No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Posherella
    It made me want to cry. Especially the part where Daniel comes into the game and Teal'C says, "It won't let me out." in a defeated voice.
    I really liked that part as well. Not that I enjoy seeing Teal'c that way, but I enjoyed seeing him express his emotions a little more than he usually does. It was very emotional for me too

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Comment

Although i didn't cry, or anything, it was a touching scene .
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Just want to say that i liked this epp. Felt bad for Teal'c when he slid down the wall and gave up It was also and interesting little glimpse at what could happen if Anubis' warriors did invade the SGC.

Comment

I wonder if they did find a new armor of some sort to adapt to the weapons that can actually hurt them, that would be just bad, haha...
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I got bored of this ep. very quickly. I don't know why they bothered making it.

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
              I got bored of this ep. very quickly. I don't know why they bothered making it.
              That was about how I felt.... I got bored with the gun fighting really fast.

Comment

Well, this was one for the 12-24 male demographic.
                Still, Avatar was plenty enjoyable for this 50 something female.

I liked seeing more of "Seymore" Lee , and he's starting to look like quite the hottie with that shadow on his face. Ummmmm.... Hot middle-aged geek....

Loved the smug looks on the group of three who had actually played the game. I could just imagine them in the Doom-style setting having those wierd convos like in those fan films.

I appreciate how they referenced the scientists on (Gamekeeper planet) and the implication that there has been on-going exchanges with them.

Great to see Siler get more action. I knew they'd kill that guy one day.

My one quibble(and there's always at least one ) was when, at the start, Teal'c insisted that the Kull were far more formidible than the game showed them to be. Bah! The game Kull was waay more deadly accurate than any we'd seen thus far in "real life". They should have made that first Kull clumsy - the type that any geek could've brought down, seeing as how it was geeks who programmed it.

Cool moment when all three of SG-1 said "I'll do it" together. It made sense that Daniel would be the one to go, and I expect a plethora of missing scene fanfic explaining how Daniel won the draw.

Daniel was great inside the game, though I fully expected the Armchair of rage guy from Conan O'Brian to show up in the hallway and get his comeuppance from Daniel. Oh, well....

All in all, a good and re-watchable ep. I liked.
                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                  Waitaminute... Sam should have been the one to go help him! If the chair can't read her mind, there's no risk of the game learning anything from her to make it more difficult!

Bah, why did I have to notice this? Curse my brilliant brain!
                  I'm afraid that actually makes no sense. In the original 'gamekeeper' neither Teal'c's nor Carter's minds could be read. This was made clear in the episode. Since now it is clear that Teal'c's mind CAN be, we have no reason to suppose that the original restriction on Carter's mind still exists either.

It seems to me that one of the other reasons they chose Daniel to go in, besides the whole, not wanting to give the chair the tactical experience of two military officers, was Daniel's *belief* that the Goa'uld COULD be defeated. Teal'c had been unable to get out of the game because the chair had found in his subconscious his underlying belief that the Goa'uld were unbeatable in the long run, and it had incorporated that belief into the scenarios to make them unwinnable. Daniel, on the other hand, brought hope and optimism into the game - it's what he does. So once he had entered the game, the chair assimilated those beliefs as well, and adjusted the scenarios so that it was possible to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                    Well, this was one for the 12-24 male demographic.
                    Still, Avatar was plenty enjoyable for this 50 something female.
                    Plenty enjoyable for this 40 something female as well. Does that mean we're young at heart?

Daniel was great inside the game, though I fully expected the Armchair of rage guy from Conan O'Brian to show up in the hallway and get his comeuppance from Daniel. Oh, well....
                    LOL! That would have been great. They could have included that scene from the skit where Pierre gets shot in the hallway by the off-screen Daniel Jackson. Except this time we'd get to see Daniel do it.
                    Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by MagnoliaAnaglypta
                      I'm afraid that actually makes no sense. In the original 'gamekeeper' neither Teal'c's nor Carter's minds could be read. This was made clear in the episode. Since now it is clear that Teal'c's mind CAN be, we have no reason to suppose that the original restriction on Carter's mind still exists either.

It seems to me that one of the other reasons they chose Daniel to go in, besides the whole, not wanting to give the chair the tactical experience of two military officers, was Daniel's *belief* that the Goa'uld COULD be defeated. Teal'c had been unable to get out of the game because the chair had found in his subconscious his underlying belief that the Goa'uld were unbeatable in the long run, and it had incorporated that belief into the scenarios to make them unwinnable. Daniel, on the other hand, brought hope and optimism into the game - it's what he does. So once he had entered the game, the chair assimilated those beliefs as well, and adjusted the scenarios so that it was possible to win.

