Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm reading all your posts on the episode being game commercial and stuff, but i didn't see any comment if you thought it was a bad commerical or not haha, if you did Shadow, i missed it sorry
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

My basic opinion is that while the individual elements of the ep had some good stuff, I didn't like the over-all effect.

As for the gaming portions, I despise first-person shooter games, so no, I didn't particularly care for that aspect of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Oh yes. That clears things up perfectly.

Say it again in English, please, Carter.
        Well Sir, Theres 2 forms of prerendering

One is using a pre-rendered game inengines for animation purposes. it's a more efficent way of creating large projects by using, establishied team to animate individual charactors. Called Machinma

Second way is to use a 3D animator program to model, plan and act the entire scene out. This more time comsuming that acting out using Machinma

The differents between them is using a 3d Animation is simply smoother and doesn't jolt or lag. As it Live Animation and rendered in real-time @ lower quailty
        For 3D rendering keeps it smooth and high quality. 30 seconds of footage may take 10-30hrs to render

Comment

This was a good show and my only problem with it is that I got this massive star trek "holodeck breaks down" feeling from it. Right from the start I thought "if this where a star trek episode he would get trapped in there and nobody outside could unplugg him without killing him".

And I think your right in that season 1-6 Jack would have gone in and then the whole plotline would have been that Jack could somehow talk Teal´c into trully believing that he could defeat the Gould and then they could finally beat the system. That would have further built up their bondc and been much more of a character builder for Teal´c.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
            This was a good show and my only problem with it is that I got this massive star trek "holodeck breaks down" feeling from it. Right from the start I thought "if this where a star trek episode he would get trapped in there and nobody outside could unplugg him without killing him".

And I think your right in that season 1-6 Jack would have gone in and then the whole plotline would have been that Jack could somehow talk Teal´c into trully believing that he could defeat the Gould and then they could finally beat the system. That would have further built up their bondc and been much more of a character builder for Teal´c.
            That episodes already happen. Remember teal'c got caught in the stargate cause the other stargate was destoryed before the buffer could spilt him out. After the other stargate was destoryed

I was kind of hoping Jack to entering the game. They keep on dick teasing us. To when he's gonna start to pick up a weapon again and fire it

Comment

>>>>I thought the SGC should have never considered using the chair if they couldn't turn it off from the outside without injuring the user.<<<<

Well one of the things I really appreciate about the writing for this show is that unlike Trek and worse sci fi, our heroes screw up and do so frequently and spectacularly. It keeps the realism since people of our level of knowledge are messing about with advanced equipment and DO NOT know everything about it. We have a high probablilty of overlooking something or just being in over our heads. THAT situation is what is real to me. Carter thought they had 2 fail safes. But something went wrong. That is normal. What is reckless is that they put a valuable member of the program in it first after the scientists.
              Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
                Jack's still ahead. <<g>> He died every time.

J.
                I don't think he died the last time as Daniel and Teal'c finished the game. Unless, you're not counting that time, then, he did died every time.

Comment

Haha... the pop culture references keep rolling. This reminded me of Window of Opportunity in some ways for obvious reasons, but it was enjoyable.

Hey... yeah -- you know, the in-game parts on that monitor looked pretty convincing like a real computer game. I'm reading more about how they did it -- thanks for posting details, thetron. REALLY cool that the base mechanics of the real game we'll play and what we saw on the show will actually be similar!

I found when the Kull soldier went to punch out Teal'c, that was SOOO funny and out-of-character (why punch when you can kill more efficiently?). But the ingame graphics were a blast to look at, especially the ingame Daniel, what little we saw of him. Ingame Teal'c had too skinny an arm though, I think. Chris Judge has YUGE biceps and that definitely wasn't accurate.

Most of the time when they do the VR Game on a sci-fi show, the graphics look totally sucky and unconvincing and unanalogous to the games we all know and play. That X-Files episode, for example, had a horrid depiction (spinning cowgirls and whatnot, ugh). This was one of the few times it really felt like it was a game and not just some mock-up like so many mangled computer interfaces done wrong.
                  Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                  more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                    Yah, it kind of felt like a fast pace Dead Zone episode with much more visions
                    I've never seen Dead Zone the series, but actually ya know, the camera ramping -- how it would suddenly scroll real fast and pan in behind Teal'c's head and then settle or something -- reminded me of another Dead show, Dead Like me... which uses these camera tricks a lot.

The new weapon with adaptive modulation that Teal'c fired seem to have rainbow bursts of energy coming out of it or something! That was colorful. I also noticed the subtle changes of lighting in the "gameworld", the way it was lit was eerily different.

Poor virtual Siler!

You know, what would be cool is if this scenario was ACTUALLY part of the game! Kind of a Kobayashi Maru for the here and now!

