Zero Hour (804)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dani347
    Hated it. It was like "Jack's the funny one. He opens his mouth, it's funny. Lets write a quip for him."

Flashes? Flickers, maybe. And, I couldn't care less about that stupid plant.
    Flickers is indeed a fitting word. Not sending the active ZPM through was a flicker. I liked the plant - only really good part of the episode. TPTB handled RDA's reduced time poorly this and last Season, reducing his itnelligence to a bare minimum.
    The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

I think jack is alot smarter then he let's show.

These "quips" are what he is that IS his character.

I find 98% of his jokes pretty damn funny.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
        I think jack is alot smarter then he let's show.

These "quips" are what he is that IS his character.

I find 98% of his jokes pretty damn funny.
        And he showed that intelligence a GREAT deal MORE in the eariler seasons. There is a difference between concealing your intelligence and being an idiot 98% of the time.

His humour has also changed over the Seasons to the point where it is rarely funny (and certianly 'appropiate') any more. I love Jack. Colonel Jonathon 'Jack' O'Neill is my favourite character who I saw as intelligent, funny, determined to get the job done and honorable - and yes, occasionally a dark character, who does what is necessary (and sometimes questionable as to how right and moral that action was).

I don't see that any more - that side is shown too rarely and had a little to do with the actor not wanting to be there - which I understand and sympthasise - and mainly rubbish writing on TPTB side.

And saying that jokes make the character is a very sad thing because it means that Jack O'Neill is nothing more than a WALKING JOKE - and who likes or respects someone who only flings off quips when he ought to be doing his duty?

In the past Jack combined his humour with his duty ... and it did not get in the way, or make a mockery of the seriousness of the situation. In my opinion that is what TPTB have reduced a brilliant character to.
        The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

I agree. Jack may have been smarter than he let on in the early seasons, but back then, it was a highly intelligent person posing as a moderately intelligent one. Later seasons, Jack seemed to want to pretend to be Homer Simpson. Also, Jack was not just a walking punch line.
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis345
            i liked how they showed RDA gettin sedlled in the Man Chair that Hammond use to have and how they showed sam second geussing herself i really all in all loved this EP
            I liked that they both had new roles to adjust to.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis345
              i liked how they showed RDA gettin sedlled in the Man Chair that Hammond use to have and how they showed sam second geussing herself i really all in all loved this EP
              yeah, i liked that too. i thought at and rda were really good in this ep, i liked the plant story line too, it made me laugh.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

I'm watching the episode right now on Sky 2 (UK channel) and I am wondering if the device of Camulus' was ever mentioned again?

sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. I understand how some people find Jack's humor inappropriate, but it's just who he is. As many others have commented, the opening was definitely an homage to Radar and M*A*S*H. Wonderful! I thought the whole episode was a lot of fun. And I was totally surprised about how it ended. After all that, I was sure he wouldn't stay in command!

Question though - I actually don't remember hearing "It's what we/I do" before Wormhole X-treme. I found the line funny in Wormhole X-Treme just because it's a response. It was only after that episode that I noticed Jack saying it. So, when did it first appear and how often has it been uttered?
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

I LOOOOOOOOVED this ep!!! Jack was so much better in this than he was the whole of Season 7 (apart from Lost City, which picked up) - in S7, in the brief moments he was there, it was just to throw a random, not even funny punchline... This was SO much better!

"It's what I do!"
                    I loved him locking the delegates in the VIP room too, heehee!

I just think this ep had everything - the twists at the end TOTALLY got me (I was convinced Gilmore was some infiltrated Go'auld or something, and had NO idea that SG-1 was just stuck!).

LOVED Jacks interactions with Hammond - I thought the letter was done fantastically (especially the zoom in at the end, and I'd love to see the full transcript too!), and I thought the phone call from Hammond was really nice and touching (especially Jack not being able to get used to calling Hammond George!).

