c up; Can't wait to see where this is going.
            Oh and for all you Jack and Sam Shippers, don't worry the marriage is never going to happen.

"I'll be seeing you around Dr Jackson"

Comment

You just shot down the S/P shippers then

Comment

Originally posted by MAJKawalsky
                S
                P
                O
                I
                L
                E
                R

S
                P
                A
                C
                E

I am a member of the "Pete as Chimera" camp. Pete has never interacted with any of the other regular characters. He has only had direct interaction with one other person on screen, his buddy from the FBI who did the background check on Sam. In Chimera, Sam did say "Pete been hit" to Jack but Jack never acknowledged Pete's presence.

In New Order, Pete misses Sam's promotion ceremony. He supposedly had been briefed on the SGC and would have been invited. I would certainly be miffed if my girlfriend missed my promotion ceremony.

Then in this ep, Pete again has no meanful interaction with ANYONE else. Most of the time he is alone with Sam. Even during the take down of the warehouse when the special ops soldier informs Sam that the warehouse is empty and Pete asks "How could that be?", no one acknowledges his existance. Daniel is unconscience when Pete is close to him, then when Daniel is awake, Pete is on the other side of the warehouse, masked from Daniel's view by the big honkin' SUV.

Are TPTB setting up the storyline such that Pete is a figament of Sam's imagination? Me thinks yes.
                All I have to say is ooooohhhhhh.... I like these possibilities.

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sky_blue_waters
                  Did anyone else spot Amanda Tapping's mom in this episode? For real. She was in the background in one of the scenes. A background extra as it were. Amanda and her mum look nothing alike. Anyone what to take a guess at which woman was her?
                  Was she the nosy neighbor?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                    Was she the nosy neighbor?
                    That would have been my guess Maybe it was the lady saying thank you to Teal'c after hitting the thief, me don't know!?

Comment

Even after a nights sleep, I still felt like the 'stalker' reference was insulting... and damaging. It makes it appear that TPTB believe that behavior like he has exhibited is acceptable, and to be dismissed with a chuckle. How many women--or people in general--get killed because people don't take them seriously? Is this really a role model?

Farther more, it was enough out of place that I am thinking about it as a line that was written on the page, not something that would have rolled out of either character's mouth.

Comment

I'll get to the episode in a minute, but this is the first time I've skipped an episode thread straight to the reply because I can't stand pages of people moaning about Sam and Pete, you've done it enough already!

It's completely disgraceful that you'll disregard an entire episode (a brilliant one if I do say) just because Sam and Pete got engaged. Sam and Pete's relationship was in what? 4 scenes? Let's see... the proposal, when Sam and Daniel were talking to Teal'c, when she was talking to Jack (I'll get to that too ), when she called Pete and finally when she said yes. That was 5 scenes, I'd say about 5 minutes of the episode overall, and people are saying that it was too much about them?

OK, the episode was superb!

I loved vigilante (sp?) Teal'c and Krista was sooooooo hot I loved the stalker comment (Another kick in the face of those anti-pete-ites ) though I did choke thinking of the reaction of said group

Daniel's message was cool (since I could read it ) and the bit with the coffee was very funny As for the Asgard transporters...

SPOILERS Endgame
                        Spoiler:
                        ... loved the foreshadowing for Endgame. Looks like they'll be up there a while before they try their big hesit I'm assuming what Daniel translated was some sort of code for the ship

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                          It's completely disgraceful that you'll disregard an entire episode (a brilliant one if I do say) just because Sam and Pete got engaged. Sam and Pete's relationship was in what? 4 scenes? Let's see... the proposal, when Sam and Daniel were talking to Teal'c, when she was talking to Jack (I'll get to that too ), when she called Pete and finally when she said yes. That was 5 scenes, I'd say about 5 minutes of the episode overall, and people are saying that it was too much about them?
                          OMG! Finally i find someone else who agrees with me about the Sam/Pete scenes!!! Ok maybe i skipped 5, cough 7, pages but it didn't seem like no one mentioned it anyways.

I could say the only scifi i saw in this episode was the sounds and the lights of the Trust beaming away near the end of the episode, and oh yes, of course the weapons and Teal'c himself, haha, but i didn't mind it because i thought the episode did good, except that annoying kid that praised Teal'c alot, grr, i'm still annoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            All I have to say is ooooohhhhhh.... I like these possibilities.

Sally
                            Maybe Pete's Urgo's son, or is Urgo mark 2, since DDL is Daddy DeLuise's son!
                            sigpic
                            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Thor's Fury
                              As to the transporter flash. I think it both sounded like and was consistent with an Asgard transport. I think we can assume that the bad guy's found and devised a means to access the ship Osiris used when she was delving into Daniel's memory. There was never any mention of it, but I think it therefore was cloaked seeing as Asgard transporters haven't shown long range(extrasolar) capabilities (correct me if I'm wrong). I didn't see the connection between the ancient text and accessing the transporter though. Unless as part of the four race alliance they all hard wired acces codes into their tech? So Ancients or Asgard or Nox etc. could use each other's tech as needed? Though that doesn't explain the need to have it translated to goa'uld. If you have any insights it would be appreciated.

Or That Anibus's computers were incripted in the Ancient's languge. That I why they need A Goul'd Translation?
                              I'm not here man
                              Hello it was me

Comment

Originally posted by ecm101

Or That Anibus's computers were incripted in the Ancient's languge. That I why they need A Goul'd Translation?
                                I think they'll explain this in the future episode, hopefully, becuase i was wondering about the samething, and i was also wondering on how they could confirm it and stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X