No announcement yet.

New Order, Part 2 (802)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They might be, but as season seven happened after a couple of episodes it got a bit boring and the ending really turned up
    __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
      Since the Goa'uld completely submerge the host, that might not be as effective as a Tok'ra host getting the knowledge. A potential host could be brain-sucked and then joined with a Tok'ra symbiote and *share* the knowledge.
      Ah, but it is a known fact that goa'uld get full access to the memories of its host.
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Of course, Daniel became an Ancient. Perhaps he has the ability to use their technology since he assended? Like Anubis.

Comment

Yeah, you're right. Perhaps because of his ascension, it allows him to use all their technology
          __

__

Comment

Exploring Daniel's existence while ascended has been hinted at for the upcoming season. Should be interesting.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
              Ah, but it is a known fact that goa'uld get full access to the memories of its host.
              What if the goa'uld doesn't understand it though, wouldn't the host die, like how Jack was dying? Then the goa'uld would have died with it, unless it ran away to find another host, but yah, i think this little subject is tricky.
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Think a sarcophagus could prevent (or at least delay) the death of a human from prolonged exposure to the Ancient knowledge? If so, a goa'uld could subject his/her host to a repository, gleam whatever Ancient tech they can from the knowledge unspooling in the host's head, and use the sarcophagus to keep the host alive for as long as possible.

Throw in the genetic memory factor, and the goa'uld can get a significant amount of data in such a fashion.

Heck, who knows - maybe that's how the goa'uld got alot of their technology in the first place. Ring transporters and the sarcophagus are already known to have roots in Ancient technology - maybe hyperdrives, inertial dampeners, staff weapons, etc. have similar roots.
                "So are we taking your car or mine, or am I just gonna follow you?"
                Daniel Jackson - "Affinity"

Comment

Well the Ancient used crystals, and the goa'uld use crystals

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelmganon
                    Think a sarcophagus could prevent (or at least delay) the death of a human from prolonged exposure to the Ancient knowledge? If so, a goa'uld could subject his/her host to a repository, gleam whatever Ancient tech they can from the knowledge unspooling in the host's head, and use the sarcophagus to keep the host alive for as long as possible.

Throw in the genetic memory factor, and the goa'uld can get a significant amount of data in such a fashion.
                    Could the Goa'uld understand what the host has tooken in though, thats what my question is. Would the Goa'uld be effected by the anciet depository like how Jack was. And wow, how long ago have we seen a sarcohphagus?!

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                      And wow, how long ago have we seen a sarcohphagus?!
                      Exactly one season, IIRC.
                      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                        Exactly one season, IIRC.
                        That isn't too long ago, but it seems like they trashed that box Now i think the Sarcophagus feels cheated.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                          Maybe Daniel has the gene also? Who knows but it certainly has got some explanation to do!
                          I also believe Daniel does have the gene but Jack went ahead downloaded the database because Daniel is the only one who can translate for him if he starts speaking Ancient.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                            ROFLMAO!!!
                            Does it make me old that I know exactly what you mean???
                            "I do not think it means what you think it means...."
                            Not at all, I'm only 17 & I know exactly what you're talking about!!!

Comment

This episode sounds amazing, but I have to know - are there many Daniel/Jack moments? They've been too rare lately, but the spoilers mentioned there would be some in New Order.

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                                This episode sounds amazing, but I have to know - are there many Daniel/Jack moments? They've been too rare lately, but the spoilers mentioned there would be some in New Order.
                                Umm, i don't think so, but i have short-term memory ;p, but i think there were a few But there was always Teal'c with them, so yah.

Comment

Working...
                                X