There were also the little things... how the items would subtlely move position in a room each time. I thought there was going to be a respawning joke too.
                    Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                    more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Awww my question didnt get answered Or maybe no one knows.... But incase no one saw it... Does anyone know when they will repeat Avatar??

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
                      MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

[QUOTE=Torley]I've never seen Dead Zone the series, but actually ya know, the camera ramping -- how it would suddenly scroll real fast and pan in behind Teal'c's head and then settle or something -- reminded me of another Dead show, Dead Like me... which uses these camera tricks a lot.
                        QUOTE]
                        O, yah! Thats also another good example And by the way, very good show

Originally posted by Nikiirose
                        Awww my question didnt get answered Or maybe no one knows.... But incase no one saw it... Does anyone know when they will repeat Avatar??
                        Well the only time i think they repeated Avatar was after SG:A and SG:1 both aired their first run episodes, you can check GW or Scifi's schedule though
                        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

OK, watched it again since my life is sad and I taped it. For some reason, I still laugh hysterically when people die, especially the first time Jack died. I know, it's terrible, but it was really like when people "die" in video games! Except for Jack, that was slightly overdone. And then at the last scenario when Jack randomly wanders into the shot "You guys OK?"

Yeah, I know, I'm stupid for finding this stuff amusing.
                          Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                          RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

SPOILERS (not a lot)
                            I

really liked this one!
                            but of course, I like anything where Michael Shanks wears short sleeve shirts. Did you see those arms? They remind me of Spike's (from Buffy) arms but 23% more manly.

We got a lot of pop culture! Like matrix, and doom. It's amazing that I never thought of the life SG1 must have outside the base. O'neil saw Matrix. I wonder what Daniel's favourite movie is. I can just see him busting a gut while watching "The Mummy". Or maybe ranting his head off, who knows.

Teal'c is absolutely great. In the begining I thought he smiled a little to much but then we see how he slowly gets really depressed and those lips express everything! And I so liked it when Daniel says : "We'll do this together"
                            Did anyone start singing : "Babe, I got you babe..." ?
                            And next week's episode is "To save Teal'c Daniel must cross a line"... well, don't get me wrong, I wuv em together... but didn't we already do this. The whole crossing a line thing.
                            Homer Simpson: I'm not a religious man, but if you're up there... save me Superman!

Michael Shanks concerning his character:
                            "O'neil is a warrior, Carter is a warrior, Teal'c is a warrior... somebody has to be the damsel in distress "

Stargate SG1 is my happy place.

Comment

SPOILERS (not a lot)
                              I

really liked this one!
                              but of course, I like anything where Michael Shanks wears short sleeve shirts. Did you see those arms? They remind me of Spike's (from Buffy) arms but 23% more manly.

We got a lot of pop culture! Like matrix, and doom. It's amazing that I never thought of the life SG1 must have outside the base. O'neil saw Matrix. I wonder what Daniel's favourite movie is. I can just see him busting a gut while watching "The Mummy". Or maybe ranting his head off, who knows.

Teal'c is absolutely great. In the begining I thought he smiled a little to much but then we see how he slowly gets really depressed and those lips express everything! And I so liked it when Daniel says : "We'll do this together"
                              Did anyone start singing : "Babe, I got you babe..." ?
                              And next week's episode is "To save Teal'c Daniel must cross a line"... well, don't get me wrong, I wuv em together... but didn't we already do this. The whole crossing a line thing.
                              Homer Simpson: I'm not a religious man, but if you're up there... save me Superman!

Michael Shanks concerning his character:
                              "O'neil is a warrior, Carter is a warrior, Teal'c is a warrior... somebody has to be the damsel in distress "

Stargate SG1 is my happy place.

Comment

I'm bad as I've only read half this thread so far so I apologize if I'm repeating others.

I really liked this one for Teal'C's character development! It wasn't the best episode I've seen and the constant alarm sirens in the background were really grating my nerves. But the part where Teal'C falls down and sits in the hall over and over and over again really goes to show how much Teal'C's changed since the beginning. I was watching The First Commandment the other day and Jack told Teal'C to smile and he just showed his teeth. Now Teal'C really knows what it's like to be happy and completely free.

It made me want to cry. Especially the part where Daniel comes into the game and Teal'C says, "It won't let me out." in a defeated voice.

I like the piece of information that Teal'C didn't believe 6 years ago that they'd ever beat the Goa'uld and the inference that today, he does think differently about the subject.

Regarding next week's episode...

Spoiler:
                                I've been excited all season about Teal'C getting an off-base apartment. I just really hope that what ever happens during this Friday's episode doesn't ruin those plans completely.

I just really love the way Teal'C is developing. I think he's come the furthest of all SG-1 in terms of character.

Comment

Working...
                                X