Lockdown (803)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JMallozzi
    Anubis doesn't require a body to go through the gate. However, by the time he was found out (in Daniel), he never got another opportunity. Also, he would have needed a host body to dial the gate in the first place.
    So what was the point of the confrontation in the gateroom? Why risk staying in ANY physical body and risk someone coming along and shooting/zatting you? And why accept the Russian's offer? SGC folk are gonna be less likely to shoot Jack than some random Russian dude. And if Anubis thinks he's going back to his secret base or whatever, then he should feel safe enough there to not need a body. Or so I would think...

Comment

Re: the mashed consistency of Russets vs. Yukon Golds. Its true. We found out the hard way last Christmas when my sister made mash that had the consistency of glue.

Comment

Re: the Ancient rules.

Anubis could fly around all he want. However, if he uses his powers as an ascended being (as Daniel was about to at the end of Full Circle before he was snatched), then that would sound the alarm.

Comment

"So what was the point of the confrontation in the gateroom? Why risk staying in ANY physical body and risk someone coming along and shooting/zatting you?"

- At that point, Anubis assumed he was going to get away scot free and, given the choice, better to leave through the stargate in someone's body and then ditch it when you're offworld than actually float through the gate and let everyone know you survived the attack that destroyed your fleet.

"And why accept the Russian's offer? SGC folk are gonna be less likely to shoot Jack than some random Russian dude."

The SGC folk, maybe - however, it was the Russian who had the gun out and he appeared more than willing to shoot Jack.

" nd if Anubis thinks he's going back to his secret base or whatever, then he should feel safe enough there to not need a body. Or so I would think..."

True but, again, he would need some sort of vessel (ie. a human host) to interact with this material plane.

Comment

Good points. And I suppose after all this time, even his most loyal followers would have deserted his base. Hmm...

So can you tell us if Anubis really did allow himself to freeze to death? Or is he just sleeping?

Comment

Might already have been answered, but I'll ask anyway.

Did anubis gain access to the persons knowledge? Atlantis address for example.

Comment

Overall, I thought the episode was a good one.

Someone pointed out that they didn't see a DHD on the planet they sent Anubis. Well, if you remember that the DHD doesn't have to be in close proximity to the gate to work. So there is the possibility that Aunbis escapes the planet.

Also, anyone notice that they didn't need to answer Daniel's question about "Who shot me?" because by the end of the episode all three of them did. Teal'c and Sam zatted him but only Jack fired a bullet at him. So techincally they all three shot him. (My poor Daniel, .)
                No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

The DHD could also be buried under a snowdrift.

Vasselov (however you spell it) was, what, at least chest deep, wasn't he? And the DHD is more waist height. Depending on the tallness of the individual. Vassy was kinda tall, wasn't he?

Of course, to me, EVERYONE is tall...

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                    Re: the Ancient rules.

Anubis could fly around all he want. However, if he uses his powers as an ascended being (as Daniel was about to at the end of Full Circle before he was snatched), then that would sound the alarm.
                    Will the fact that the Ancients are even allowing Anubis the freedom to reek havoc all over the universe ever be addressed? They seem to be willing to step in and STOP Daniel but they won't stop Anubis. That seems very one sided.

Tame
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      So can you tell us if Anubis really did allow himself to freeze to death? Or is he just sleeping?
                      BOOM! And Joe falls silent...

I don't think Vaselov (sp?) was chest deep. I'd have to get up to go figure it out for sure, but I think he was kneeling and his legs were almost covered.
                      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                      once done, cannot be undone...
                      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Well, he was partially covered, anyway. And the snow could still have drifted over the DHD. Or it could have been out of frame.

If there was no DHD, you may as well ask why there was no MALP, either, since the SGC would have bad no way of retrieving it.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                          Will the fact that the Ancients are even allowing Anubis the freedom to reek havoc all over the universe ever be addressed? They seem to be willing to step in and STOP Daniel but they won't stop Anubis. That seems very one sided.

Tame
                          Simple. the Ancients would step in if he'd attempted to use his powers to cause trouble. But since he choose to do it the old-fashioned interacting-with-the-material-plane way the Others couldn't interfere with Anubis. They only interfered with Daniel because he was using the powers...
                          The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

So Joe....

KS?

Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
                              Simple. the Ancients would step in if he'd attempted to use his powers to cause trouble. But since he choose to do it the old-fashioned interacting-with-the-material-plane way the Others couldn't interfere with Anubis. They only interfered with Daniel because he was using the powers...
                              Well, technically using the knowledge of the Ancient themselves that he learned when was temporarily ascended should be considered using the powers because if he hadn't ascended and learned the technological secrets, then the System Lords would have used Anubis to wipe their Ha'Taks with, but due to his knowledge of previously-unknown ancient technologies, he was able to make a quick rise to power.

With Daniel, they had use Jack and the Ancient repository, which is why the Ancients couldnt interfere then. My big question is if the SGC will find some way of communicating with the "Others" to find out how to deal with Anubis since apparently his immaterial form cant be simply destroyed.
                              Last edited by Andy867; 30 July 2004, 07:26 AM.
                              Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Yeah, I have a gripe about that. Why is it the Ancients wouldn't let Daniel descend with the knowledge he gained while ascended, but they allow Anubis to retain his knowledge?

Comment

Working...
                                X