First, we can explain the chair's ability to read Teal'c's mind by the fact that he no longer *has* a primtah--which was the problem the first time. Sam, OTOH, still *does* have the remnants of Jolinar in her system, and thus, the machine couldn't read her and, therefore, she couldn't hook into the game.

(One thing that this ep told us about Gamekeeper was that the Teal'c and Sam in those "dreams" were not real; they were constructs of the game, as Sam and Jack were in Avatar. If the machine could not hook into their minds and read them, then it couldn't bring them into the game for real.)

Second, as to optimism: I'm sorry, but there is no way that Daniel believes that the Goa'uld can be defeated more than Jack and Sam do. In fact, Daniel is only newly-come to the belief that the SGC is having an effect. Go back to "Meridian", in which Daniel basically said (this is not exact words): I couldn't save Sha're or Sarah and every time we defeat a Goa'uld, a new one takes his place. We aren't accomplishing anything and I'm leaving." Since his return, we've seen a change. OTOH, Jack always believed that the fight was worth fighting: Earth was still standing and still progressing, and that meant they were having an effect. (Daniel has not even been optimistic about other things: for example, in "Past and Present", we see that he gave up on saving Sha're long before she actually died.)

The ep made it very clear, when it explained why Jack couldn't go in, why Daniel was picked: he was the safest one to go. The least experienced fighter and the one with essentially no expertise in that area. Yes, he has improved to the point where he will hold up his end of a firefight, but he has no skills in weaponry, tactics, strategy or ops. The machine could not learn anything from him. Daniel was sent in because he couldn't make the situation worse by giving the machine information it didn't already have.

What saved them in the end was that SG-1, including its former CO, trusted each other enough to work together to take out the bomb and the Goa'uld, the last two threats. Once all of the threats were eliminated, the game ended.

J.
                      "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

I would still like to buy one in a computer store near me.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
                          Second, as to optimism: I'm sorry, but there is no way that Daniel believes that the Goa'uld can be defeated more than Jack and Sam do. In fact, Daniel is only newly-come to the belief that the SGC is having an effect. Go back to "Meridian", in which Daniel basically said (this is not exact words): I couldn't save Sha're or Sarah and every time we defeat a Goa'uld, a new one takes his place. We aren't accomplishing anything and I'm leaving." Since his return, we've seen a change. OTOH, Jack always believed that the fight was worth fighting: Earth was still standing and still progressing, and that meant they were having an effect. (Daniel has not even been optimistic about other things: for example, in "Past and Present", we see that he gave up on saving Sha're long before she actually died.)
                          I'm going to have to...partially...disagree with you on this. I do agree that before his ascension, Daniel wasn't all that optimistic about the fight against the Goa'uld. However, after thinking it over, all of his pessimism was related to his failings. In 'Meridian' we see the best example of how useless he felt his contribution was, especially in regards to Sarah and Sha're. He was extremely hard on himself in that episode, IMO.

However, when it comes to other people, Daniel doesn't act the same way. He tends to have more hope and faith in other people than himself, and he's been that way since the beginning. (The quote in his journal about Jack from 'Fire and Water' comes to mind, about saving Sha're and Skaara..."If anyone can do it, Jack can.") He also excels at lifting others up, and we've seen that all through the seasons, and a lot this season, with the Russian fellow in 'Lockdown', Leda in 'Icon', and finally Teal'c in 'Avatar'.

Was that why he was sent in? No, the episode made it clear he was sent in because he had the least tactical knowledge of the three. Did the game pick this up from him and was it one of many contributing factors that helped them win? I like to think so.

Comment

I don't know if this has been mention or not. Has DJ been working out or is it his black t-shirt that makes his muscles look bigger?

Comment

Originally posted by acdj31
                              I thought his hair looked funny. Like he forgot to comb it or something.
                              I didn't think the CG Daniel looked very much like him at all. The hair looked more like it did in the first two seasons than it does now. It was parted in the middle and longer on top.

Which makes me kind of scared that they are going to use the same look for him in the actual video game.

On a side note, CG Sam looked pretty good from what we saw of her.

Comment

oh, that was so good! i so enjoyed that. i felt so sorry for tealc when he finally gave up (brilliant acting by CJ, btw). i loved all the different scenarios, even if daniel did tend to get shot a lot (again? what's with shooting daniel this season?). and what a fantastic reservoir dogs moment, with them all pointing their guns at each other!! and siler as a gou'ald...brilliant, just brilliant.

and teal'c seems to have rather a shippy view of jack and sam...jack moving in between sam and teal'c's gun (action jack is back!! wonderful!) more action jack!), various little looks...

either way, i don't care if this is an advert for the game, it was FANTSATIC. i really enjoyed it.
                                Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Working...
                                X