• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imo, it was good, and above most of the bad episodes in S7
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
      So the entire time, prior the demise of Abydos Anubis *never* used his powers?? The destruction of Abydos, wasn't that a weapon of the Ancients that Anubis used? So wouldn't that in fact have been using his superior abilities to an unfair advantage? I know, actually a moot point now.
      I just think that particular aspect really hasn't been explained all that well.
      I'm guessing that that is how it went. As for unfair advantage: If they should have stopped Anubis at Abydos, then they should have stopped Jack in Lost City.

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
      Um... bit of confusion, here. All Ancients may be Ascended, but not all Ascended are Ancients. ie: Daniel, Anubis, and Jaffa(strongly hinted at in MI).

Nuby can use Ancient tech all he wants, fool around with it, make alterations, destroy whole planets with it, etc, and the Ascended wouldn't even give a sign that they'd noticed. But just let him use Ascended power in the realm of mortals and that (apparently) will get their attention.

I think....
      That seems to be the size of it.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      And I still want to know what happened to Anubis. No way I'm buying that as his ultimate end.
      I don't know, but it sure looks like that what they're selling.
      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        My hot temper will melt the snow?
        You paying attention, Vasselov?
        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
          You paying attention, Vasselov?
          If he were cuter, I'd offer to warm him up. Aren't Russians supposed to be hot-blooded? Obviously not hot-blooded enough, though. Poor Vassy. I liked him a lot better than certain other characters I could mention...

Comment

SPOILER AHEAD FOR SECOND HALF OF SEASON 8.

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
            I don't know, but it sure looks like that what they're selling.

I saw a quote from--I think it was RCC--that seemed to suggest that there would be an ep in the second half that brings closure to Daniel's story with Anubis. I took that to mean that Nuby finds yet another way to get back into the action.

J.
            "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Yeah, there is no way a frozen body can hold him..I mean all he has to do is leave it and then go out into space right?

Comment

Threads
                Spoiler:
                Well, we know he gets away
                , but I rather doubt he just floats off into space. After all, floating around in space didnt' seem to make him a happy black cloud in this episode.

Comment

Maybe coincidentally a vessel in hyper space might come by the planet and he hitches a ride on that...

Can you imagine what would happen if he..

SPOILER FOR NEW ORDER

hooked up with those replicators?

That would be a major threat.

Comment

My guess is that
                    Spoiler:
                    some alien species detected the Gate energy and went to inspect it, found Anubis in the Russian's body, and brought him aboard and dethawed him and once he was free, he slowly took over the ship so that he could get back to his planet which has the forcefield generator.
                    Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

BIIIG problem with this epp (something I noticed first time through, but just didn't have the time to post then) --
                      Anyone else here familiar with Harry Potter?
                      First book, Sorcerer's Stone, Philosopher's stone in England...
                      Voldemort, the bad guy, had done so many things to ensure his immortality waaay before the book starts, and he was 'killed' - but not quite. Some of the things worked, and - guess what - he was a non-corporeal beagin capable of inhabiting other bodies but incapable of doing spells.
                      Oh, and the snakes he inhabits (mentioned in a later book) die a little fast, though the human he inhabits in book one is only detrimentally affected by Voldie because Voldie is a bad guy...
                      Anyhow, this plot, Anubis, 'infection', he's gotta get past the gauntlet to make himself all-powerful again, non-corporeal...
                      Do the writers read Harry Potter?
                      Big problem...
                      Inter spem et metum - Between hope and fear
                      ---
                      It is told that Buddha, going out to look on life, was greatly daunted by death. "They all eat one another!" he cried, and called it evil. This process I examined, changed the verb, said, "They all feed one another," and called it good.
                      Charlotte Perkins Gilman

Comment

That's hardly an idea that originated with Harry Potter.

Comment

Ok, I can tell ya now that the writers are definitely NOT big fans of HP, so any reference to the two is VERY VERY LOOSE, Its like trying to say stargate is related to Young and the Restless (S/J)
                          Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

still - I DO have a point.
                            It's pretty funny to see overt tributes to Star Wars in SG-1 sometimes - but it bugged the heck out of me to see that the Vader-substitute is capable of inhabiting people just like some one else from a FANTASY story!
                            The whole thing irked me and there wasn't enough comedy to overcome that - in retrospect, I think this episode was worth watching only in tying up a few loose ends (and pointing out which ones are still loose) and seeing how Jack likes his office.
                            Otherwise? Pretty worthless. Definently one for me to miss here on out.
                            Later!
                            Inter spem et metum - Between hope and fear
                            ---
                            It is told that Buddha, going out to look on life, was greatly daunted by death. "They all eat one another!" he cried, and called it evil. This process I examined, changed the verb, said, "They all feed one another," and called it good.
                            Charlotte Perkins Gilman

Comment

Originally posted by SilverCatofBast
                              still - I DO have a point.
                              Not a big one in my opinion. Any relation is tangental and, as far as I can tell, a tortured tangent.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverCatofBast
                                Do the writers read Harry Potter?
                                Big problem...
                                I'm sorry, but you're really reaching here. Anubis' state in this episode was a natural progression of what has happened with him up to this point in the series. So it happens to share a few vague similarities with Harry Potter... Big deal.
                                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
                                X