No announcement yet.

Icon (805)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i do like stand alone episode and the idea was great but something was lacking in it and i cannot think what it was!?
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
      Perhaps it was nice to see a more mature woman like Daniel, but I really would prefer to see a woman introduced in the story that didn't automatically become the love interest for one of the major characters. A woman who is independent and truly loyal to her significant other would have been ideal. It seemed Leda began as that type of character, but I groaned when her husband asked if she had feelings for Daniel.

Sure she had feelings for Daniel, my point was she didn't wallow in them. I'm not saying it's a good thing she had these emotions, which is a form of infidelity I suppose. But she seemed to regret this and I believe had a strong attachment and loyalty to her husband. I think the entire episode was an exploration of human strengths and frailties and the choices they make. Both in the small and larger issues of life.

And while I see your point about the perpetual love-interest thing, I think they've done rather well in that regard. I mean looking back, the characters rarely have more than one real love-interest a season. (Not counting season 8 which I've dubbed "The Year of Infidelity") That's really not a bad record for a TV show I don't think.

Comment

Please excuse me if this question has been asked before; I looked through the pages on this episode, and can't find a reference to it.

Does anyone know who does the voice of Treydan in this episode? I swear I've heard his voice before, but I can't quite place it (I keep thinking of the anime Gundam, but I don't know why).

I've checked here and also several places (tv.com, and the IMDB, among them), but I can't find who was the voice. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Great mission I loved the battle strategy at the end.
          sigpic

Comment

I thoufht this episode was one of the most boring of the whole series. Well-acted, at least, but <yawn>. Though its sequel in S9 (Ethon)was probably the best of the season. Go figure.

I tihnk what was missing from the ep was the stargate. Twas hardly used, IIRC.

Suse
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

What do you mean the entire episode was based around the stargate???
              sigpic

Comment

I love these off world episodes..........did they actually say the anem of the planet in the episode......on the DVD it says the planet's name was something like Tegalus, and if it was said, then where?

Comment

I don't remember where they said it exactly but i remember that the name of the planet is tegalus.

I know for a fact they mentioned it in ethon.
                  sigpic

Comment

I thought that this ep was okay, not brilliant, but not disastrous either.

It had it's moments.
                    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer View Post
                      Loved seeing Carter in charge, and being in charge as a soldier. She looked more comfortable this time than in the brief scene in Zero Hour. They did the military tactics in the take over of the base really well. It seemed quite belieable to me.
                      Even though I wish Jack was still on the team and in command, seeing Carter in charge was awesome. Her giving orders and directions was nicely shot.

Originally posted by Animalian View Post
                      Ok everytime I heard the name Saron (sp?) and all that I was like...suddenly expecting a litle Hobbit to pop out with a Ring. I swear, i could not get that out of my head!
                      Lol! Being a huge Lord of the Rings fan, I also had the same problem.

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                      Teal'c just plopping down in Jack's office had me laughing
                      I loved the look Jack gave Teal'c after that, it was hilarious. Also liked the "squigly" (sp?) lines between Jack and Daniel.

Overall, while not one of the best episodes, I thought the story and acting was good and what I expect from a solid Sg-1 ep.
                      "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
                      S/J all the way!
                      Big Honkin' Resolution!
                      sigpic
                      John/Teyla Shipper!
                      SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

I am surprised O'niell did not arrested Soran and his men, when they came to talk to Earth.
                        He had a mad man, or basickly a terrorist in his hands and he simply lated him go.
                        We are born capable of greatness... If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:

Comment

Originally posted by EarthandBeyond View Post
                          I am surprised O'niell did not arrested Soran and his men, when they came to talk to Earth.
                          He had a mad man, or basickly a terrorist in his hands and he simply lated him go.
                          It wasn't their right nor was it within their authority to arrest him. He was at the SGC in a capacity as a head of state, and therefore would have had diplomatic immunity from any kind of prosecution. Moreso, arresting him would have only complicated the already tenuous situation back on his homeworld at a time when they needed it as stable as possible. A society breaking at the seams under a tyrannical madman is still better than total anarchy, we only need to look at some places on Earth right now to see that.

The fact of the matter is that sometimes the right thing to do is to just mind your own business. Bide your time for when it is appropriate to act, and then and only then is it time to act with everything you can muster.
                          Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                          Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                          Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                          - Serenity

Comment

after watching this episode, i realize how much I miss seeing Jack in action with SG1. Its just weird.

Anyway the episode is not bad, best part is probably the action in the end

Comment

After a good start to season 8, this was a distinctly average episode.

Comment

Not a bad episode. I liked it even if not my favorite.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X