Chevron Guy had lines!!!! - "He's not like other... People.."
                    "We're REALLY glad you're here"
                    and the whole anticipating Jack's objections =D

The plant!! Twas fantastic!! "It's a plant"...

The support and respect Jack has is fantastic, and was really nicely shown (nice references back to Abyss too).

ZPM idea was clever!

I just thought it was fantastic to see everything he has to deal with, and it's all the kind of stuff Jack hates! And he managed superbly to cope. Although, all the way through, I was just imagining the course SG-1 may have taken if Jack had been General throughout the series, lol - twould be very different!!!
                    Sig by SamJackShipLover, thank you!!

"The Titanic lies in 13,000 feet of water on a gently sloping alpinelike countryside overlooking a small canyon below. Its bow faces north and the ship sits upright on the bottom. There is no light at this great depth and little life can be found. It is a quiet and peaceful and fitting place for the remains of this greatest of sea tradgedies to rest. May it forever remain that way and may God bless these found souls." - Robert D. Ballard, 1985.

Comment

Originally posted by meimei View Post
                      The whole first scene had me hysterical!! It was like watching Radar and Col. Blake on MASH!!

Too much!!
                      I know! With Walter knowing everything (Raydar) and theres Jack, he's got no idea whats going on! (Col. Blake) Oh man that brings back memories!

Originally posted by OrangeShipper View Post
                      I LOOOOOOOOVED this ep!!! Jack was so much better in this than he was the whole of Season 7 (apart from Lost City, which picked up) - in S7, in the brief moments he was there, it was just to throw a random, not even funny punchline... This was SO much better!

"It's what I do!"
                      I loved him locking the delegates in the VIP room too, heehee!

I just think this ep had everything - the twists at the end TOTALLY got me (I was convinced Gilmore was some infiltrated Go'auld or something, and had NO idea that SG-1 was just stuck!).

LOVED Jacks interactions with Hammond - I thought the letter was done fantastically (especially the zoom in at the end, and I'd love to see the full transcript too!), and I thought the phone call from Hammond was really nice and touching (especially Jack not being able to get used to calling Hammond George!).

Chevron Guy had lines!!!! - "He's not like other... People.."
                      "We're REALLY glad you're here"
                      and the whole anticipating Jack's objections =D

The plant!! Twas fantastic!! "It's a plant"...

The support and respect Jack has is fantastic, and was really nicely shown (nice references back to Abyss too).

ZPM idea was clever!

I just thought it was fantastic to see everything he has to deal with, and it's all the kind of stuff Jack hates! And he managed superbly to cope. Although, all the way through, I was just imagining the course SG-1 may have taken if Jack had been General throughout the series, lol - twould be very different!!!
                      Yes

Comment

Loved the Little Shop of Horrors line "Well, thank you, Seymour!" It had me in stitches!

Loved this episode! Humorously dealing with something that was actually rather serious for Jack! True O'Neill style!
                        sigpic

Comment

Walter/Jack are so funny together!!

Oh lol and Camulas is still my favorite Goa'uld!
                          Last edited by GATEGOD; 07 March 2008, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Like this ep alot, gave me lots of laughs. Especially those plants thing, and the part with Jack mouth shown through a magnifying glass, lol

Comment

And to think I was briefing through saturday reruns of sci fi on channel 29, when this show came on and I wrote it off as a boring series!!! What a difference a few years makes!

Anyway, can someone tell me who the guy was that was in the hazmat suit, when him and Jack were walking down to the hall and they got on the elevator together. I didn't recognize his face.

Comment

Lucky us that Jack did not hand in his resignation letter to General Hammond. Being a SGC commander is no easy job, I think Jack handled it quite well by making jokes all around, but still getting serious on dangerous gate travel assignments.

To answer your question, gatechick, I think that guy was Gilmor, the new administrative aide to General O'Neill.
                                sigpic
                                Sign by me

Comment

Working...
                                X