No announcement yet.

Lockdown (803)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this has nothing to do with anything people are talking about right now, but i loved when Daniel kept asking "Who shot me?"
    My top three favorite Atlantis characters:
    1. Maj. John Sheppard
    2. Dr. Beckett
    3. Dr. Elizabeth Weir

My top three favorite SG-1 characters:
    1. Dr. Daniel Jackson (hence the username)
    2. Tie: Maj. Samantha Carter, Colonel Jonathan 'Jack' O'Neill (duh)
    3. Jacob Carter

(and also, even though my name is Danny-boy, i am actually a girl who REALLY likes Daniel Jackson [and Jack called him that once])

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
      But Anubis wasn't in Daniel when Carter zatted him so Anubis's presense couldn't have kept him concious.
      OK, I'm confused, I'll have to watch the episode again. I thought you were talking about the scene where Daniel was shooting up the gate room. He was still posessed by Anubis then... If you were talking about when posessed Carter zatted Daniel, I thought he went down pretty quickly with little-to-no hesitation. I could be wrong, which is why I'll have to watch the episode again.

EDIT: And yes, the "Who shot me?" sequence was classic!

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
        Did Sam give the addy a "KS" designation??? Anybody here know what kind of heavenly body that might refer to? He's obviously not stranded on a planet or moon, or comet or asteroid, or....
        Why, yes, TH, Sam did give that addy a KS designation.

I Googled dictionary of astronimical terms(gotta love google!) and the best I could come up with was Kelvin:

(after Lord Kelvin, 1824 - 1907) The Kelvin temperature scale measures an object's temperature above absolute zero, the theoretical coldest possible temperature.

So I figure that maybe Daniel's finally getting to them, and they're sorta, kinda, giving Gate destinations names instead of just numbers(season 1, Broca Divide). But, Sam being Sam, she'd give the names of Earth's top scientists to the places she gets to name. And, hey, the place was chilly.

Of course, my theory stalls at "S." I have no idea how to explain "S."

Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
          Why, yes, TH, Sam did give that addy a KS designation.

I Googled dictionary of astronimical terms(gotta love google!) and the best I could come up with was Kelvin:

(after Lord Kelvin, 1824 - 1907) The Kelvin temperature scale measures an object's temperature above absolute zero, the theoretical coldest possible temperature.

So I figure that maybe Daniel's finally getting to them, and they're sorta, kinda, giving Gate destinations names instead of just numbers(season 1, Broca Divide). But, Sam being Sam, she'd give the names of Earth's top scientists to the places she gets to name. And, hey, the place was chilly.

Of course, my theory stalls at "S." I have no idea how to explain "S."

system maybe?

Comment

well, you figure that for the past 7 seasons, they have been giving planets their names through a binary system, like P4X-639 (good episode planet), so why not a KS-797 or whatever?
            Last edited by Andy867; 27 July 2004, 08:41 PM.
            Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Since Camulus was granted asylum in New Order, how come he wasn't mentioned in Lockdown? Had he been moved off base before now?

And why wasn't Teal'c taken over? He doesn't have a symbiote anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                Since Camulus was granted asylum in New Order, how come he wasn't mentioned in Lockdown? Had he been moved off base before now?

And why wasn't Teal'c taken over? He doesn't have a symbiote anymore.
                I think they didn't mention Camulus because he wasn't important i guess, but i don't think they would move him out of the SGC just yet, but i guess a little mention should have happened

I guess Anubis doesn't like Jaffa bodies But yah, me was wondering the same thing.
                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

my guess is that Anubis figured that joining with Teal'c wouldnt have made much difference whereas getting into Daniel, O'Neill or Carter would have proved more useful, or perhaps the "goa'uld" in anubis resented Teal'c and would rather posses a human than a shol'va.

Its possible that Steve Bacic wasnt available for shooting that episode, which would explain why he was never mentioned or shown, which in turn could be written off by the writers saying that he had been transported somewhere off base for interrogation (and to keep him away from the stargate)

Comment

Andy, you might be correct. I'm sure Anubis didn't even think about Teal'c unless he didn't have any other choice. But he chose who he did for a reason!
                    __

__

Comment

Its also possible that since Teal'c did have a symbiote at one point, and since his genetic make-up originally required a symbiote, he might have been immune to Anubis. Or Anubis didnt even know that Teal'c didn't possess a symbiote (since he didnt want to risk using his powers even to check teal'c out, since it would have revealed himself to the Ancients)

Comment

Maybe the trotenian makes them immune to another symbiote. Now there's a question!
                        __

__

Comment

How did DJ know that Anubis was in him? Was it because he had been ascended once and knew when someone that had been ascended, like Anubis that could go from one person to another.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                            Maybe the trotenian makes them immune to another symbiote. Now there's a question!
                            Ah, but Anubis is no longer a Goa'uld symbiote. The normal rules don't apply!
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

but if you remember, Daniel Jackson said that the Goa'uld in anubis had ascended, so essentially it was still the goa'uld symbiote, just in a pure-energy form, so its plausible that since Teal'c had a symbiote of his own, plus he is using the immune system of a Tok'Ra symbiote (Tretonin), it might not be possible for anubis to join with Teal'c.

Comment

Yes, but my point it that since Anubis is a half-ascended blob of energy, him taking over human hosts probably doesn't affect them the same way as a physical takeover by a normal Goa'uld would.

Of, course, this is just speculation.
                                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
                                X