Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

>>>>Daniel goes Rambo saves the day! Yay! So, why hasn't he gotten contacts or laser eye surgery to correct his vision? <<<<

Sometimes Daniel/MS does wear contacts. However, laser surgery is not fool proof. It has risks. And it is not permanent. Also, some types of vision problems still can not be corrected. If MS has one of these or is leary of the procedure, he may be unwilling to undergo the proceedure. I know I am unwilling. A friend of mine did and had alot of problems afterwards. He did not get the results promised and the doctor did not screw up based upon several other opinions. RDA did have laser surgery. So you have to be careful.
    Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

n. 1. (Hindu Myth.) The descent of a deity to earth, and his incarnation as a man or an animal; -- chiefly associated with the incarnations of Vishnu.

2. Incarnation; manifestation as an object of worship or admiration.

3. Among people working on virtual reality and cyberspaceinterfaces, an "avatar" is an icon or representation of a user in ashared virtual reality. The term is sometimes used on MUDs.
      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
      once done, cannot be undone...
      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Hmmm so I guess it's just one of their more vague title choices But I guess it works since when they were viewing what Teal'c saw it looked like a video game. Thanks for the reply.

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Comment

OK, just a few comments on the Daniel in combat kind'a thing....keep in mind I was even one of the peoplse that said one of the reasons Daniel was the one that went in was because he didn't have the type of background that Jack did..now I feel like I need to explain that a little more....Carter said something about Jack's Black Op's (or Special Op's) training and how that might effect the game...see Jack's military background is not that of a regular member of the military...there are tacts and attitudes that are special to those guys, I think that's why Jack wasn't the one to go in, he could have made the game even harder...I think Carter wasn't it because her scientific background was of more use "outside"...(ok I know that Piggy pointed out a plot issue...the way I dismissed it was they had done a lot of modifications at lest in the programing of the chairs...so it didn't bother me)....as for Daniel, no his training is not military...but in the past what 8 years (OK there's one missing out of that) but none the less, it only makes since that Daniel has more of a "military" mind in some situations, he's been in combat situations so many times in that time that he now has more practical training MOST of those in the military (at least on the show)....I actually like that Daniels character has matured and has become a little more military, but at the same time he's for the most part keep his enthusiasm for knowledge...yes things have changed but if he was still running around looking like a deer in the headlights after all these years we'd be complaining about that...personally IMO they'd done a good job of keeping it balanced....OK I'll stop rambling now...sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Asgard Buddy
            Hmmm so I guess it's just one of their more vague title choices But I guess it works since when they were viewing what Teal'c saw it looked like a video game. Thanks for the reply.
            What's so vague about it? Avatar is a common name for a virtual reality icon or character representation. I found it less vague than "Icon".
            Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
            O'Neill: Who doesn't?
            - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
            - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
            once done, cannot be undone...
            brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
              I think the quality of Daniel's glowing eyes was done purposely to show that they were in the game. I don't know if it was just me, but everything else seemed a little different than if it had been a "real" attack. Meh, maybe I'll just have to go watch it again.
              Ya know, I never thought of that. That makes perfect sense.

Comment

I really liked this episode. For several reasons:
                1) I like video games, so the whole concept appealed to me from the get-go.

2) Dr. Brightman wasn't in it (BIG plus there, I didn't like her at all!)
                I MISS JANET!!! *sniffle*
                But I do at least like Dr. Carmichael.

3) I thought the team chemistry was good.

5) It was halarious...Teal'c kept killing Daniel! Oh and Daniel's saying "creepy" and "crap!"

4) Cool camera shots *thumbs up to Martin Wood*

Overall, I liked it a lot.

~Misty
                *Tons of cameras flash all around*

Me: You'll be seeing lights for days!

Michael Shanks: I know! I feel like I'm in a disco!

Comment

I know I'm new and all, but I can't help but point out that that's two more times Daniel's died. I just found that amusing. ^_^;;

Comment

Originally posted by Asgard Buddy
                    Would "Teal'c gets stuck in a video game" be better?

Comment

Game Over? Def Jaffa Vendetta? Killswitch? No, wait, that's already been used...

Comment

I agree about Dr. Carmichael. I liked him. He was much less uptight seeming than Dr. Brightman.

And I think that the Avatar title is pretty fitting for that episode. That Def Jam Vendetta line had me cracking up. AT and CJ had such huge grins on their faces while saying it that I think maybe they were trying not to laugh. And I have to say that they seem to be using RDA's limited time much better so far this season. He wasn't in the episode much but his abscence wasn't glaring or anything. Even though the episode was centered around Teal'c I still got sort of a team ep feel from it.
                        Last edited by Shipperahoy; 14 August 2004, 09:51 PM. Reason: Typo. My bad.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                          I hated this episode. Rather, hate's a strong term, it wasn't my cup of tea. It seemed like a rather pointless excercise in random combat with no real goal. The 'virtual reality' screen Carter and company were watching was ... annoying, but most of all I kept thinking that military officers would not refer to a valuable training aid as "a game". The repeated use of the term bugged the heck out of me.
                          Actually, the military does frequently use computer games for training in tactics. I suppose the terms "simulator" and "simulations" are also used but they are games after all. And what are live-action training exercises called? War games.
                          To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

One thing...

The moment they mentioned "There are two ways to end it. Win, or activate the internal failsafe." I turned to the person next to me and said 'bet you $50 the internal failsure doesn't work'.

Not exactly the most unpredictable of episodes.

Still good episode, though.

Comment

Well, we all knew Teal'c was going to end up getting out of the game anyways!
                              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                So it was Daniel's general incompetence ("lack of experience"?) that made him get selected? LOL!
                                Heh. Well, that's one way of looking at it.

Then again, using that same logic, if virtual Teal'c was trapped in a pyramid, they couldn't send Daniel, because he would know about all the possible booby traps, hidden compartments, curses, and any other dangers that might be lurking there.

And, in the most terrifying scenario of all, if Teal'c had been caught up in the world's longest and most boring physics lecture ever, they couldn't send Sam, because she would get involved in the discussion and come up with questions, arguments, theories and counter theories. The lecture would go on and on and on and on... Poor Teal'c, trapped forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X